Corporate Cultue Survey

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I must admit that I was duly impressed last year when the company undertook the corporate culture survey. (A discussion of it can found here: http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...+Culture+Survey )

Such a thing had never been done by CCY and it fit with the image of HP as a more employee friendly company than the old US. When survey was done, there was something to the effect that it would be conducted again (can't remember if any interval was announced). Now that the merger (which I was very enthusiastic about at the time) has come to fruition. I wonder what the responses would be now.

One question that many might answer differently: "are you proud to work for US Airways?".

One question that many might answer differently: "are you proud to work for US Airways?".

When people ask what I do, I tell them that I am a Piano player in a Whorehouse.

(It is much less embarrasing than telling them I work for USAirways.........)

:down:

When people ask what I do, I tell them that I am a Piano player in a Whorehouse.

(It is much less embarrasing than telling them I work for USAirways.........)

:down:

I prefer to answer the question with I work for the "Star Alliance". When asked what's that? I reply, I don't know but I work for them, have a good day!

Actually, Shirley the Palace did one shortly after the PI/AL merger. That was in the Schofield days, IIRC.

I know a lot of folks told them exactly what they thought, and we haven't seen one since.

I've long thought, if you want a good corporate culture, let the employees formally review their bosses. Aggregate the numbers, and act on the results. Crappy bosses should be weeded out just like crappy employees. That did not happen at US - they got promoted (in some cases, all the way to veep! :shock: )

Whereas a SURVEY could be a very accurate MORALE CHECK of your employees, I do not feel This Mgmnt team WANTS TO SEE THE RESULTS. When the merger was announced TWO years ago, I thought this would be a very promising venture for East and West. Ever since the Delta Debacle (foolish on their part) things have spiralled out of control and the ENTIRE operation is disgusting. Many employees have become totally detached from the airline and simply show up for work when they have to. There are a few "Double baggers" still in the mix but many times they can't even find A Bag to do their job. I am generally an Optimist in Life and can usually find some good in anything but when it comes to how THEY are Running THIS AIRLINE, I refuse to GIVE THEM AN INCH. And I speak for MANY.