Corruption At Alpa

GUARANTEED

Jan 29, 2004
Duane Woerth the supposed leader of ALPA has sunken to a new all time low. This hypocryte is attempting to force the pilots at Allegheny airlines to completely and totally give up their contract!!! This is not exagerated or embellished! The ALG mec is deadlocked in a decision that would allow the mec to bypass the pilot group in a vote that would completely abrogate their contract. So what does this piece of work at ALPA do? He is forcing a meeting of the ALG MEC at ALPA Headquarters so he can supervise and force his hand via roll call or filing section 8 charges against the ALG MEC Reps. that refuse to sell out their pilots and that are demanding ALPA represents them, something ALPA refuses to do.

He's just adding more fuel to the DFR lawsuit. Question is, what's his motivation behind this?

As an interested (and sympathetic) outside observer, here's my question...

Do the 3 MEC members trying to push this thru believe that most of the pilots that they represent (their domiciles) want what they're pushing? If they believe that, then a membership vote shouldn't be a problem for them.

Jim

They refuse to allow for a membership vote because D woerth and the resorce coordinator have told them if they dont vote before one of the 5 deadlines so far the whole thing is lost. Woerth wont have any of that because then his pals at the mainline wont have 100% of the seats at the new ALG.

Got it. Sounds like management is using the same "we have to have a decision yesterday" argument that they used on us leading up to and during bankruptcy. And maybe the 3 reps believe they would lose in a membership vote.

Jim

dashflyer said:
He's just adding more fuel to the DFR lawsuit. Question is, what's his motivation behind this?
Keeping dues paying members, and ensuring more potential seats for J4J.

Eating the young. Again. This fool learned nothing from CCair or Comair or.....

ALPA is at it again. This is unconscionable!

Multiple Deadlines, Sign here or it's over, liquidation. But it is ALPA National President Duane Woerth saying that, not the Company.

Can ALPA please stop doing the company's labor busting work for them?

Hey ALPA, you are supposed to be the UNION! You are NOT the company! Stop screwing your own members!!!!!

Why can the Pilots NOT vote on their own future?

Clue, fr8tmastr, dashflyer, GUARANTEED, etc.,

This will probably sound strange coming from the pointy end of a mainline jet, but I've said for a decade that ALPA would someday regret not integrating the "express" into mainline. The start of the RJ era would have been the perfect time - all jet flying goes to the integrated "mainline". It would just take some different pay rates and a few other things added to the contract. We adopted the contract for MetroJet, so how hard could it be?

Hopefully, some of you younger folks can straighten out what my generation is leaving behind.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
This will probably sound strange coming from the pointy end of a mainline jet, but I've said for a decade that ALPA would someday regret not integrating the "express" into mainline. The start of the RJ era would have been the perfect time - all jet flying goes to the integrated "mainline". It would just take some different pay rates and a few other things added to the contract. We adopted the contract for MetroJet, so how hard could it be?

Hopefully, some of you younger folks can straighten out what my generation is leaving behind.
You are the rare exception. Your candor is also refreshing.

This (scope) is why I went away from trying to persue a career in aviation about 10 years ago--it looked to me then like it looks now--far too few folks looking out for "the profession" and not "me, right now."

Buddy of mine has been furloughed from U since 9/11 (fall from metrojet grace). He told me that there were actually a small group of U mainline pilots who were trying to look out for the W/O, get a flowthru and flowback and the like in the late 90s and early 00s.

Other than that, it's tough for an outsider (of aviation or "not a mailine pilot") to look at the actions of the U MEC as anything but consuming the junior pilots to save their own butts.

Clue,

Thanks. I'll just add one warning, however. If the scope clause is abolished by judicial decree, mainline as we know it today will probably slowly cease to exist. The door will be open to "outsource" all flying to the lowest bidder - how long do you think it will take Ornstein to get big airplanes and operate them under contract to someone?

For the younger folks among you hoping to make the "majors" some day, that hope could disappear.

Me? I'll be retired soon enough to not have to worry about it. The key for the younger folks is to find a way to "win" without losing in the long run. I honestly wish you good luck.

Jim

It's amazing that there appears to be absolutely no mention of the PDT/ALG "merger" anywhere on the ALPA page! More selective reporting, I guess.

I guess Woerth is trying to ignore them and hope they will go away? I don't think it's working! I see a huge legal battle ahead. These guys have nothing else to lose.

OldpropGuy,

You're right of course. I would guess most mainline folks know little or nothing about it. Seems like I saw somewhere that the company wanted it accomplished by April. I would hope that it's just a move to consolidate operations & eliminate duplication - at the worker level but not at the management level. I hope it's not packaging the "prop" operation for sale or anything like that.

Frankly I know little other than that a merger is in the works but I'm ready to be educated.

Jim

This is probably just like politics.

Those who pay the most, get the most representation.

If ALPA were to lose more pilot's dues money from Major carriers, they would have to do a lot more re-budgeting then they already have.

I wonder if Comair and ASA put together equals the dues money that ALPA gets from say United, Delta, or Continental.

What were to happen if pilots from ComAir, Skywest, TSA, Piedmont, Allegheny, Mesaba and the like broke away from ALPA or whatever other union and started RALPA??? There would certainly be a lot of members.

Latest posts