Cost neutral for employees, but not Management!

Twicebaked

Veteran
May 22, 2003
AFA America West Council 66

Following in the footsteps of his fellow executive officers, Doug Parker, CEO of US Airways cashed in many of his stock options yesterday and took home approximately $9,000,000 dollars. That's right...nearly $9 Million Dollars!

Shares Acquired Expiration date Option Price Value

24,750 10/28/06 $29.09 $719,977.50

41,250 01/24/12 $9.21 $379,912.50

103,125 04/09/13 $6.42 $662,062.50

33,025 03/10/15 $12.44 $410,831.00

70,100 03/10/15 $12.44 $872,044.00

Total Shares Acquired: 272,250 Total Cost: $3,044,827.50

Shares Sold Date Sold Exercised Price Value

202,150 8/1/06 $44.458 $8,987,184.70

70,100 8/2/06 $43.5875 $3,055,483.75

Total Shares Sold: 272,250 Total Value: $12,042,668.45

Total Pre Tax Profit: $8,997,840.95

Additionally, Parker announced to management employees that West Grade 23 and above employees; East Management Salary Plan (MSP), employees; and, employees covered by the crew schedulers' pay scales will be eligible for merit raises this fall.

In a letter to these employees Parker says; "The past year has been more challenging -and more successful- than many of us anticipated going into the US Airways/America West merger. Today, we're on track for a profitable 2006, even with transition-related expenses and with continued high fuel costs and that is good news.

With that, I'm pleased to report that we will implement annual 3% merit pay increases for non-contract employees this fall. Contract employees, as you know, have their annual pay increases implemented as part of their contracts.

The increases will average 3% for West employees in positions at grade 23 through the managing director level, and East employees in the Management/Salaried Plan (MSP) through the managing director level.

I'm delighted that we're in a position to offer increases. We have a lot of challenges ahead, but I'm optimistic that we're up to meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations." Parker states.

Nine Million Dollars added to Parker's pocket and pay raises for management employees as a direct result of this merger and all-the-while proclaiming that our contract negotiations for a Single Agreement must remain cost neutral!

This hypocritical posturing of a cost-neutral contract by Parker and his management team must stop now. The Flight Attendants at the new US Airways are as integral to the success of this company any other employee group...including management. We deserve and expect fair enhancements to our wages and working conditions... and yes, we are ready, able, and willing to take the steps necessary to secure those enhancements.

OK, I'm confused: are annual increases not part of your negotiated pay rates? If so, then what's the difference between a salaried employee earning up to a 3% increase based on their job performance, and a represented employee getting an increase because they stuck it out another year?

Don't forget the over 5 million already this year - sorry to say but you folks on the east will catch on to Dougie's World sooner or later.

Nine Million Dollars added to Parker's pocket and pay raises for management employees as a direct result of this merger and all-the-while proclaiming that our contract negotiations for a Single Agreement must remain cost neutral!

This hypocritical posturing of a cost-neutral contract by Parker and his management team must stop now. The Flight Attendants at the new US Airways are as integral to the success of this company any other employee group...including management. We deserve and expect fair enhancements to our wages and working conditions... and yes, we are ready, able, and willing to take the steps necessary to secure those enhancements.

Don't you get longevity raises each year? Non-contract teammates do not.

The majority of the workers on the East are topped out employees in all groups.

Are you speaking just about the West? Is this one company or two?

OK, I'm confused: are annual increases not part of your negotiated pay rates? If so, then what's the difference between a salaried employee earning up to a 3% increase based on their job performance, and a represented employee getting an increase because they stuck it out another year?
You are not serious are you?

You do realize that all contract employees are working under judge abrogated B.K. contracts that put all employees at the bottom of every scale out there among airline employee groups.

Under this scenario not only do we get little if any raises in the next 5 years, our health insurance creeps up every year so that we will be at cost negative.

Now we all know that everyone up top continues to reward themselves for what they think is such a great job, while we at the bottom again get to continue to suffer with sub-standard contract language and no relief in sight.

Now you tell me how that is fair!

Just to show you how much they think of us, look for yourself at what we on the ramp are in the middle of right now.

What a joke!

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm#usa.8.4.06

I feel nauseous. I dont have my 3rd Concessionary (EAST) Contract in front of me, and am not sure when we (AFA) are due for our first "raise" (read: $$ given back to us that we had before), but I think it is not soon. I could be wrong, anyone have that answer off the top of their head?

I am not one of those delusional employees running around screaming for everything back because we made a profit one quarter, but I think it's important to remember this stock selling and merit raises when it comes time to negotiate hard over our new AFA "COMBINED COST NEUTRAL" contract.

Remember, COST NEUTRAL=CONCESSIONARY, ON BOTH EAST AND WEST SIDES. :shock:

If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention.(Phrase taken from a pilot's flight bag :lol: )

Thank you.

Under this scenario not only do we get little if any raises in the next 5 years

So, out of curiosity, what is the percentage of raise you would get? And what are the conditions that were negotiated on your behalf?

And what would any of you say is the average (balllpark, if you will) annual pay of a full time employee in any front-line workgroup? Not asking for anyone's specific W-2, but if we're going to get up in arms that salaried employees don't deserve any pay increases, let's just see how closely we can compare apples to apples.

If Doug's taxes on the profit are being paid by LCC this is not cost neutral. It is an example of differing rules depending on if you are a patron or peon.

If Doug's taxes on the profit are being paid by LCC this is not cost neutral. It is an example of differing rules depending on if you are a patron or peon.

I would be very surprised if LCC agreed to pay the tax on his stock options.

Barbell, you've got to be kidding. No one here on this board will argue that every frontline, management, or executive employeee type at this company hasn't worked hard and sacrificed greatly for this company. We all deserve pay raises for a job well done. But when you hear that all none contract management employees will be elegable for up to 3% pay raises this fall, and we contract employees must remain cost neutral to the company's bottom line, there in lies the hypocracy. Won't these pay raises add a 3% cost increase to your department's bottom line? Where is our 3% cost increase to our contract? And by the way, my first payraise will be 01/01/07 in the amount of 1% then 2% again on 01/01/08 and 01/01/09 then 1% raises there after until 2012...as an AFA member.

So, out of curiosity, what is the percentage of raise you would get? And what are the conditions that were negotiated on your behalf?

And what would any of you say is the average (balllpark, if you will) annual pay of a full time employee in any front-line workgroup? Not asking for anyone's specific W-2, but if we're going to get up in arms that salaried employees don't deserve any pay increases, let's just see how closely we can compare apples to apples.
Ok here it is, our complete contract for the ramp in all its glory.

You take the time to read through it and tell me just how good it looks to you.

Also tell us if this was your contract would you be happy with it until 2012.

All the while the good folks at the top become richer and fatter.

Just click on the link above the letter to view the contract.

Note the sick policy/recall from furlough policy/pay...etc....etc.

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm

I feel nauseous. I dont have my 3rd Concessionary (EAST) Contract in front of me, and am not sure when we (AFA) are due for our first "raise" (read: $$ given back to us that we had before), but I think it is not soon. I could be wrong, anyone have that answer off the top of their head?

I am not one of those delusional employees running around screaming for everything back because we made a profit one quarter, but I think it's important to remember this stock selling and merit raises when it comes time to negotiate hard over our new AFA "COMBINED COST NEUTRAL" contract.

Remember, COST NEUTRAL=CONCESSIONARY, ON BOTH EAST AND WEST SIDES. :shock:

If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention.(Phrase taken from a pilot's flight bag :lol: )

Thank you.

In 2012 for the East amendable date...however, you may not see anything for a couple of years after that, as West can attest.