Cost Savings Right Now

planeirish

Aug 8, 2004
Hi Folks.

Has anyone been approached by management (senior or middle) as to how we might slow the flow of cash going out and save some of what we have left and generate more?

I think that before we ask folks to adjust their W-2 's, has any thought about how our day to day business operates and what might help us. I don't think so.

We might look at hiring a consultant who might tell us how to be more efficent. Our management seems to forget we have 20.000 consultants on the payroll right now.

Everyone seems to have ideas but no one is listening. General Motors went through this, a Dr. Demming from Wharton School of Business approached GM's Management who advised him they have middle managers who do this. He went to Toyota and found they used a concensius model. When asked how it worked, Dr. Demming was told that they had a problem that cost Toyota thousands when new cars were scratched by the hold down chains on the car carriers and had to re-paint them. The work force was brought together and the problem as solved by a floor sweeper who asked if they had thought of using a foam liner on the new cars hood and trunk. It might work for us, ask the person who does the job.

Mgmt, and I use the term loosly, DOES NOT CARE ABOUT IT'S EMPLOYEE'S..
They havent in a loooonnnnggggg time..

ALl they want are 7-9.00 per hr pay scales for new hires..

Deal for them and this is old news...

Offer something worthwhile to us..after all Davey Boy was given millions as being a minnion....

Watch how we all drop like bee's out of the hornet's nest...

Dont insult us with a crapy p/t 7500.00 and/or 15.000.00 f/t..medical 12 mos and a lifetime of flying...

Who is kidding who? have you tried to non rev lately?

I'm not talking of full flts...CANCELLED/ NO CREW>>>

keep your flying for life..give me medical for life..

Retirement-well I'll have very little from :down: :down: this circus...

This would be a great idea but management at U has tunnel vision. They only see something one way and that is their way. Also why don`t we try and generate some extra revenue. One example is to put advertising on the inside of the planes. America West has started this and one of their clients is Bank Of America. Don`t you think they would like to advertise on U`s aircraft. Or maybe approach a rival bank , hotels etc. This one example is a way the company could generate revenue without taking money out of the hard working employees pockets.