Covid-19 Mask Studies

PeteIsthatu

Advanced
Nov 2, 2020
TLDR: MASKS FAILED. Least surprising finding ever.

Effectiveness of Adding a Mask Recommendation to Other Public Health
Measures to Prevent SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Danish Mask Wearers

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Conclusion:
The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use. The data were compatible with lesser degrees of self-protection.

TLDR: MASKS FAILED. Least surprising finding ever.

Effectiveness of Adding a Mask Recommendation to Other Public Health
Measures to Prevent SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Danish Mask Wearers

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Conclusion:
The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use. The data were compatible with lesser degrees of self-protection.
You see that video by some doctor that was on youtube? I think I posted it here somewhere. Quite revealing. Of course, all the lefty wonks heads castigated the doctor as some type charlatan but neglected to address what was demonstrated in the video....go figure.

Reactions: PeteIsthatu
Travel-funny-meme-covid19-pandemic-joke-humor-44.jpg

Pete is a former flight attendant but willfully ignores the idea/benefit of a multi-layered mitigation strategy- something that governed her entire career.

Interesting.

Pete is a former flight attendant but willfully ignores the idea/benefit of a multi-layered mitigation strategy- something that governed her entire career.

Interesting.

You have no idea what or who i am.

Interesting.
I noticed Biden's pandemic people are doing the same things as Trump CV task force and CDC have done. Except they are hell bent on shutting down everything again, which is against even Fauci's recommendations. So where's this magic wand?

There is no magic wand. There's never been one. Not even when Trump said COVID would disappear "like a miracle."

Masks are just one layer in a larger mitigation plan.

There is no magic wand. There's never been one. Not even when Trump said COVID would disappear "like a miracle."

Masks are just one layer in a larger mitigation plan.

Strange how 100+ years of infectious disease research (mask for airborne virus) when out the window in March 2020. Some of the same "experts" promoting them today regarded them as useless in prior years. Even in published studies.

Many of the people who contracted Kung Flu were also stringent mask wearers.

I noticed Biden's pandemic people are doing the same things as Trump CV task force and CDC have done. Except they are hell bent on shutting down everything again, which is against even Fauci's recommendations. So where's this magic wand?
Except Biden has maintained he will not shut everything down as it wouldn't make sense.

I've seen Biden state it himself that he wont shutdown as it doesn't make economic sense bec one are may be horrible but in another may not be so bad. On flip side I see 3 vaccines are nearing public distribution. I do give ur president credit when he said there be vaccines out. He not far off from that

Trump was too much of a coward to do what needed to be done.

Far easier to engage in magical thinking that act courageously.

Had he done so, he probably would've sailed into a 2nd term instead of irrelevance.