Cp Desk

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
I am still having problems with the CP desk. Today, a liason told me that I had to pay a change fee on my ticket and I explained to her that she was in error. I finally just said, thanks, I'll go to the airport. At the airport, the ticket agent changed my ticket and handed me my boarding pass. When I asked her what I owed, she said, NOTHING, your ticket is fully refundable!!!!!

Then, I've emailed the desk about mileage credit problems with HP flights. The first time, they never responded, so I sent a second request and they fixed the problem. Then, I received a response to my first request (after I already received a response to my second request) telling me that a credit would be made in 2006 even though they already made the credit to my account in response to my second request which was responded to before they replied to my first request. What are they doing over there?

I had another situation with HP flight credit (and this is understandable--I'm not complaining about the problems with getting the glitches in the computer system worked out because of the merger). I emailed the desk and they responded with a link to ASK A QUESTION that says I should have received credit--but no credit was given. Thanks for telling me I am right--how about the mileage credit. No other reply was given--just the link.

What the heck are they doing over there? What's going on? It is not the level of customer service I have been used to that's for sure.

(post edited to try to clarify)

I am still having problems with the CP desk. Today, a liason told me that I had to pay a change fee on my ticket and I explained to her that she was in error. I finally just said, thanks, I'll go to the airport. At the airport, the ticket agent changed my ticket and handed me my boarding pass. When I asked her what I owed, she said, NOTHING, your ticket is fully refundable!!!!!

Then, I've emailed the desk about mileage credit problems with HP flights. The first time, they never responded, so I sent a second request and they fixed the problem. Then, I received a response to my first request telling me that a credit would be made in 2006.

I had another situation with HP flight credit (and this is understandable--I'm not complaining about the problems with getting the glitches worked out because of the merger). I emailed the desk and they responded with a link to ASK A QUESTION that says I should have received credit--but no credit was given.

What the heck are they doing over there? What's going on?

I think you just answered your own question! You said you were "...not complaining about the problems with getting glitched worked out...", so what are you complaining about??? I am not bashing you, but it seems it is all about the glitches in this story. confused??

I think you just answered your own question! You said you were "...not complaining about the problems with getting glitched worked out...", so what are you complaining about??? I am not bashing you, but it seems it is all about the glitches in this story. confused??

I am not complaining about the having to ask to get the mileage credits--I understand those glitches...what I am complaining about is the CP desk is (1) being unresponsive and (2) not giving accurate information out. From mileage credits to ticket changes--they aren't on their game--I never had these problems in the past.

I am not complaining about the having to ask to get the mileage credits--I understand those glitches...what I am complaining about is the CP desk is (1) being unresponsive and (2) not giving accurate information out. From mileage credits to ticket changes--they aren't on their game--I never had these problems in the past.

I chuck it off to transition! I could be wrong, but..... <_<

I think your complaints are fair. Now is NOT the time to slip with regards to the CP desk...transition or not.. You are valued and are appreciated. I hope your concerns are addressed by the right people.

I think your complaints are fair. Now is NOT the time to slip with regards to the CP desk...transition or not.. You are valued and are appreciated. I hope your concerns are addressed by the right people.

Thanks first.

Twicebaked--some of the problems have NOTHING to do with the transition. CP liasons are giving out bad information about change fees, i have had tickets booked for the wrong dates of travel (and later confirmed by CP desk that the liason made the mistake and not me), i have been told that fare codes that I have been booking for the past six months in the market i am flying were never available in that market, i have been given bad information about upgrades of a companion on a US flight from a former CP supervisor--this is not what you expect from people who are dealing with your best and most loyal customers. Over 50% of the time I call, they don't say my name when they get on the phone. I just see a big difference over the past few months--and not a good change.

The mileage credit problems are an issue--it's the way that the CP desk is handling the inquiry. I had one CP agent say, Customer Service told me to tell you that you should give us a break and call back in 2 weeks, hahahahah---that is what she said to me--I felt like saying I don't think they really wanted you to pass that commentary along to me....

I agree that the problems you are having have nothing to do with merger related issues. It sounds like the problems are more related to the loss of top tier employees. With the EO program, US lost a lot of talented individuals, many from the CP desk. As replacements are put on the desk from general sales, there is a learning curve. Unfortunately, these folks are not used to dealing with the top tier folks. There is still no excuse for discourteous service and misinformation.

The above examples coupled with the issue of outsourcing are reinforcing proof of why we are at the bottom of the Complaint Catagory on the DOT hit list. Hopefully with simplifying fares (if/when it happens) will help eliminate some of the confusion.

US1 - sorry for the service failures....thanks for staying with US.