CrAApy Base Planners

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
For some reason here at AA we have a huge problem with people being able to properly do the monthly bid run for F/A's. I honestly can't remember a month when they have NOT re-run the bids. For some reason, they can't get it done right the first time. If you have ever been in on a presentation by them, you would be even more dumbfounded. According to the people that do it, the bids are run then a supervisor checks them before they are published. So it goes through at least 2 layers of checks before being published. Yet, even after all that, they are still routinely screwed up! Now for the best re-run ever, here in LAX we were told Friday that they would be re-run SUNDAY!!!! WTF? Did someone have crAAp to do Friday night AND all day Saturday? Total BS is all that is. I really hope for the other airline folks this isn't usual for you as well. AA just downright sucks when it comes to the monthly bid runs!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Hahaha, apparently we have one of the planners on the site! Thanks for the negative vote.

Reactions: 1 person
I hear ya, but I also am upset with allocations for creating constantly worse and worse bid selections with every bid month that comes by. At least domestically, anyway. The trips are terrible, and our new base "representation" in New York doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

Reactions: 1 person
At least they've finally done away with the 9.30 SMF layovers with the minimum 30 minute airport-hotel commute. This bid re-run problem must apply only to certain bases. I don't remember the last time bids were re-run at DFW or STL.