Crashpads in CLT?

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
I'm transferring to CLT in March and was thinking of opening a crashpad in CLT but I'm not sure if I should. In PHL it's easy to find roommates for a crashpad b/c of all the commuters and there is public transportation so there is no need for car. In CLT, I know there are some commuters but I imagine that many live in the area. Also, you need a car in CLT to get around unlike PHL. Actually, I am not really familiar with the public transportation in CLT even though I have lived for many years. I will investigate and find out more. So, for those of you based in CLT, is there a high demand for crashpads? Do you think with the recent recall and transfers that there will possibly be a need? Anybody have the scoop? I have been out of work for the past few weeks sick but as soon as I am better I will go to CLT and look at the bulletin board in the crew room and ask around too but I figured that if anybody on here knows anything it would help. I also have training in Feb so maybe I can find the newbies and see if any of them are interested and let the instructors know so they can say something if anybody asks about a crash pad and maybe post a flyer if that is allowed. I know when I came back from recall we were all asking about crashpads in PHL. So does anybody have the scoop on this? Thanks.

Want me to post something for you?

Thanks that's so nice of you. I may come to the airport on Saturday and look at the other flyers and see what the deal is and then post one myself as well to see if I get any calls and what people are looking for. I should be feeling better by then. If not I'll let you know and maybe you can post something for me. I have a dr appt now but I will be back on here later and will know for sure what is going on.

I know a few people getting recalled to clt that do not currently live there. I suggested they move to whatever base they get, but they live out west. I'll check with them and see.

I know a few people getting recalled to clt that do not currently live there. I suggested they move to whatever base they get, but they live out west. I'll check with them and see.

If they live out West, why didn't they do the AWA thing when it was offered.

Once we integrate and PHX opens, it will take a long long time at their seniority to get back there. At least if they were already there....they could have stayed there.

I guess everyone has their reasons though......

If they live out West, why didn't they do the AWA thing when it was offered.

Once we integrate and PHX opens, it will take a long long time at their seniority to get back there. At least if they were already there....they could have stayed there.

I guess everyone has their reasons though......
Many did and it SUCKS big time so they got the HE11 out real quick like!!!

I am transfering to CLT in March but I'm moving - I may take one crashpad person or roomie however I won't be on top of the airport - I want to live somewhere safe and I'm looking about 15 minutes away. I can't do the commute thing but if you need a place FlightChic and have a car PM me. I am going to CLT on Sat - Tues to look for a place.

I'm transferring to CLT in March and was thinking of opening a crashpad in CLT but I'm not sure if I should. In PHL it's easy to find roommates for a crashpad b/c of all the commuters and there is public transportation so there is no need for car. In CLT, I know there are some commuters but I imagine that many live in the area. Also, you need a car in CLT to get around unlike PHL. Actually, I am not really familiar with the public transportation in CLT even though I have lived for many years. I will investigate and find out more. So, for those of you based in CLT, is there a high demand for crashpads? Do you think with the recent recall and transfers that there will possibly be a need? Anybody have the scoop? I have been out of work for the past few weeks sick but as soon as I am better I will go to CLT and look at the bulletin board in the crew room and ask around too but I figured that if anybody on here knows anything it would help. I also have training in Feb so maybe I can find the newbies and see if any of them are interested and let the instructors know so they can say something if anybody asks about a crash pad and maybe post a flyer if that is allowed. I know when I came back from recall we were all asking about crashpads in PHL. So does anybody have the scoop on this? Thanks.
what!! your going to clt?!! damn all the good people are leaving phl . suerte mi amor. we need ot have a little get together at the T.I. before you leave.

I got an extra room in my apt, lake norman, hot female FAs are welcome, lol!!!!

what!! your going to clt?!! damn all the good people are leaving phl . suerte mi amor. we need ot have a little get together at the T.I. before you leave.

Yeah we should all have a get together before I leave! I am going to miss PHL so much! I wish I were staying now even though I hate the commute because I have met so many great people! I will miss everyone so much. I'll be back in PHL on Feb. 13th. and in March I'm out! Boo hoo hoo