Crew Lodging

Greany

Mar 10, 2006
Hello all, I will be starting training in the May class. I've got a question regarding hotels once actually working as a f/a. Does Us Airways/America West make their Flight Attendants share rooms during layovers? Or, does each employee get his/her own room?

Thanks!

Hello all, I will be starting training in the May class. I've got a question regarding hotels once actually working as a f/a. Does Us Airways/America West make their Flight Attendants share rooms during layovers? Or, does each employee get his/her own room?

Thanks!

Depends on what she looks like.

Thanks!
The company is gracious enough to put only one crew member per bed bug-infested room. I guess they feel like since you're already sharing the space with so many other species, you should be able to be the only human in the room if you so please.

Greany,

You will get your own room. Heavens, back in the day of shared rooms, it was awful! Smokers vs nonSmokers, those who stayed up all night either watching late-night TV or giggling on the phone with their current "squeeze". Worst yet, when they brought the "squeeze" along and you had to sleep in the bath tub! No kidding!

You should get a room away from the elevators and ice machines. Always check the room clock! Some folks think it's pretty funny to set the wake-up time for 3:00 am! Always check the toilet to make sure it flushes. Check the closets and under the bed, made sure the window locks. It's common practice to have another flight attendant check your room. Take advance of it, no matter how nice the hotel is! Lots of sick folks out there (who aren't crew members!)

Never open the door without checking who it is. If they say it's Hotel Security or Maintenance, take a moment and call downstairs to make sure. Better safe than sorry!

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of RON's!

Dea

If the lay over is less than 10 hours they prefer we sleep on the plane. After all the blankets and pillows are clean....

Greany,

You will get your own room. Heavens, back in the day of shared rooms, it was awful! Smokers vs nonSmokers, those who stayed up all night either watching late-night TV or giggling on the phone with their current "squeeze". Worst yet, when they brought the "squeeze" along and you had to sleep in the bath tub! No kidding!

You should get a room away from the elevators and ice machines. Always check the room clock! Some folks think it's pretty funny to set the wake-up time for 3:00 am! Always check the toilet to make sure it flushes. Check the closets and under the bed, made sure the window locks. It's common practice to have another flight attendant check your room. Take advance of it, no matter how nice the hotel is! Lots of sick folks out there (who aren't crew members!)

Never open the door without checking who it is. If they say it's Hotel Security or Maintenance, take a moment and call downstairs to make sure. Better safe than sorry!

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of RON's!

Dea

What she says on the personal safety issues.

Thanks!

I won't be doing this job if I had to share my room with another flight attendant.

Except once in a while, if I'm flying with fun crews or flying with friends. (We have buddy-bid system in the west). We sometimes have slumber parties. :)

I won't be doing this job if I had to share my room with another flight attendant.

Except once in a while, if I'm flying with fun crews or flying with friends. (We have buddy-bid system in the west). We sometimes have slumber parties. :)

Yeah I've been to a few "slumber parties"! :mf_boff: