Crew News 3/22

beachboy

Veteran
Jul 7, 2006
Did anyone see the March 22 crew news webcast on the hub? :eek: Lack of answers and the crews just tore them from one end of the room to another! Scott Kirby and Sherry had to leave wondering what the hell they just walked into. :D Good for you guys that showed up they needed to hear everything they got thrown at them! They promised answers (that they should have had handy) and I hope we hold them to the promise.

http://thehub.usairways.com/news/crewnews/...ideo_032207.htm
(gotta have a hub password)

Oh how I enjoyed that! I thought for a minute that Scottie was going to have his ass handed to him on a plate! Bet he wished he was in Rome with Dougie.

I have said it once and I'll say it again, "Sherri is an absolute Moron". She IS inflight and cannot answer one [edited by mod] question. I think they surely feel the heat after that one. I bet after that session they though "Holy $h!t". They are PO'd. Well we are. I am very proud of all that spoke up. Maybe, just MAYBE something can be done to alleviate the displacements. Doubtfull so soon though. Can they answer anything in that session? Unreal.

I must say, thank goodness those without a password cannot view this. Someday this will be part of some "video textbook" of how not to take care of your employees. The most impressive thing I saw was the professional way the questions were asked, with the obvious slow burn going on in the background. How could the President of the Company not be aware the East travel number is broken? Even worse, why would a man of that responsibility show up so unprepared?

Based on what I have seen in PHL the last two weeks (so what else is new!) this company is going to hell in a handbasket, and our upper mangement has not a clue.

Best, Greeter.

I must say, thank goodness those without a password cannot view this. Someday this will be part of some "video textbook" of how not to take care of your employees. The most impressive thing I saw was the professional way the questions were asked, with the obvious slow burn going on in the background. How could the President of the Company not be aware the East travel number is broken? Even worse, why would a man of that responsibility show up so unprepared?

Based on what I have seen in PHL the last two weeks (so what else is new!) this company is going to hell in a handbasket, and our upper mangement has not a clue.

Best, Greeter.

WG,

Can't wait to see how the Pilot Meeting turned out. Ooops I forgot, it's CLT.

WOW.

I can be pretty critical of our Work group, but I am PROUD of them after watching this. They were atriculate, to the point, and demanding responsibility.

I have said it once and I'll say it again, "Sherri is an absolute Moron". She IS inflight and cannot answer one god damn qestion. I think they surely feel the heat after that one. I bet after that session they though "Holy $h!t". They are PO'd. Well we are. I am very proud of all that spoke up. Maybe, just MAYBE something can be done to alleviate the displacements. Doubtfull so soon though. Can they answer anything in that session? Unreal.
I can not believe this Sherri Shamblin! Has she even looked at our contract? She knows absolutely nothing. What an embarrassment.

Did she even conribute? It looks like she saw it was a crowd that expected answers (or at least knowlege of the question) and went and hid. You get the feeling she knows little or nothing about the flight attendant group. Not impressed with what little we've seen or heard from her.

It really did seem like he had no idea about the displacements. Don't they have handlers to brief them on this sort of thing before they go in front of a group? He handled it well and did apologize for having no information and answers but what an embarrassment! These crew news things are a good idea, but even though they are password protected, they could be viewed by anyone, and this one REALLY makes the company look incompetent.

WOW.

I can be pretty critical of our Work group, but I am PROUD of them after watching this. They were atriculate, to the point, and demanding responsibility.

sky high states: I'm LIKING you so much,......this week.

only stating opinions.

i saw it and i must say that i was very impressed with the questions. i hope that management gets it and does something about it. sherrie,&scott, you guys know me very well and when i e-mail you guys or talk to you in person. i am very fair in the things that i say. the f/a group in the east is very ,very upset and dissappointed. we feel like tempe has no clue about what's happening out east. i am sure that our friends out in phx have their issues and i am not downplaying them .but you guys really need to address the issues out east. sherrie , i know you look at this message board . i hate it when people call you names because i have met you many times and you seem to be a wonderful person. but it looks like you lacking a lot of knowledge of what's happening out east.(i could be wrong about that ) someone needs to really brief you on alot of issues, and we have many. there is alot that has to be done here. you have many upset f/a's . and i am sure you have them on both sides of the fence. i know you can't please everyone but something has to be done. you heard it on mar 22cnd. that is how 99% of the east f/a's feel . if we want to make this merger work we all need to take something from the old america west slogan and "get onboard" it can't be half ass. we have been through alot . wether it be a reserve f/a or a block holder. i also understand that you answer to a higher power a.k.a ed bular. well i hope he get's the message as well. the KEY to this airlines succes is and are the employees period. quality of life baby that's all we ask for . to be treated like people and with respect and dignity. we are all grown ups here with families ,wifes husbands,partners,ect. you get the picture. you were once a f/a so you know how it was and is. doug is always saying that he want's to retain the best employees in the business. well then, start treating us like it and stop saying it. actions really do speak louder than words.
take care,
you know who i am ;)

Etops1,

I have no idea who you are, and I somtimes take issue with your posts, but that was a great post. Kudos!

Just finished watching it. A few observations:
Kirby's explanation of the Shares issue was a waste of breath. He repeated much of the spin factor he gave to the media. We are on the inside looking out and I've seen something far different and destructive. (still)
Way too slow getting the mikes out to the speakers. Did not hear 3-4 questions. Two glitches with the labels within the webcast they were repeats with different subject titles.
Our wonderful fearless flight attendants gave Mr Kirby the accountabiity question. LOVED IT.
The squirm factor was fairly minimal because the questions were presented well, although Mr Kirby was probably most uncomfortable not being prepared for his audience.
Speaking of being unprepared.....

Sherry should be ashamed of herself. There is NO excuse not having a clue about staffing models and displacements etc. Go home and stay there.

Thank you to those (at least 3 of them) that brought up "recalls" to Scott. He did not acknowledge the recall question but I'm glad it was brought up.

Mr Kirby promised (after being pushed against the flight attendant wall) to get an answer out on the displacement issue (alternatives?) and about the ETC by the end of this week.
Surprised at not hearing anything about s l o w speed of the merged contract negotiations but right now there are more immediate fish to fry.

Sherri Shamblin has not sent any correspondence to her East flight attendants since 2006. It is almost April. There ya have it.

Folks, watch the video and examine Kirby's body language. It's a fascinating study.

IMO, it demonstrates embarassment. I think (and I can't believe I'm saying this) he was hung out to dry by someone else.

Rome has seven hills, right?