Crowd Cheers Clinton's Call To 'Raise Taxes On The Middle Class'

Did they read this before they applauded?

Provide tax relief to working families from the rising costs they face. For too many years, middle-class families have been squeezed by rising costs for everything from child care to health care to affording college. Hillary will offer relief from these rising costs, including tax relief for Americans facing excessive out-of-pocket health care costs and for those caring for an ill or elderly family member.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/a-fair-tax-system/

Enact policies that meet the challenges families face in the 21st-century economy. Hillary will make it possible for parents to succeed at work and at home by updating outdated laws so they match how families work today. She will fight for equal pay and guarantee paid leave, two changes that are long overdue. And she will provide relief from the rising costs of necessities like child care and housing, while taking steps to provide Americans with greater retirement and health care security.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/an-economy-that-works-for-everyone/

The measure of our success will be how much incomes rise for hardworking families. How many children are lifted out of poverty. How many Americans can find good jobs that support a middle-class life—and not only that, jobs that provide a sense of dignity and pride. That’s what it means to have an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top. That’s the mission, and I’m asking all of you to join me in it.
Hillary, June 22, 2016

most are of th mindset that if there's a D beside the name it's an automatic  vote for

Reactions: 2 people
That sucks, but Reaganomics bent me backwards.
These a$$clowns will suck it up and blame everyone else.
DemoRATS, RepubliRATS, what's the difference?
Still waiting for 'No New Taxes'. :LOL:
Ya'll think Trump can change that on his own?
Yea I know, people are jealous that I am in the 39% tax bracket.
Not a damn thing I can do about it.
B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
traderjake said:

"Trump campaign falsifies Hillary Clinton's stance on taxes"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-falsifies-hillary-clintons-stance-on-taxes/

"Donald Trump's campaign has released a video that falsifies Hillary Clinton's stance on taxes, the fact-checkers over at Politifact found.

The video, which shows the Clinton rally in Nebraska Monday, was posted to YouTube on an account called "Team Trump" and then was later embedded in a Trump campaign email.

In the video, Clinton says, "Trump wants to cut taxes for the super rich," to a loud chorus of boos.

Then she says, "Well, we're not going there, my friends. I'm telling you right now we're going to write fairer rules for the middle class. And we aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class."

But the video included subtitles that said exactly the opposite. It read, "We are going to raise taxes on the middle class."

The video's text asks "Wait. What?" before replaying the Clinton clip, modified and slowed down. As Clinton says again "we aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class," the subtitles read "we are going to raise taxes on the middle class."

The video ends with a shot of the Trump-Pence campaign logo, though it doesn't say that the video was sponsored or approved by the campaign.

In an appearance in Des Moines, Iowa Friday, Trump's vice presidential nominee Mike Pence repeated the video's false text statement -- "She was in Omaha just the other day and she actually said -- she actually said out loud 'we are going to raise taxes on the middle class.'"

Politifact noticed the discrepancy in the video and decided to ask Clinton campaign spokesperson Josh Schwerin about it.

Schwerin pointed Politifact to reporters' accounts of hearing the Clinton speech, as well as a transcript of Clinton's prepared remarks, which read: "We aren't going to to raise taxes on the middle class."

Politifact then went one step further and asked linguistics professors at the University of Chicago and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to analyze Clinton's speech with a computer program.

Their findings: Clinton definitely said, "We aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class.""

there's a shock one political campaign lying about the other.

Trump may be in trouble there as Hillary will surely beat him on experience

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-falsifies-hillary-clintons-stance-on-taxes/

"Donald Trump's campaign has released a video that falsifies Hillary Clinton's stance on taxes, the fact-checkers over at Politifact found.

The video, which shows the Clinton rally in Nebraska Monday, was posted to YouTube on an account called "Team Trump" and then was later embedded in a Trump campaign email.

In the video, Clinton says, "Trump wants to cut taxes for the super rich," to a loud chorus of boos.

Then she says, "Well, we're not going there, my friends. I'm telling you right now we're going to write fairer rules for the middle class. And we aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class."

But the video included subtitles that said exactly the opposite. It read, "We are going to raise taxes on the middle class."

The video's text asks "Wait. What?" before replaying the Clinton clip, modified and slowed down. As Clinton says again "we aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class," the subtitles read "we are going to raise taxes on the middle class."

The video ends with a shot of the Trump-Pence campaign logo, though it doesn't say that the video was sponsored or approved by the campaign.

In an appearance in Des Moines, Iowa Friday, Trump's vice presidential nominee Mike Pence repeated the video's false text statement -- "She was in Omaha just the other day and she actually said -- she actually said out loud 'we are going to raise taxes on the middle class.'"

Politifact noticed the discrepancy in the video and decided to ask Clinton campaign spokesperson Josh Schwerin about it.

Schwerin pointed Politifact to reporters' accounts of hearing the Clinton speech, as well as a transcript of Clinton's prepared remarks, which read: "We aren't going to to raise taxes on the middle class."

Politifact then went one step further and asked linguistics professors at the University of Chicago and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to analyze Clinton's speech with a computer program.

Their findings: Clinton definitely said, "We aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class.""

Since when has honesty in campaigning become an issue?  Especially with the Crintons?

She needs to speak clearer if that's the case. Trump didn't falsify anything, that vid went viral 2 seconds after she made the speech.

That may make you feel vilified, but consider this:

Not to worry, the narrative that will stick in the minds of the low info voter is Hillary will raise taxes on the middle class.

Take it to the bank.

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:

BS...they said nothing of the sort.
They gave it a swag.

I liked the screenshot, easy for anyone on the planet to interpret.

Here's their findings:

As you can see, the phoneme (unit of sound) highlighted in pink is an "n," though there’s not a "t." That still suggests she was trying for the word "aren’t."

Trying?

"It is pretty common for people to not release the final ‘t in word-final -nt clusters and is definitely not likely for someone to release the ‘t’in a three-consonant sequence like ‘ntg’ in ‘aren't going,’" Yu told us.

"In any case, since she did pronounce the ‘n’ in ‘aren't’, it is clear that she produced the negated form of the copula ‘are.’"

But left out the T which is the game changer

Edward Flemming, a linguistics professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, also ran the audio through Praat and came up with the same results.

But even if we didn’t have Praat, he said, context alone sways the argument in the Clinton camp’s favor.

Sways is not a definitive scientific analysis

"Also if she was going to say ‘we are going to’, wouldn’t she contract it to ‘we’re’, as she does a few words earlier?" Flemming pointed out. "To my ears, it is clear that she is saying ‘aren’t’."

To me, she needs linguistic lessons, not some smack apologists.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/05/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrongly-says-hillary-clinton-wants-ra/

So due to Clinton's poor speech characteristics, every media group under the sun and anyone on the internet had a recording of it or viewd it and ran with it, sure Trump picked up on it.

The dumacrats being the walking dead at its finest!  Dumacrats are just stupid people by nature, stupidity is all they know, understand, and will vote on a candidate they can relate to like that.

Reactions: 3 people