Crude Oil And Its Effect On Us Airways

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
In regard to my recent fundamental, technical, and sentiment analysis comments regarding crude oil prices, NYMEX futures for the April contract traded down today $1.12 closing at $54.26. This was 65 cents up from the low and 94 cents off of the high.

In after hour trading at 11:59 p.m. EST, the commodity is trading down 50 cents at $53.04 per barrel, which is $2.61 lower than yesterday’s high.

Lark, what does that “mysticalâ€￾ 25-year vet have to say about this? I would like to read his "so called" expert opinion.

In my opinion, in the short-term there will be some increases due to some short covering and bullish speculators, but the trend should continue down in anticipation of next week’s OPEC meeting in Iran. I’m hopeful crude oil prices will stabilize around $45 per barrel, which could be a good time to hedge. At this level, I believe US Airways can post a profit with the updated Transformation Plan.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Lark, I may be "funny", but at least I am truthful. You on the other hand...

In the past you have posted comments about this "mystical" financial type, but now you cannot after you criticize my comments. That's very interesting...and you suggest I am shameless.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

As if your opinion of me mattered. :lol: Give it up, 320, this is bordering on harrassment.

"Hope777, I do not normally read your posts, especially since you purposely violate USaviation.com rules, which is a lack of integrity."

Here

"Lark:It has nothing to do with being challenged, it has to do with trying to discredit the messenger because you do not like the message."Here

Which one of us constantly finds a way to weave the "mystical" creature into our posts, randomly and without purpose? (baiting?). Which one hasn't mentioned the "mystical" creature unless they've been asked? Which one of us appears to be more flabbergasted by a mere "mystical" creature, and why since they've deemed the creature to be purely "mystical"? I do believe that you'd mentioned something about truth......

Peace -
Lark

USA320 you sure seem concerned about what the 25 year vet thinks and Lark in general. Give it up already. The majority on this board do consider you funny or better yet, a joke.Savy :up:

According to Bloomberg, NYMEX & WTI up $0.89 to close at $54.43, Brent up $0.58 to close at $53.22.

Jim

If oil stabilizes at $45 why would it be a good idea to hege at that time? It'd be hard to get a good deal on hedges when prices stabilize. Better hedges would be available when the price is falling--especially quickly. Also, if oil is stable hedges are not as useful--especially if you can't make a profit at the stabilized price. I'd say airlines won't turn a profit until oil goes below $40. If it doesn't. . . .

Predicting what the price of oil will do is pure folly. Many experts agree that the oil market is not working on fundamentals right now.

Maybe the price of oil SHOULD be lower -- that is a debatable point, IMO -- but there's no news to suggest that the price of oil actually WILL go lower. There has been similar "bearish" news from OPEC for several months now, and U.S. supplies are ever-rising. But there is a clear disconnect between those factors and the price of oil.

Certainly if those trends continue, EVENTUALLY the markets will take notice. But putting a time on that is a sucker's bet.

TheLarkAscending said:
As if your opinion of me mattered. :lol: Give it up, 320, this is bordering on harrassment.

"Hope777, I do not normally read your posts, especially since you purposely violate USaviation.com rules, which is a lack of integrity."

Here

"Lark:It has nothing to do with being challenged, it has to do with trying to discredit the messenger because you do not like the message."Here

Which one of us constantly finds a way to weave the "mystical" creature into our posts, randomly and without purpose? (baiting?). Which one hasn't mentioned the "mystical" creature unless they've been asked? Which one of us appears to be more flabbergasted by a mere "mystical" creature, and why since they've deemed the creature to be purely "mystical"? I do believe that you'd mentioned something about truth......

Peace -
Lark
[post="254568"][/post]​

Peace she says-----

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

USA320Pilot said:
Lark:

I would not have known about the so called 25-year vet unless you brought it up. Keep trying...

Here we go: I'd mentioned my husband was in the profession when you claimed that the stock (yes, the now worthless stock*) was doing one thing when it was obvious to me, that it was doing another. I'd asked my husband to come and read what you'd said over my shoulder, and he laughed. I simply stated that I held a differing opinion. I explained that I would have more confidence in my husband's judgment since he's been in the business, as a professional, and has been for more than 25 years. You didn't like that, and you haven't let go of it since. I think you're funny because you can't let go of it. It obviously bothers you since you bring it up over and over and over and over again. My life isn't going to change because you're obsessing, but you're losing whatever credibility you may have left by endlessly obsessing over what you've now deemed to be my "mystical" creation. Surely you have got to have other things that are more pressing for which you can obsess?

And, it might be worth mentioning that what you'd said back then was wrong. Perhaps that is what is really bothering you?

Once again, I'd invite you to let this go, as I've written about and responded to your childishness over this beaten to death issue far more than I'd ever cared to. Have a good life, 320, I certainly will.

Peace

Lark

*Please note, this has to have been at least a year ago and here it is.

USA320Pilot said:
Lark:

Childish? Nah, instead me thinks you simply misrepresent and/or the "mystical" 25-year Vet is uninformed.
[post="255133"][/post]​

What is it with you and Lark are you just trying to bully a woman. Why do you continuity debate her on this forum about things not having anything to do with USAirways yet most of the time you won't debate your own USAirways mantra with others on this forum? It reminds me of a mechanics spouse in the past. Maybe what Lark said earlier has some credence after all.