Current NWA Ramp and Customer Service Stations

Airlinelifer

Senior
Jan 10, 2008
HUBS: MSP, DTW, MEM

SPOKE STATIONS: BNA, BOS, BWI, CMH, DCA, EWR, IAD, JFK, LGA, PHL, ATL, DFW, FLL, IAH, MCO, MSY, RSW, TPA, FNT, GRB, GRR, IND, MCI, MDW, MKE, MSN, ORD, STL, ANC, DEN, HNL, LAS, LAX, PDX, PHX, SEA, SFO

Above the wing is not contracted out. Everyone is Delta CSA.

And there it is in a nutshell, the seed of future divsion within the IAM.

Why would DL choose to employ above wing employees at all DL mainline cities, while employing fleet service at only 15, while NWA and the IAM chose to employ at 40 cities for both? Very interesting dynamic playing out to say the least.

Anyone correct me plz. if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere, that there is written language specifying that DL categorizes their "above wing" employees DIFFERENT(by DEPT number perhaps) than the BELOW wing employees.

If true,...THIS will be a MAJOR piece of "info", to use AGAINST DL, when they(AS THEY MOST DEFINITELY WILL).. TRY to "lump in" both groups to DEFEAT a UNION ramp drive, once both carriers are combined.

But the REVERSE will be, MORE below wing employees from NW,............TRUMPING the smaller number of below wing employees currently at DL.

Anyone correct me plz. if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere, that there is written language specifying that DL categorizes their "above wing" employees DIFFERENT(by DEPT number perhaps) than the BELOW wing employees.

If true,...THIS will be a MAJOR piece of "info", to use AGAINST DL, when they(AS THEY MOST DEFINITELY WILL).. TRY to "lump in" both groups to DEFEAT a UNION ramp drive, once both carriers are combined.

But the REVERSE will be, MORE below wing employees from NW,............TRUMPING the smaller number of below wing employees currently at DL.
You don't have to worry about that b/c in the TWU campaign of 1999 Delta tried doing just that. NMB ruled against Delta mixing both passenger service and ramp in on senority list. I don't think they will do it twice.

Ramp and Gate CSA'S are on the same pay scale and from what I understand can transfer in between departments.
Many Ramp agents went to the gate at stations were the ramp was contracted out in BK.

Edward--

Thanks!

To everyone else from DL, can anyone list where CSA's (above wing) are? How about AMT's?
The AMT locations are ATL, CVG, BOS, BDL, JFK, LGA, BWI(small), DCA, CHS(s),SAV(s), MCO, TPA, FLL, SLC, DEN, LAS, SEA, SFO, LAX, HNL. Some of our closed stations include; DFW, ORD, MKE, ANC, MIA, SAN, MCI, JAX, IAH and PDX.