Customer Service Replacements

In the Charlotte Training Center this week, approximately forty new hires are being trained to be Customer Service Agents. When questioned, they say that they were told that; "with so many Customer Service Agents leaving the company, you're here to fill the vacancies."

When asked about union membership, their reply is: "What?"

Has the ATO environment changed so drastically to the point that all potential furloughees were contacted and none wished to return..thus resulting in off the street hiring..or were the furloughees overlooked for some non-judicous reason?

Or....could these folks that are in training be Contract Employees from the Caribbean stations. Jumping to conclusions to stir the pot of emotions here does no one any good. Get your facts straight Repeet and stop trying to cause more anxiety.

Do you honestly believe that if the company was hiring and training "replacement" workers, that they would do so in a company facility right under the noses of those that they would be replacing? No way. They would be doing it in an off property facility on the QT.

MarkMyWords said:
Do you honestly believe that if the company was hiring and training "replacement" workers, that they would do so in a company facility right under the noses of those that they would be replacing? No way. They would be doing it in an off property facility on the QT.
[post="199819"][/post]​

Yes! Why not? what are the unions going to do strike? and if so and they bring down the almighty USAirways, then what?

Use whom you are already training, and just bring them along to the new airline that you have planned.

The best way to continue to confuse your "enemy" is to continue to "operate" right underneath their noses.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Severed-N-Happy said:
Has the ATO environment changed so drastically to the point that all potential furloughees were contacted and none wished to return..thus resulting in off the street hiring..or were the furloughees overlooked for some non-judicous reason?
[post="199811"][/post]​

I keep in touch with alot of furloughees. Alot of my co-horts will not return for the aches and pains for a drastically lowered salary.

None of them, however, told me if they were able to get voluntary furlough. Anyone out there know if that is being offered to recalls?

MarkMyWords
Posted Today, 02:24 PM

One would think. Hence my post.

Would somebody in the know please explain who these students with visitors tags for I.D.s are. Because if they are, what they say they are, somebody's got alot of gall.

Trin03 said:
None of them, however, told me if they were able to get voluntary furlough. Anyone out there know if that is being offered to recalls?
[post="199823"][/post]​

TPA is currently recalling involed part timers. They were not able to advise one of them if voluntary was being offered. We had 4 openings on the current bid, but the manager still wasnt sure if they were going to be able to be filled (nevermind that the skd started last Monday and all 4 vacant lines are night shift on the counter :rolleyes: ). Anyway we only had 3 invols left on the list so IF they were recalling 4 people invols would not have been offered voluntary. I have not heard from any of the voluntary furloughed that they have been called yet.

:cop: :cop: :cop:
Someone needs to notify union management ASAP on this issue or there'll be another 40 next week.

jm

MarkMyWords said:
[post="199819"][/post]​

YES!
That would be typical response by Glass and friends.
But not to worry the better be training allot of F/A’s and Mechanic’s.
While they’re at it!

Hate to break to all that think CS agents cant find other employment, BUT I work in clt and know that there are dozens of agents retireing in the new year and as of last week there were many openings for PT CS agents that they are trying to fill. PT recall list is exhausted, they are in the process of calling voluntary furlough back first and then are hiring off the street. 50% can't pass the drug test, and I bet the ones that do won't last through more than a couple snowstorms and they will be gone also. Seems once the good agents are furloughed, they dont come back, must be life after USAirways after all. :up:

Latest posts