Customer Svc Agt Vs. Customer Assist Rep..

Should customer assist reps be deployed to baggage claim to help sort baggage,tag baggage, and gener

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Don't know.

• Only if volunteering and/or working for free.

• Total voters
Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Reason I am curious is because there has been some discussion that employees on both sides may soon grieve or challenge the issue..Even though both groups are covered by CWA, some feel that it is not in their job description(vastly different payscales as well), and that if baggage is short, the company needs to recall full svc cust agents. to handle such dilemnas and other short staffing issues.
Opinions and facts welcome.

This is the whole damn problem with the employee groups at this airline!!!!
Why dont we work together to run a smooth operation instead of threatening to grieve each other all of the time........CRAZY!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Unfortunately the company and CWA? wanted the group split and approved that with the contract. The CAR reps are only allowed to do certain things which are spelled out in their contract. If the company wanted them to do the same things the agents do then they should have included it in the contract along with the increase in pay. Once again, it comes down to $. They didnt want the CARS making the same as an agent (and also to have someone else to cross utilize at ALL TIMES) so they split the group with differences in duties AND pay.
Personally I think Customer Service should be able to do anything, but I think they should also be in the same pay scale and bid group and not split as they are in the contract.
Just another way to keep the group divided.

totobird said:
I know what you mean about working together. Sometimes I get tired of loading planes. Why can't I fly the plane ? :lol:
[post="235779"][/post]​

LMAO!!

I maybe shd have clarified the poll a bit better. The question should be: "SHOULD CUSTOMER ASSIST REPS be contractually obligated to..."??? I.E. Is it part of their job description??

The possible impression that I meant 'voluntary or good will' for performing such duties was NOT intended.

WHO CARES?????????? Just do your job!!!!!!! This crap of dont do this because my union says you cant, and i cant do that because its not in my description, IS WHAT HAS ALMOST DESTrOYED THIS AIRLINE!

Years of bad management and no business plan has destroyed this airline.

Your wrong as usual usfliboi......This is about job classification.

Do the work specified in your contract, and don't do others work.

Oh well....this will all be over soon, sooner than anyone knows.

700UW said:
Years of bad management and no business plan has destroyed this airline.
[post="235834"][/post]​

The Unions have compounded this problem.

Yes, the managers [I use that term lightly] haven't been effective.

There has been very little leadership in goal setting and direction, but there is no doubt that our Unions have very much to do with the destruction of a productive workforce.

When I watch ground crews staring at my airplane when I'm sitting there for 10 minutes because "it's not my zone," is what unions cause.

We're trying to achive the same goal, whether it's managment or the work force. To provide the best service, which in turn makes money.

This has been a group effort in destroying this airline.

700UW said:
The unions at US Airways have been giving back since 1992.
[post="235845"][/post]​
We understand that and it SUCKS bigtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile Southwest is talking about service to Hawaii and our airline cant even fly in and out of PHL without a big fat CF ensuing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just want a worthwhile mgmt team and some profit!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

CWA girls union ,how can anyone vote for no penison,no health care
at retirement and 3% of there gross to there 401k.
lets see 27000.00 a year mainline express x 3% = 810.00 a yr.
you will have to work about 500 yrs to retire.
plus give up shift difference,vacation,1/2 pay when you sick.
all this for a lousy 15000.00 buy out thta you will probably never see.

usfliboi said:
WHO CARES?????????? Just do your job!!!!!!! This crap of dont do this because my union says you cant, and i cant do that because its not in my description, IS WHAT HAS ALMOST DESTrOYED THIS AIRLINE!
[post="235831"][/post]​

If you really believe that, go down on the ramp (and not just in good weather) and load bags.

They're short-handed, I've heard.

As it turned out, per local union leaders who contacted LABOR RELATIONS, mgmt was/is not supposed to deploy these individuals for work that cust svc agts would typically perform under their umbrella of responsibility. The CAR responsibilities are limited by contract and reduced pay parameters, and thus the practice will supposedly be ceasing immediately.

usfliboi said:
[

I agree with you 100%, at southwest they all work together to get the job done. This place needs alot more of that bigtime!!!!