Cwa And Mda Agreements

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
cwa.net CWA Update 1/15/04: MidAtlantic Discussions

Management is backing away from their "Jets for Jobs" commitments...

On 1/14/2004 CWA'ers met with management for our third unproductive meeting on implementation of the MidAtlantic Jets for Jobs/Soft Landing agreement which was part of our January 2003 Concession Agreement (the one that passed by only five votes). This short meeting produced very little agreement or information aside from the fact that the MidAtlantic start-up will be in April and, at first, the MDA flights will be staffed by Mainline agents.

The Disagreement: Our MidAtlantic Agreement says that MDA agents are a classification within our mainline contract and are covered by the terms of that contract with only certain, agreed-upon exceptions for salary, benefits and station coverage for that classification. Management now wants to stretch that out to make many more exceptions to the contract:

* They want the right to have employees of another airline perform the MidAtlantic agent work at a covered station, instead of reserving the jobs for active and furloughed US Airways employees (so much for "Soft Landing");
* Management has made it very clear - they want to fill the jobs with new hires everywhere possible. They consider service with US Airways to be a liability, not an asset;
* They want to deny furloughed or active Res Agents, CTO agents, Club Reps, SAR's, BCC Reps, DMSC Reps, and Mainline Express Agents the right to bid on MDA openings except as new hires;
* They want to deny active Agents and Supervisors at other locations the right to bid on MDA openings except as new hires;
* They want to require a furloughed Mainline agent who takes an MDA position to stay there for one year, even if recalled to his/her Mainline position;
* They want MDA Passenger Service employees to lose accrued seniority when transferring between MDA and other Passenger Service classifications, treating them like new hires;
* They want Passenger Service employees who transfer to MDA classifications to lose their accumulated hire-date seniority and begin to accrue vacation seniority and longevity starting over again from the first day at MDA.

CWA'ers disagreed with each of these attempts to re-bargain the contract and pressed management to honor the commitments they made during the Restructuring Agreement negotiations. CWA'ers stated further that employees voted for a complete MDA Agreement and it would be wrong for management to take the concessions but not live up to the MDA Agreement commitments.
Bottom Line: Some of these issues will not come to a head right away because the initial MDA flights will be staffed by Mainline agents at Mainline stations. But it undermines employee relations when management acts as if life is a permanent bankruptcy court where they can abandon their commitments whenever they feel like it.
[Present at the meeting for management were Labor Relations Director Al Hemenway, Labor Relations Manager Beth Holdren, Operations Manager Marsha Rice and MidAtlantic Maintenance VP John Morales.]
[Present for CWA were Local 13301 President Tina Perry, 13302 President Chris Fox, 2000 President Pam Terry, CWA attorney Nick Manicone, and CWA staff Tim Yost and Rick Braswell.]

Well it seems since they have lost to the IAM and AFA, the CWA is next in the Company's sights.

Just remember your other union's Brothers and Sisters stand with you!

An injury to one is an injury to all!

Mike W said:
Why would this surprise you.
Doesnt surprise me at all. I was just wondering the other day what else they could come back for that a great many of us havent given up already. Now I guess I know. :down: I wonder if there are at least 6 agents out there kicking themselves now for the way they voted before?

since this incompetent mgmt of thieves have ripped all of the us employees apart, what are the chances that they would give up their freebies of riding first class while the rest of us suffer and if we're even lucky to get on the dartn plane? it is no wonder i enjoy flying for co but yet i am not one of their employee

700UW said:
Well it seems since they have lost to the IAM and AFA, the CWA is next in the Company's sights.

Just remember your other union's Brothers and Sisters stand with you!

An injury to one is an injury to all!
All the way! We are with you CWA.

:down: these theives need a wildcat this way they wont steal any more
from labor or there own stock holders because there wont be any thing left.

Sounds like CWA will have to fight with them to abide by their agreements, just like the Flight Attendants did...The AFA didn't cave in...Time for the CWA to get some rocks...

If this has been proposed to CWA agents, you can rest assured this will be the proffer to IAM-fleet.

Since IAM-mech has coined 'the concession stand is closed', let me propose for this offer from the company.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

And if that isn't clear enough,

I'D RATHER SEE THE COMPANY GO CHAPT 7 THAN ACCEPT.

diogenes said:
And if that isn't clear enough,

I'D RATHER SEE THE COMPANY GO CHAPT 7 THAN ACCEPT.
Thats fine.

Now for my next question, can you change the oil in my '01 Passat in less than 10 minutes? Maybe you could get some of the bugs off the headlights as well...

See now Dingo you attempt at insulting Dio is a failure, if you knew this person you would know he or she is not in the maintenance department.