CWA- another arbitration loss. Way to go Velvet

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaun

Senior
Aug 28, 2007
End of the rainbow
Another arbitration, another loss. Velvet is keeping her perfect record intact, I heard the buffet was good though.

Seems the POC on the west will continue to make more than the POC on the east. I thought we merged. Just like the pay arbitration, what seemed like a no-brainer, Velvet has turned into another demoralizing defeat.

Good thing sugar daddy CWA Prez Larry Cohen is fond of his girl, cause her job performance stinks.

CWA brothers and sisters, Velvet must go!

MODERATOR NOTE: PLEASE remember that labor threads regarding US Airways unions may only be started by moderators. Please check that your topic is not already being discussed elsewhere, and if not, PM a mod to start a thread.

Thank you.

WOW!!!!!!! What does it take....

I have a few questions.

Can you request a different arbitrator?

Did she bring any witness?

Does she have any qualifications to hold this position?

If the top of the food chain at CWA is allowing someone with very low performance to hold this position then maybe it's time to rethink our relationship with the CWA.

WOW!!!!!!! What does it take....

I have a few questions.

Can you request a different arbitrator?

Did she bring any witness?

Does she have any qualifications to hold this position?

If the top of the food chain at CWA is allowing someone with very low performance to hold this position then maybe it's time to rethink our relationship with the CWA.
I have heard that even though we had witnesses they were never asked to go or they were asked way to late....this is ridiculous. I am starting a petition to get rid of Velveteen in my station. She has to go. I wonder what the PHX chief steward has to say about this? Anyone know her? Maybe someone can find out her response to the ruling...?
We do need to rethink our CWA relationship. At this point in time, the wheels are in motion.
Regards

The company can get way with paying east cost POC agents less pay because the job requires experience seasons agents. The talent pool is larger in the east

Curious what the grievance was. The only thing I can find quickly scanning the contract was West POC went into the CSS function at date of merger. Are the East POC people considered agents and not CSS? If so, and we are supposedly under one contract, how could this have happened?

You are correct, west POC agents are at a supervisor level, east at agent level. East agents have different responsibilities versus West. East agents are pulled to cover Special Services and the Ticket Counter. POC in the east (CLT) is sometimes closed and the agents sent to the ticket counter to cover shortages and vacations. This doesn't happen in the West. When you bid POC in the east it is on the ticket counter bid, it's not seperate.

One company my a$$.

I have heard that even though we had witnesses they were never asked to go or they were asked way to late....this is ridiculous. I am starting a petition to get rid of Velveteen in my station. She has to go. I wonder what the PHX chief steward has to say about this? Anyone know her? Maybe someone can find out her response to the ruling...?
We do need to rethink our CWA relationship. At this point in time, the wheels are in motion.
Regards

Tea42- you said in a previous post that you are a member of 1171, which I am. Did our local Pres send out that info to the airports about the POC and Pay arbitrations or did you talk to him? I was wondering, since we did not hear anything in our station, why this info is not being sent out to all of us from our local in Boston? If he has a copy of the decision, why not send a copy out to the stewards to distribute in each Airport or a newsletter? If you are reading this Mr. Hanson, can you send a copy of the decision out to each airport rep to post in the workplace on our union bulletin board? I would appreciate it, as would the other members of local 1171. Maybe you can post it on 1171's web site? Thanks!

I have a question. Are the East and West res agents making the same money for the same years of service??

We definetly need to rethink the CWA.....since the 1st bankruptsy they have done nothing but throw us under the bus!!!!
e
I cant even think about the pay arbitration loss because it makes me nauseous to think I am 2 years behind in pay than my counterpart on the west.

First of all I am crushed that my company even fought this in an arbitration....how do you look your employees on the east coast and say "yea I think your worth less than my america west oops I mean my US agents on the west" because that is what its all about....Doug is taking care of his own

We need to go all the way to the top of CWA and say look either you start representing better or we are walking..the west already has teamsters so thats half the vote right there

We dont even have a president of our local here in Philly its in limbo because of suspicious voting...so are not getting any info....we still never got an official memo about the pay arbitration...it was all just word of mouth

Heres'an idea, get rid of them in favor of the IAM. We would have the same union inside and out just as UA and NW do. No more pitting one group against another, no more giving or taking more from one group either. More bargaining power, less division between the rank and file. Ramp people who lost their jobs due to outsourcing may have a chance to return to their former stations someday. How the company got away with outsourcing half the station is veyone me to begin with. As we all know, more of the same crap is coming again as soon as they can outsource the West stations. :eek:

Heres'an idea, get rid of them in favor of the IAM. We would have the same union inside and out just as UA and NW do. No more pitting one group against another, no more giving or taking more from one group either. More bargaining power, less division between the rank and file. Ramp people who lost their jobs due to outsourcing may have a chance to return to their former stations someday. How the company got away with outsourcing half the station is veyone me to begin with. As we all know, more of the same crap is coming again as soon as they can outsource the West stations. :eek:

Your speak is the very reason why not too get the IAM
The disparity between the ramp and mechanics and passenger service agents is all the reason why not .Your group has major DOH/classification issue

VH ain't going anywhere. National Union backs her all the way. DFR may be the avenue if anyone has the time to apply.

We have tried for years for someone to listen. Do you really think they have (National CWA) NOT!

IAM? The one that out sourced the NWA IAM union for a lesser paid IAM union such as Air Wisconsin?

Yeah that's what you really want...a union that will sell-out its members for lesser paid members! Go IAM!!!

IAM? The one that out sourced the NWA IAM union for a lesser paid IAM union such as Air Wisconsin?

Yeah that's what you really want...a union that will sell-out its members for lesser paid members! Go IAM!!!
Sadly, Outsourcing has hit everyone is some way, shape, or form at all Airlines. The CWA may have had the furniture arranged a different way, but jobs were lost either way. You now have a "mish-mosh" of 2 different unions on opposite coasts, which was nothing more than a quick fix. The IAM FINALLY has some new blood at the top, and that can only improve things. You can say what you want about the IAM, but it is obvious that you and many of your fellow CWA members aren't that thrilled with them either. :shock:

I heard the same story. Velvet was not prepared, didn't give witnesses enough notice. Supposedly the Arbitor even commented on lack of witnesses. It's criminal that this is what our dues are being wasted on. Absolutely no effort on Velvets part to win this very winable grievance.

To answer Doc's question, Velvet has approval on the arbitor. Why she agrees to this one that she keeps losing with, who can say. Maybe it's the jellybeans in the lobby.

The fact is, she's a sorry excuse as a union officer. What's even worse is the absolute silence we get from the CWA.

Time for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts