CWA Elections. Did you know?

Tom Bombadil

Aug 16, 2011
Hey ALB, BDL, BOS, BTV, BUF, CLE, CMH, DAY, DTW, EWR, JFK, IND, MCI, MHT, ORD, MCI, MHT, PVD, PWM, ROC, STL,

Did you know you were having elections....probably not. Another phantom election.

After our friends in LGA raised enough hell about these mystery elections, the local was forced to send out nomination cards. Problem is, most members didn't get them.

So how many will even get ballots I wonder.

What a farce.

Stop the whining! They go out to address on file. If you move its YOUR responsibility to change with your local.

Ya know one or two mabye, but three quarters, I don't think so. Whining? or pointing out the truth. You must be one of Hanson's lackeys. Nothing but the good old boys club. We pay dues and get nothing in return.

Reactions: 3 people
What ballot, What vote? I did not hear a thing. I will have to check to sse if my address change went in 9 years ago........
unless you mean the tid bits of information I get about verizon CWA

Hey, dont feel bad. Local 3140 PNS/JAX/MCO/TPA/SRQ/RSW/PBI/FLL/MIA/SJU just had one too and since not many people knew about the election or nominations, ta da, they stay in power (according to them.) Not gonna happen this way though. No nomination forms mailed out (as required per Bylaws). It was posted on the website (that very few people actually knew we even had since it was only started back in Sept) and the nomination forms were posted there and a couple stuck on the bulletin board at work along with all the other memos. This is NOT how the Bylaws state an election will be run! Until the Bylaws are changed, you need to follow them to run your election. We did address this at a recent meeting (thats ANOTHER story), where a CWA Organizer was present and the Eboard said they'd see if they have to do it again. When you dont tell your members (or even your stewards) about the website, election, etc, it makes you wonder what else isnt being done right (and again, thats ANOTHER story!)

Reactions: 5 people
Local 3641, CLT and our 12 stations got our ballots about a month ago but there was a mistake on them. New ones are being sent out tomorrow. At least we were informed.

Ahhh got my ballot ....but wait return address is a P.O. Box in Ipswitch

And being sent to P.O. Box in East Boston....Who sends these out who counts them ...is there an independent committee. I would like to know why this union runs the way it runs.

Reactions: 1 person
Local 3641, CLT and our 12 stations got our ballots about a month ago but there was a mistake on them. New ones are being sent out tomorrow. At least we were informed.
Yes, they will be mailed out on the 20th of October. I'm am the Chair and I took responsibility of the error that was made. I'm not sure what is going on at other Locals, but I can assure you that Local 3641 is above board! I did get a call from the Secretary from the local in MIA/SJU and wanted to know what was involved in doing the election since no one had ever done one. I told her that I would have to talk to the employee that is in charge of the election committee and I would explain everything to him/her. I gave her my phone number and my email address and never heard from anyone. I'm not sure what the bylaws are in thier local, but I think someone should be asking some questions!

I did get a call from the Secretary from the local in MIA/SJU and wanted to know what was involved in doing the election since no one had ever done one. I told her that I would have to talk to the employee that is in charge of the election committee and I would explain everything to him/her. I gave her my phone number and my email address and never heard from anyone. I'm not sure what the bylaws are in thier local, but I think someone should be asking some questions!

Believe me they are asking questions. And there are people here who have done the election before (myself included), they just dont want our help. It's been offered, but they like to ignore certain people that know things because they know things and know things aren't being done like they should be and they dont want to be held accountable.
Just like not having an audit of the Local for the past 6 years. Just like not providing financial information to the membership when required or asked for or minutes of any meetings (or holding meetings for that matter). Then calling the membership "retarded" in a station meeting because we wont just sit by quietly when we ask for answers and get "we dont have the information" as their reply when they knew what the meeting was going to be about.
Hopefully the membership of this Local will start to wake up and see that things need to change.
Oh, we're finally getting our audits too thanks to the Dept of Labor. The Eboard announced that the DOL is investigating the Local so maybe now the membership will get some answers that the Eboard doesnt want to share. That combined with the charges against the Eboard and President and maybe now this Local will serve the members like its supposed to.
I just cant believe that a requirement of the CWA is that this information is to be presented to them every year, its been 6 years with no audit, and no one at CWA seems concerned about it?

Yes, they will be mailed out on the 20th of October. I'm am the Chair and I took responsibility of the error that was made. I'm not sure what is going on at other Locals, but I can assure you that Local 3641 is above board! I did get a call from the Secretary from the local in MIA/SJU and wanted to know what was involved in doing the election since no one had ever done one. I told her that I would have to talk to the employee that is in charge of the election committee and I would explain everything to him/her. I gave her my phone number and my email address and never heard from anyone. I'm not sure what the bylaws are in thier local, but I think someone should be asking some questions!

I think someone should be asking the CWA a lot of questions. Honestly it seems unless you work for AT&T or Verizon, the CWA could careless.

Reactions: 4 people
Seems awful convenient when you're running for office, that you get to send out and collect the ballots :blink:

Reactions: 1 person
Ahhh got my ballot ....but wait return address is a P.O. Box in Ipswitch

And being sent to P.O. Box in East Boston....Who sends these out who counts them ...is there an independent committee. I would like to know why this union runs the way it runs.

Latest posts