Cwa Members Only .... Plz

What do you think our CWA leadership should do?

• Take whats on the table now?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let the court decide?

• Start self-help actions (rolling disruptions and picketing)?

• Strike ... even if it leads to chapter 7?

• Total voters

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Be honest.... let’s get an idea were our membership stands. :unsure:

Theres no way to know if all voters are CWA members. You can bet 320 will vote and he will select "take whats on the table". :D

deltawatch said:
Be honest.... let’s get an idea were our membership stands. :unsure:

Theres no way to know if all voters are CWA members. You can bet 320 will vote and he will select "take whats on the table". :D
[post="195126"][/post]​

I will do you the courtesy of not voting since not CWA, but as former IAM-M I suggest self help. Give an inch they take a mile. Show some backbone and let the chips fall where they may - you deserve better.

Judging from the proposals to the rest of the work groups, I sometimes
wonder if perhaps Bronner wants to liquidate this airline.

If several groups go out on a strike and he is forced to liquidate, he
can say.."well I tried to offer them a job".

I think his threats to the press to liquidate show his true intention...
So much damage done to future business by those statements.

Just an opinion.

Instead of devaluing your employees and disrespecting them...there
is a way to negotiate in a fair and equitable manner.

From what I see here, they don't really want any type of agreement with the IAM or CWA. What the company has on the tabe is equivelent to the Unions asking for a 25% raise in one shot, along with more vacation if we were in good times making a profit. The Companies offers are extremely unrealistic to say the least.
Then to want the agreement to go into 2011, which is beyond belief. What if the company does turn around is is making huge profits by 2006 or 2007? Can the Unions go to the Company and ask them to open up the contracts early, so we can all get raises? We all know the answer to that one. We have opened up the Contracts twice already, and are being asked for a third time within 2 years.
Enough is enough already, they can go pound Salt this time. If liquidation is in the cards, so be it.

I'm no longer sure if the union has any real power with the BK filing, seems that everything is always in the judges hands in the end. Some of us would've taken the $16.89 an hour would not have been happy but would've adjusted...although in ref to the outsourcing...if the company wants it so badly why not give a little let them outsource...2% of the work staff or a number, that would not result in anymore furloughs. Most employees have lost all respect for the whole bargaining process, the company needs to realize if they want this thing to work the workers must be happy...or at least not as angry....although I tend to think the goal is to close the doors and then have someone else buy the pieces cheaply.

Instead of devaluing your employees and disrespecting them...there
is a way to negotiate in a fair and equitable manner.

Do you really think that management has the faintest clue in how to perform that task....

instead we get das boot in the a++ as much as we allow them to give us...

but you know life isn't fair either..... :down:

It looks like whats on the table now is $10.50 an hour for the 75% of us that fall under the new mainline/express class and $13.60 for those that work in hubs. Thats if you are already topped out.

If the company is gonna be ridiculas in their absurd proposal, I don't think the CWA should even take a proposal to the membership....

Stand with the previous proposals on early outs, work at home, etc and the other items submitted that the company scoffed at that would save the company $33 million dollars but give agents a livable wage....

Let the company decide to make the move to lockout, use Bombay villagers, etc....

There is no need to cut our own throats.... when the company is willing and able to do it for us....

The company has set a deadline for Nov 15th.......

I don't think with the company's strongarm moves in bankruptcy court that this is gonna be a very productive holiday season without some give by the company.....

If I am expected to refinance my life I think they should refinance theirs. This mess we are in is all mismanagement but they took no part in the cuts it is by far the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen and I have had enough ….

CHAP 7 PLEASE

Doesn't it seem like a lot of this labor mess could have been resolved faster if the company decided to work WITH us instead of the Jerry Glass school of Labor Relations...ie: AGAINST us? Most employees aren't as stupid as management believes. We have lots of ideas and proposals to save the company money, but they just dont want to hear it. So they put labor in the cross hairs and blame all the problems on our excessively high, unproductive, high seniority labor groups.

west coast guy.......you are absolutely correct!

Jerry Glass tactics didn't win any people over during the first two give backs,
and the fact that he remains today....makes me lose faith in the Bronner Lakefield team.

I agree with the other poster as well....if we wanted to open a contract
..it would NEVER EVER happen.

Also the management paycuts are not equitable ....all cwa very outraged over this.
Hard to stomach.

good luck to all.

Latest posts