Cwa Presents Another Proposal To Management

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
CWA presents additional proposals to US Airways management…
9-10-04
CWA today sent its fourth written cost-reduction offer (6/22, 7/13, 8/11, 9/10) to management. (Yesterday's scheduled meeting with US Airways management was cancelled due to weather related travel problems.)
Today's offer continues our effort to respond to management's stated need to reduce costs to avoid bankruptcy, become more competitive, and put the business on a more sound footing. Today's proposals describe further, substantial, changes designed to save millions of dollars in annual costs.
Although we have not yet received a company response to our 8/11 offer, and the last company proposal we have received is their initial July 27 proposal, we made today's additional offers in an effort to motivate the bargaining process and also to respond to concerns we believe management has about aspects of our previous proposals.
We would have expected management's concerns to be put to us in the form of counter-proposals or offers, but they have not been, so we addressed them, as we understand them to be, in today's offer.

Guess there isnt a need to negotiate if the judge is going to decide. :down:

CWA LAST CONTRACT NO GOOD DONT EVEN TRY ,NO PENISON,
75% OF YOUR PAY ON VACATION,1% CO MATCH BIG DEAL
HEALTH INSURANCE STINKS UNLESS YOU HAVE A BANK BEHIND YOU,
13.01 A HR MAINLINE EXPRESS TOP OUT. GET READY FOR FOOD STAMPS.

I suspect even if we, the CWA, give them everything they demand, it will still get ripped again in BK. It's a useless waste of time to even try to reach an agreement with the nest of rats in CCY. They have no morals or concern for the employees at all. I say go ahead and file BK and let a disinterested party sort out all the lies and pocket stuffing Golden Parachutes.

Seems to me that the company hasn't been bargaining in good faith...just stalling..not commenting on proposals put in by CWA.. I believe CWA should demonstrate their attempts to help the company in previous concessions....plus giving up pensions before the last 2 concessions... and all the stalling by the company, the Co waiting to submit for BK protection...

A self fulfilling prophecy...plus diverting company assets in the form of golden parachutes to CEO's...and pay raises...and bonuses to management at the same time crying it had no money to honor the contracts it signed with employees....
Can it show how the management team saved any money on its own salarys, benefits and perks ????.....

I am not saying this is an Enron situation, but...

The management team at Enron used their authority and financial positions to take advantage of their situation of power.... and influence to manipulate the companys future.... to their benefit......

I'm sure there are lots of people making less that would jump on a 13.10/hr job. I can't blame them. Good for then. The point here is we are making well above 13.10/hr. When your standard of living is at your current wage then 13.10 doesn't sound so good.
And I wish everyone would quit forgetting that you don't walk in the door at 13.10. I forget the starting wage, but, trust me it is much less. We are talking 13.10 for agents that have been at the same job for many, many years. And under the new proposal, the potential of no raises for the next 8 years. So please don't tell me 13.10 is so great.

PineyBob said:
I know a heck of a lot of people who would quit their jobs in a heartbeat for $13.05/hr. I'll gently remind you that the average FAMILY income in this country is well UNDER $50,000 and if you multiply $13.05 x 2 wage earners you exceed 50K. Most families have 2 incomes these days, so quitcherbellyachin
[post="178092"][/post]​

Bob:
One question, can you make it on $13.05 per hour ?

PineyBob said:
I know a heck of a lot of people who would quit their jobs in a heartbeat for $13.05/hr. I'll gently remind you that the average FAMILY income in this country is well UNDER $50,000 and if you multiply $13.05 x 2 wage earners you exceed 50K. Most families have 2 incomes these days, so quitcherbellyachin
[post="178092"][/post]​
Piney,
YOU fail to address the many women who are single parents, that have struggled to support their family, with no other form of income. So your statement of "Most families have 2 incomes these days, so quitcherbellyachin" REALLY OFFENDS ME!!!
The single mothers have to juggle this job (which can be a bit**) and try to raise healthy, well-adjusted children that can become productive members of society. If I sound pi**ed, well I am. This company has allowed me to support my children, but now threatens to erode the minimum quality of their lives. At that point, this job becomes a liability and MY VOTE WILL BE NO. This is not full pay til the last day syndrome, but a reality.

First of all, Upon Bob's request to define poverty level wages, I sent him a PM on that subject. To this date he has not replied to me, so I assume that I gave him a satisfactory answer. No he couldn't live on $13 an hour, as most Families can't. Not every family is in the position for both to be breadwinners due to young children etc. Bob doesn't comprehend that most here lived on what it took them
20+ years to reach in wages. None if the CS or FSA group were living lavish lifestyles with their saleries as he thinks. Several of his comments the past few days have really ticked me off. In one of his posts he stated that "Maybe the Mainline Express employees are still being Overpaid". This was in the discussion about the out stations and PAWOBS. One must wonder what type of person spends so much time Lurking on a BB that has nothing to due with thier job???
I don't go to other industries BB and post my .02 about how much they make, or should make. Maybe Bob should keep his comments to himslef already. What do you do for a living there Bob??? Maybe you are Overpaid too!!! Maybe you have your own business and hate to share your profits with your Employees. There is nothing worse than a person who is not affected by this companies problems chiming in when it does not involve their paycheck.

know a heck of a lot of people who would quit their jobs in a heartbeat for $13.05/hr.

Suuuuuure.. thats just 40 cents less than 3x's minimum wage.. unless you live in a slum bob, you must be exagerating. I made more than that as bartender back in the early 1990's.

" At that point, this job becomes a liability and MY VOTE WILL BE NO. This is not full pay til the last day syndrome, but a reality."
[post="178104"][/post]​
[/quote]

Then get ready for reality to set in with the first paycheck of October .

Vote the concessions in and leave with a couple of dollars in your pocket,

a year of medical and life time travel privleges. Vote no and we get it

rammed down our throats with probally no chance of a buyout on the table.

[post="178124"][/post]​
[/quote]

I'll echo that !

Yeah sure, Vote for the Concessions and they will still file for BK. Once that is done they will take even more than you Voted for. This is the Exact type of thinking that makes the Employees such easy targets. We would have been better off letting the Judge decide the first time, then rounds 2 and 3 could have been avioded. This Company knows that everytime they mention the word BK, everyone has their wallets open for their taking. That Crap is OVER, They fooled everyone with their Holiday gift of Liquidation threats last time. They are like a bunch of bullys threatining to beat you up for your lunch money everyday. Guess what, We have no more lunch money for you thieves!!! :down:

uairhv said:
" At that point, this job becomes a liability and MY VOTE WILL BE NO. This is not full pay til the last day syndrome, but a reality."
[post="178104"][/post]​

[post="178124"][/post]​
[/quote]
uairhv,

The labor groups have not stopped the negotaitions process. There is no dead line. managment will file for BK to avoid pension payments. Period.

I don't know about your pay check, but mine will be the same on Oct. 15.

BEFORE the company can file a motion to abrogate, labor must negotiate with the company in "good faith" negotiations.

That will take time. I don't believe the judge will give us a drop dead date.

PineyBob said:
Just an idea or a good work from home plan
[post="178155"][/post]​

Thats a great idea! Too bad the company hasnt addressed it since the CWA proposed it MONTHS ago! :down:
I appreciate your support of US Bob, but don't get involved with telling us who have been here 18+ to 25+ years to be happy with 13.10/hr.
If the company wants to start a new scale for those coming off the street to top out at $13.10/hr after 11 years, then have at it, but for me the vote would be NO!
I know things need to change, but after 18 years here $13.10 isnt even in the realm of a YES vote, not even close.

And after dealing with lines Sat/Mon/Tues that stretched forever with hurricane reroutes/ 2 cruise ship reroutes that couldnt get in/ and mechanicals on top of everything, I think I'm worth every penny of what I'm getting!!! :up:

The labor groups have not stopped the negotaitions process. There is no dead line. managment will file for BK to avoid pension payments. Period.

I don't know about your pay check, but mine will be the same on Oct. 15.

BEFORE the company can file a motion to abrogate, labor must negotiate with the company in "good faith" negotiations.

That will take time. I don't believe the judge will give us a drop dead date.
[post="178160"][/post]​
[/quote]

PITBULL , If the unions do come to tentative agreements and then the company files, can the judge rule the tentative negotiated items into effect without the union members voting ?