CWA Tentative Agreement?

Kittyhawk

May 11, 2008
Strong rumor going around that the CWA has reached a tentative agreement with Tempe for customer service. However, I have seen nothing in writing. Does anyone have any info, or is it just a rumor?

Reactions: 1 person
Well , Well, Well CWA/CSA's at LCC gets a TA ? Could this be true ? Could this be divide and conquer by NO VALUE ?

In the meantime, the IAM FSA group will continue to be content sitting on their hands enjoying a BK contract and wages......Gotta love it.

Reactions: 2 people
In the meantime, the IAM FSA group will continue to be content sitting on their hands enjoying a BK contract and wages......Gotta love it.
Time to work safe, stop cutting corners, heard management is very upset with the ramp in CLT, they have been doing solidarity gatherings in between B and C Con.

Well as long as you dont follow the rules, and get the job done, the company wont give you a CBA.

Rumor has it that it is an 18 month CBA with only a 3.9% wage increase and everything else stays the same.

Here is what I have seen about this TA....

2% increase in first new pay period following ratification.
$500 signing bonus no later than 30 days after radification in a seperate check
No furlough. If your currently on the seniority roster.
3.49% increase following close of merger

Everything else from current CBA stays as is

Wow, just heard this from the CWA, they just gave up scope language.

Non-Union vendors or AA non-union CSA and res can do US Airways CSA and RES covered work, and the CWA and IBT are saying to vote yes!

That is what the IAM has been told by a CWA source.

Its called a reciprocal work agreement.

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

The Communications Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters reached a tentative agreement covering 6,500 passenger service employees at US Airways. The IBT and CWA together represent the reservations and airport agents.

The tentative agreement provides for wage increases at every step for all passenger service employees and includes a ratification bonus. It also provides critical job security protections, an important issue for workers as the US Airways-American Airlines merger goes forward.

Agents from US Airways and American Airlines have launched a joint campaign to make certain they have a strong union voice at the merged airline.

"Working together, passenger service employees at US Airways have built a strong, united group that will continue to make advances for all agents as the US Airways-American Airlines merger proceeds," said CWA Chief of Staff Ron Collins.
A ratification vote is being scheduled.

Wow, just heard this from the CWA, they just gave up scope language.

Non-Union vendors or AA non-union CSA and res can do US Airways CSA and RES covered work, and the CWA and IBT are saying to vote yes!

From what I was told from the local president about the above.....

In places where AA and US ticket counters or gate are located next to each other, AA agents would assist US passengers and visa versa. Example being, a passenger goea to the AA ticket counter to check in but the flight is actually operated by US, the AA agent is to assist the passenger there. Not send them to a US agent. If that means taking the passengers info to the US Agent, so be it. They want to give the impression of one airline even though we are still operating separately at the moment.

That's how I understand that part. I was also told that if we saw any AA agent or vendor doing our work, ie checkin, baggage tagg ing etc, we are to file a grievance.

As far as scope, I also understand that everything in our current CBA remains the same, even Scope.

If the ibt gave the company a ta that included a fencing in, and only got a 3.9% increase for the merger then that is truly pathetic. A $500 bonus is another joke. But if they got scope , scope is golden.