CWA- Tue 9-3-02 Update????

Oliver Twist

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Raleigh, NC
www.usaviation.com
I will welcome the chance to vote on anything they come up with.

That dosen't automatically mean a YES vote of course, BUT I feel certain that our pain will be close to what everyone elses's pain is now. So I will likley vote YES.

Mind you I have not forgotten PAST pain not felt by others at US, but that can not be changed--at least not now.

There is one thing I do want to see, whatever paybacks there are- No funny money for me-- cold hard cash in my pocket as a seperate check so the IRS dosen't hit me too badly either.

Still Bangin away...were close though...could be any time now we'll have something to vote on....not sure if you'll like it..but at least it will be an opportunity.....stay tuned...................

----------------
On 9/3/2002 2:10:43 PM

Still Bangin away...were close though...could be any time now we'll have something to vote on....not sure if you'll like it..but at least it will be an opportunity.....stay tuned...................
----------------
Pleeeeeeease get us something to vote on...Dont let the judge decide this for us[:knockout:]

From CWA Local 3641 website:

Monday, September 02, 2002

We met all day off and on with the Company. We feel they have done some backtracking but we are working through the details and have ended the day without an agreement. We will meet again in the morning and I will send out another update tomorrow night.......Hang in there and we appreciate the support.

--Hopefully as of today, Sep 3rd, something will be coming soon

Unfortunately their are a majority of voters in my union (IAM-M) that felt the bankruptcy judge would give them a better deal than are negotiating committee could negotiate. I believe they (no-voters)will all be proven wrong by the end of the month.
I just hope I have a job, I felt it was a poor contract but certainly the lessor of the portrayed evils.
I only hope I can stay working long enough to find another job.
Sad when a sixteen year employee is beat down to this level!

CWA Local 2000

COMMUNICATIONS WORKERS OF AMERICA

BWI CRW DCA IAD ORF RIC ROA

US Airways Chatroom CWA News Locals F/A's Corporate Plane Biz

US Airways Passenger Service Agents

JOB SEARCH "CLICK HERE"
WEATHER
FLIGHT TRACKER

******A Message from our President********

September 3, 2002

Dear Friends,

I have heard from many of you wanting to know the progress of the concessionary negotiations with the Company. Unfortunately, for the past 3 months, every time I attempted to write an explanation about the process and the lack of progress, words failed me. I often found myself just sitting and shaking my head. I do hope you have been reading the Union proposals to the Company on the cwa.net website.

The Bargaining Committee (the Local Presidents, CWA Staff, and outside bankruptcy consultants) worked late Monday and Tuesday and will be back at CWA Headquarters on Wednesday. Incremental progress is slowly being made. Our intention is to put a proposal out to you so that you can vote on major changes that will affect your life for the next 6 ½ years.

If we do agree to a proposal, Ted and I will visit each location so that we answer your questions.

While you have not been sitting at the bargaining table with us, you really have been there with us. Every discussion has revolved around what any contractual or monetary change would do to your life.

Thank you for your many emails of support. Thank you for your patience.

In Solidarity,

Pam Terry

Important Announcement: CWA Local 2000 V.P. Ted Lovett will visit Baltimore this Thursday Sept. 5th
to answer questions regarding packets and displacement procedures. Ted will visit
the ticket counter first and should be at BWI Airport by 11:00 am.

[:bigsmile:]