Cwa Website - Slow Updates

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Not to add the general negativity found on these pages of late, but I do wish to went a little about the lack of timely update of the CWA.net website. I know that their negotiatos and lawyers are hard at work, but please get more informartion about what is going on.

Here are the latest stories posted:

Management's
10-22-04

long-term
concessions
demand

Bankruptcy Judge Grants Management Petition for Wage Cuts at US Airways
10-18-04
21 percent wage cut imposed for union workforce for 4-month period
ontract, our careers and our standard of living.

CWA'ers present their case in bankruptcy court...
10/13/2004
On Thursday, October 7, and again yesterday, Tuesday, October 12, CWA'ers argue

Lotsa stuff going on now - or about to go on. Could we have an update/timeline on the company's pertition to the Court regarding voiding contract. (Hello $13.00/hr and unltd outsourcing)?

Well, it ain't much but here's what we know so far...

12/2/04 - hearing on the motion to abrogate contracts

If, like the interim pay cuts, this takes several days of hearings it could be mid-Dec or later before the hearings conclude.

Jim

As of 3pm 11/16/04..CWA was still meeting with management. That is all I have heard.

I am the Web Master for www.cwalocal3640.com. I post the updates as soon as I receive them. Please understand that I cannot post the information on the website until I get it officially from the CWA.

Please check the site frequently for updates and feel free to email me if you would like to be added to our e-mail tree.

Thanks,

ResCallGirl

[email protected]

RCG,
Your website is terrrific and always up to date, at least as much as possible. I think "Don't Call Me Shirley" may have been refering to http://www.cwa.net as the last posting there was Oct. 28th. Nice graphics on your site too.

:up: I want to wish you people well! There are people out there that would like to see all of us come through this! And I am refurring to the entire Industry! Signed: "Just another of a.a.'s red headed children!"

noname said:
As of 3pm 11/16/04..CWA was still meeting with management. That is all I have heard.
[post="201437"][/post]​

Here is the latest CWA email I recieved ! PRETTY SAD ! What about USAirways?

T-Mobile, wholly owned by Deutsche Telekom, is a labor-friendly enterprise at home but has been discriminating against CWA-represented workers as it begins to take over of some of the operations of Cingular Wireless in California.

More than 100 technicians currently working for Cingular Wireless have been told by T-Mobile that they must apply through an employment agency for the same jobs they are doing now and that they will be considered along with any one else who cares to apply. Even if hired, they would be employees of the agency and lose their contractual rights and benefits .

Union Network International, representing 15 million workers in 150 countries, is mounting a widespread protest. Leaders of the German union representing T-Mobile and Deutsche Telekom employees, Ver.di, also have expressed dismay at the transnational double standard.

Please click here to send a protest message to T-Mobile today.

Click here to read more about this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit the web address below to spread the word about T-Mobile's discrimination against CWA-represented workers at Cingular.
Tell-a-friend!

Dont call me Shirley said:
I was indeed talking about the cwa.net website!
[post="201849"][/post]​

You are so right! The www.cwa.net website is so outdated. It would be nice if they could at least list all of our local website links so we could at least get yesterday's news instead of last months news. Good Job, DCMS