Cwa'ers Feedback From The Us Airways

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
CWA'ers feedback from the US Airways Labor Advisory Council meeting...

On Wednesday, May 4, 2005, CWA'ers attended US Airways' Labor Advisory Council meeting. Executives and representatives of the company and other unions were also in attendance.

US Airways executives explained the first quarter financial results, which it amended Wednesday to indicate a $282 million after-tax loss. They attributed, much of this loss to unanticipated high fuel prices and the inability of US Airways to incorporate the higher costs of fuel in its pricing; labor costs, management noted, are now very competitive.

The second part of the executives' presentation focused on ongoing talks between America West and US Airways. Executives said very little about this potential transaction at this time, although they did explain the strategic reasoning that prompted it to engage in these discussions. They provided no information about when they would make further announcements about the outcome of these discussions.

The remainder of the meeting was devoted to Executive VP Al Crellin's discussion of the Company's plan to improve customer service. Most of the changes being contemplated under this plan focus on management communicating more effectively with each other and with TSA. US Airways plans to expand management so that managers are no longer required to cover more than one station - management plans for at least one manager per station. Additionally, each Station Manager will be required to provide a station-specific plan for improving performance and service at his or her stations. Two new slogans will be introduced: "All Together - On Time" and "Never underestimate the power of US."

VP Crellin also announced that the company plans to re-emphasize its "5 minute door close" policy. "Quality effectiveness teams" will be created in CLT, DCA, FLL and PHL, including managment and customer service agents, to review whether the 5 minute policy is being implemented effectively. Finally, on the Res side, VP Crellin announced that the company plans to improve its system for Customer Service Desk reps to be able to respond to customer feedback.

Slides from the executives' presentations are attached to this message and can be downloaded in either PowerPoint format or .pdf format.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:

The remainder of the meeting was devoted to Executive VP Al Crellin's discussion of the Company's plan to improve customer service.........

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="267242"][/post]​
Did he mention leaving the company?

Adding a bunch of yes men/women hacks ought to do the job. Good job Al. Put in for a raise and take a break. You must be exhausted.

Management will protect itself at all cost. Moral within the ranks is at an all time low, managers don't know the meaning of "Positive Reinforcement", only negative garbage thrown at the employees to get the planes out on time, "or else". Agents are being worked like mules, while being treated like dogs. Crellin and Paladini need to get out into the "real world", show some appreciation for our sacrafices and hard work, and bring real local level management to a higher level. But this will never happen, they are all too busy patting each other on the back and talking about how wonderful a world it is because our load factors are at record levels....more flights are leaving on time....and customer service has turned into a cattle call....... :down:

USA320Pilot said:

Slides from the executives' presentations are attached to this message and can be downloaded in either PowerPoint format or .pdf format.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="267242"][/post]​

Did I miss something? Where is the link to the slides??

I think the public can see thru all the slogan hype..."Carrier Of Choice"..."It Begins with U..."

Remember the hype about the "Customer Commitments" to improve service ? And with all the layoffs the "service" has deteroitated.... Why is there no talk about "Customer Commitments" anymore...

A slogan doesn't give customers any confidence in buying additional tickets, when their luggage is consistently lost, can't find an agent at the airport when their flight is cancelled, or have to wait 40 minutes on the telephone to buy a ticket.....

People have reported on this site that many customers are complaining about dirty planes cleaned by contracted cleaners, dirty ramshackle appearance at Philly airport gates....

And other problems include delayed flights especially in Phl, missing luggage, missing their connections, etc....

I didn't see any real resolve to "improve service" in the above meeting, other than a "slogan" and making sure their is 1 manager per station???? I didn't even think a major airline would even consider operating a station without one....

Seems to me a "new Slogan" is like a loose bandage ready to fall off after gettting out of the shower.....

USA320Pilot said:
The remainder of the meeting was devoted to Executive VP Al Crellin's discussion of the Company's plan to improve customer service.
Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="267242"][/post]​

Does any one know if he was packing his purple passion lipstick with him. Sounds like he was laying it on pretty thick.

Question for anyone in the know.....

Slide number 17 refers to the following:

RFP process unerway to assist in "partners for change" program.

Still awaiting response from labor groups on RBO

Two unions are prepared to engage in ADR program sponsored by the NMB

Can someone shed some light on what the RFP, RBO and ADR programs are?

Boeing Boy,
Do you think that PDF should be on a public website?
It does say confidential at the bottom?

Anyways, slide 19 says $700,000 cost savings for maintenace facility closure....does that mean the end for either PIT or CLT?

Jack:

I believe posting of the LAC presentation on this website could violate the corporate ethics policy, however, the CWA made them public at www.cwa.net. Those slides were placed on ALPA website on the "Pilots Only Section".

Regards,

USA320Pilot

From the May 5 ALPA code-a-phone:

Item 1. US Airways has provided ALPA with a public version of the slide show [emphasis mine] that they presented yesterday at the Labor Advisory Council meeting. The 25 slides include a review of the first quarter 2005 results, an overview of US Airways' strategic options and reasons to pursue strategic partnerships, how US Airways is addressing customer service, and station staffing and ground equipment issues. The slides also contain a detailed report on 2005 non-labor cost savings initiatives that show what initiatives US Airways has implemented so far and what savings they expect to achieve. These slides are now available on the pilots only web site under “Transformation Plan/Bankruptcy Information.â€￾

Jim

ps - I'm still waiting for the "Ethics Police" to knock on the door from the last time I was charged with that "violation".