Dallas Love Field's Traffic Greatly Increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is indeed great news, swamt, and affirms exactly what I have said that DAL would become a very strong alternative to DFW and it is certain that AA's share of the DFW domestic local market will fall. AA has not and cannot add enough capacity at DFW to offset the increased capacity at DAL.

it will take several more months for public data to become available which will show how much share WN is shifting but it is certain that it is happening.

It will be very interesting to see how WN navigates the political climate in terms of adding more gates at DAL and any attempts at removing the restrictions on int'l flying. I do believe it won't be long before WN starts working on both issues, though.

it is very likely that WN's growth at DAL as well as the new DCA and LGA flights were part of the reason that WN's yield performance was as good as it was for the last quarter. These are precisely the type of business markets that WN needs to be in as it transitions to a nationwide and western hemisphere airline whose network is much more competitive with the big 3.

The next big news from WN will likely be the list of new int'l markets from HOU as well as WN's expansion in Mexico which will be facilitated by the new treaty there.

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
Some great comparos between DAL Love Field and DFW and all the airlines serving both in the Dallas market;

Southwest Airlines continues to exploit new Love flying while upping competitive pressure in Dallas
Well, you better be quaking in your boots and praying for mercy.  You evidently didn't notice in that table that Delta increased their total number of seats out of Love Field by 117% yoy (3487 vs. 1600), and their share of the total at Love Field increased by 57% yoy (2.17% vs. 1.38%).  Delta is on the move to destroy you.  (Ain't statistics grand?  As Mark Twain once said, "There are lies.  There are damn lies.  And, then there are statistics.") :lol:

And then there is the fact that WN has 90% of the gates at DAL

And no WN won't respond to Virgin unless they want to hasten the antitrust case against themselves

Good news for DAL being up 12.8% in arrivals and 12.5% in departure passenger volumes

Compared to other airports (first number is arrival % and second is departure % increase)

ATL   2.72%/2.49%
DFW  5.61%/5.52%
DTW/LGA - basically flat
DCA 2.66%/2.69%

So for one persons theory that traffic would be a huge negative in DFW looks like DFW is holding it's own

no, I did NOT say the Wright Amendment would hurt DFW.

I said it would hurt AA's local DFW revenues.

and it absolutely has.

Really where are those facts - you won't be able to produce them

Amazing how you can hijack every thread to trash AA

hijack a thread?

what the hades does ATL, DTW, and LGA have to do with DAL traffic? 

you are the one that is pulling all kinds of stuff out of thin air in an attempt to hide the fact that AA execs are the ones themselves that have said they underestimated the effect of WN's growth on AA DFW revenues.

they specifically said they are increasing connecting passengers to offset the local market impact.

I didn't say that.  AA execs did.

and it absolutely explains why DFW traffic is not being impacted but AA's DFW local revenues are.

and ATL, DTW, and LGA traffic has nothing to do with this topic at all. 

Struggling tonight are you - you can't demonstrate the facts

Congrats to SWA - I wish them a huge success in DAL

I've said many times that WN would do well at DAL... I just also have noted that its success would come mostly at AA"s expense.

some people have fought tooth and nail to argue that AA would not be impacted by WN's growth but AA execs are saying that is exactly the case. 

More numbers post W/A.  Virgins numbers did increase pretty well after coming from DFW. 28K to 51K. Impressive numbers monthly (45.1%) and yearly (46.2%) so far.  Still haven't received March numbers yet, and in April we are adding 10 more flights out of DAL, so April will be a nice uptick in passengers as well.  Hope these numbers stay solid thru-out the rest of 15 and beyond...

Dallas Love Field traffic climbs 45 percent in February ...

Dallas Love Field sees January traffic increase by nearly 50 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.