Dan Cunnigham - Return To Work

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Remember the guy who was fired from AA over 18 months ago for wearing the TWU Concession t-shirt?

AMFA's Lee Seham represented him in Arbitration.

Ruling...

RETURN CUNNINGHAM TO WORK AND MAKE HIM WHOLE.

Congratulations to Lee Seham and Dan Cunningham.

FULL BACK PAY

That has to be over $100,000.00 by now

OUCH......

the_concession_shirt.jpg

TWU:THE UNION THAT INVENTED CONCESSIONS! Why RIDE the BUS? When you can FLY with AMFA!

local 12 proud said:
My congrats to Dan! :up: VICTORY............!
[post="297213"][/post]​

What is really amazing is that the Arbitrator attempted several times to notify AA to "settle the case". He flat out told them AA did not want him to write this opinion.

Greg Formella and the AA Legal Department would not hear of it.

They insisted on chasing this case through about 12 (twelve) hearing dates and all over the country.

The expense to AA is much more than just the back pay. Seems someone would be asking questions about frivilous expenditure of valued resources and money.

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES
Forrest Gump

Congrats to Dan!!!

And Lee Seham, the guy the TWU claims is a company lawyer.

Too bad he cant go for punative damages.

The sad fact is that the company and the TWU knew Dan would get his job back, they count on the 18 month delay to scare people into not taking a stand like Dan did.

Where can I get one of those shirts? The last discipline/vacation I got only last ten days, 18 months, now that would be nice!

Now that one has got to hurt! I wonder if AA will fire the management people that fired Dan now that a $100,000+ bill will be extracted from AA. Oh no! AA will probably say Dan's case will cause AA to declare bankruptcy. Congradulations Dan! :up: GO AMFA!

That's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

Now we wait to see what the anti-unionoids say about this one.

Perhaps we should try and file a lawsuit against both the union and the company since its clear that Dans termination was in fact an attempt by the company and the union to threaten all who were against the concessions or for AMFA.

Bob Owens said:
Perhaps we should try and file a lawsuit against both the union and the company since its clear that Dans termination was in fact an attempt by the company and the union to threaten all who were against the concessions or for AMFA.
[post="297254"][/post]​

Funny you should say that Bob.

Depending on the wording of the Arbitrator Ruling, there could be more to this story.

Best not discuss specifics on the internet bulletin board though.

I will let you know via PM or e-mail as I hear more details.

Like I said earlier, given the arguements that Mr. Seham was presenting and the deplorable handling of this discipline case, the Arbitrator pleaded with AA Legal Rep Greg Formella to settle the case and not be faced with a ruling on the issues presented. In typical AArrogant fashion the man just wouldn't listen and take the Arbitrators advice.

However, the Arbitrator has had the case and final briefs since March 31st of this year. I do not know if he figured a way out of a severe ruling against AA, or if he just the let feathers fly. I cannot wait to read the ruling.

Also a note of interest.

AA Legal was so desperate during the hearings that they actually resorted to pulling copies of grievances Cunningham had filed in the past and claimed he was using the grieveance procedure to "harass" the company.

The Arbitrator quickly asked how an employee could use an Article and Procedure agreed to in the Labor Contract to "harass" the company. Think about that will ya, how desperate one must be to throw an arguement such as that into the testimony.

Yet, without hesitation continue to ignore the Arbitrators plea to settle the case and prevent the written opinion.

I about choked laughing when I heard this the first time.

I think someone with pull in the company should investigate the Legal Department and Greg Formella and verify that this is the direction AA wants to spend resources and cash during times of difficulty.

Hmmmm,

Where are all of the TWU Cheerleaders?

Where are all of those that said Dan wasn't fired, that instead he quit?

Where are all of those that said AMFA wouldn't represent Dan?

Where are of those that think a hillbilly from toolbox is better representation than
a Lawyer?

:ph34r: :ph34r:

TWU informer said:
Hmmmm,

Where are all of the TWU Cheerleaders?

Where are all of those that said Dan wasn't fired, that instead he quit?

Where are all of those that said AMFA wouldn't represent Dan?

Where are of those that think a hillbilly from toolbox is better representation than
a Lawyer?

:ph34r: :ph34r:
[post="297278"][/post]​

I thinks thar awe gitten drunk an cryin at Kremlin on Pine St. I'm sure thar cryin wit AA managemint also. Boo Hoo Hoo,What will Kirky Wells do now?

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Congratulations Dan! Looks like the Pull Together : Win Together strategy does work! We pulled together and beat those SOB's!!

See you at work!!!

Why all the long faces Bubbalievers?

AMFA NOW!
I SUPPORT THE STRIKING WORKERS AT NORTHWEST AIRLINES!

Latest posts