Danker removes Yingst from office?

767 mechanic

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
I was told that Yingst was sent back to his machinist position by Dale Danker the 514 president. Apparently he was scheduled for 2 days of union pay in ORD and he brought his wife along for a short vacation. The problem is that he and his wife took another 3 days at the locals expense that was not approved by the local. Basically you could say that he and his wife were stealing from the local. Also there has been members bitching at Danker for removing him. I guess these blind loyalists of Yingst  have no problem being robbed by an elected official. How stupid can you be???? Several years ago he and his wife get drunk in first class on there way to Hawaii and have an argument that forces the pilot to try and remove his wife from the first class lav (The pilot was unsuccessful in removing her) and it gets covered up by the twu int and the company. The  twu  had to send a rep from the  twu int to Hawaii to smoothed this over. Anyone one of us would have lost our jobs and also spent time in jail for this offense on an aircraft. If it weren't for a corrupt union he would have already been fired. I guess TSA picks and chooses who they prosecute.

Reactions: 11 people
It's true about getting the boot from 514. Dunno the circumstances.
Last I heard he was banned from Hawaiian Air.
He was D. Buchettes VP at local 514 and even followed him into an international position. No surprise that the Intl. kicked em back to the curb. While in office Burchette was arrested for Domestic violence also way back when. Now in the last election Tule majority votes Yingst back in as VP. God help us.

Reactions: 5 people
He was also calling in sick to the union hall and not the telling the company so we was getting paid but it was not coming out of his sick bank. The guy is a scum bag.

Reactions: 5 people
I have a few friends in Tulsa. That said the people that voted for him where OSM and machinist. He only won buy a couple of votes after recount.

"Only won by a couple of votes"  It's really sad that this happens at all, but given the poor participation in our elections, these"leaders" are able to get in office having only a small dedicated following.  I honestly don't think this membership will ever wake up.   

Reactions: 2 people
The guys in Tulsa scare me, no offense to Danker, but why is a FSC running the largest Maint base?

Well at least they're not the majority any longer. Despite all the sacrifices we took to save OH.

Reactions: 3 people
bigjets said:
The guys in Tulsa scare me, no offense to Danker, but why is a FSC running the largest Maint base?

Well at least they're not the majority any longer. Despite all the sacrifices we took to save OH.
When you add in the LUS IAM people who will be voting WITH us, they are outnumbered even further.

BTW Danker was elected, Virella was appointed. 

MetalMover said:
When you add in the LUS IAM people who will be voting WITH us, they are outnumbered even further.

BTW Danker was elected, Virella was appointed.

Virella was elected twice I believe as Local 501 President before being appointed to the ATD. BTW I thought it was Steve Luis who was a FSC. Dale Danker is as well?

WeAAsles said:
Virella was elected twice I believe as Local 501 President before being appointed to the ATD. BTW I thought it was Steve Luis who was a FSC. Dale Danker is as well?
Lucky for the fleet guys Virella was appointed. He has made it clear for years what he thinks of aircraft mechanics.

I NEVER got a chance to vote for him or anyone before him. 

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
Lucky for the fleet guys Virella was appointed. He has made it clear for years what he thinks of aircraft mechanics.

I NEVER got a chance to vote for him or anyone before him.
If he's either eluded to or even admitted that he's not exactly fond (speculative) of you guys, why would you believe that is? Anything to do with NY in particular you might suppose?

Buster CRC said:
Luis is a AMT so is Danker. Sam Cirri the last President of 514 was a FSC. Cirri is now plant maintenance.
Thank you. I forgot Sam Cirri.

Unrealated but I keep asking melyselj if dfw will ever be run like maintenance facility or are we going to continue down the current path. It gets old being the joke of the system.

dfw gen said:
Unrealated but I keep asking melyselj if dfw will ever be run like maintenance facility or are we going to continue down the current path. It gets old being the joke of the system.
I think you underestimate, yea the B cks are gone,(where once there were many) I check, most engine changes, etc etc, but, there is drop in work at the hangars that gets done, not on the magnitude as before, but its there, plenty of lighter checks, cards, mel clearing etc go on at both the line and the hangar. Don't forget how many flights the line operation gets through there every day. It a significant number. With all the pireps, fixes and mels. Its alot.

Im thinking (hoping) 787 also plays a bigger role in DFWs future.

TULE hangars 3B & 3C are currently performing 737 B checks. C checks begin in January 2016.Got word last week they're extending the 80's beyond December. We were supposed to have one HC left but they keep rolling in Hangars 3D, 3A and 4A. Making these future dock schedules look like a joke. Hangar 3C is now converted for 737 work. 3B is next.