Dave's Employee Meeting In Clt?

Did anyone attend Dave's employee meeting in CLT last week?

I'm interested in what he had to say. Specifically, once all of these regional jets appear on the scene, what does Dave have in mind to recapture all of the market share that he has given-away over the last three years?

Surely he doesn't expect people to come running back to US Airways simply because they finally acquired the equipment that everyone else has been operating for years.

I'd really love to see some progressive management. Unfortunately, I think that is a pipe-dream. :blink:

Dave did not have a meeting in CLT last week, Chris Chiames did last Friday, on Monday Dave and Chiames, went to offsite, the hangar, stores, he did not visit the line or hold any meetings, it was just a quick walk thru. After the hammering Chiames got Friday, we knew Dave would not hold a real meeting. I know the mechanics in the Avionics shop hammered Dave.

Dave and his gang of thieves are nothing more then *deleted by moderator*, if they farm our the airbus work, you can kiss US Airways goodbye, and Dave and Dave will lose all their money, but enough is enough.

Interesting though, the VP of *deleted* Relations Jerrod "I HATE UNIONS!" Glass is in CLT today. A ceo, and two vps in the same week, something is going on.

I just wonder why Dave never leaves Crystal City without Chris at his side?

When Wolf or Gangwal came to visit, they did not need their hands held to face the employees.

Bob, can you not understand there was no, none, nyet negotiations on the change of the scope language in regards to overhauling of any airplane we fly? I mean I have only posted the language several times and informed you and others on this board that it has not changed since 1949, one VP even got fired for telling Siegel and his criminal gang that the Airbus work is IAM covered work.

But from a man who admitted breaking into someone elses office and stealing documents from him, I would not expect you to understand how Dave and his gang of robber barons are stealing from the employees.

Who ever got to see Wolf and Gangwall?? When they did travel it was NEVER on a U aircraft! They always had a private jet whisking them far and near. Those two are part of the reason the company is in the shape it is.
Lav, you come on here and say these guys are criminals, robber barons, causing people to commit suicide, badger Dave about his house he's building in the islands and only God knows what else yet you offer no hard facts. You say this will be the end of U and the other unions will stand side by side with the IAM and shut the company down if you lose your Airbus checks yet it wasn't long ago when the pilots were losing their pension there was a huge amount of anti ALPA posts on here from IAM members saying to swallow the pill like everyone else. What makes you think these guys will stick up for you when no one stuck up for them during their pension issue? Yeah yeah they have a lot of animosity towards the company about outstanding grievances but don't bet the farm the entire labor force will stand behind you just because the IAM got outfoxed in negotiations. People have bills to pay just like everyone else and I don't see a lot of solidarity from any of the unions on U's property outside from a few posters on this board.
While I happen to think the work should stay inhouse I wouldn't be surprised to see Glass and company find a way around it and at the same time get a court ruling preventing any type of work action by any union.

Bob, how many free upgrades did they send you or was it just a glass of Dave's Koolaide?

LavMan said:
Bob, how many free upgrades did they send you or was it just a glass of Dave's Koolaide?
I'll bet Bob sent US enough revenue last year to cover the salary of, say, at least one outspoken Union employee on the property. Something you should think about.

Bob, action has been taken and more will be taken when needed.

And you talk about action and in your previous posts you say if we do anything the company will get a judge to fine us, you cant have it both ways.

Since W has taken office the courts have decided that Delta and Comair pilots have to work overtime, UAL and NWA mechanics have to stop writing up broken airplanes and the AA's pilots can't be sick.

I don't know about you, but I don't want a tired or sick pilot flying my airplane nor do I want a mechanic to stop finding broken things on airplanes and fixing them.

How does it look in the press when a company takes it mechanics to court and saying you are fixing too many things on the plane causing delays?

The deck is stacked against workers, but we have to keep fighting the good fight till the tide will turn.

PS. I do appreciate the business you and your company does with US.

It's not going to bode well for the IAM when the company takes the write-ups that start pouring in about stuff that is broken on the airplanes to the judge and proves the IAM didn't write-up the same or similar problems prior to the time the contract dispute arose.

lavman:

How do you know that chiames got hammered in clt by the employees? Were you there? Since you are very vocal on this board-I guess that you probably did not try to ask any questions to chiames or siegel during their visits. You rant and rave on this board but what are you doing within your own union? All talk and no action probably-the airbus work is probably being outsourced and there is nothing that YOU can do about it.

I was off on Friday, but there were many people there, I spoke with several people that were there.

The only time Dave and Chiames were at the line is when they came off the airplane and got right into a van, they never visited the line.

Back in Decemeber when Dave and Chris were at the B-11 conference room, I did hammer Dave with several hard hitting questions and statements, I believe I even pissed him off as Chiames came over to talk to me and Chiames sent a nastygram to the Station Director who fowarded it the maintenance manager who gave it to me.

I have sent Dave and other executives e-mails and did the same when Wolf and Gangwal were aboard.

I am not afraid to take them on, as I have and will continue to do, I suggest you dont make statements until you know the facts.

Oh and there is plenty we can do about the airbus work, legal self-help being one of them, working by the book is another. Apparently you never have been involved in a labor dispute, did you walk the picket line in 92 like we did?

Attachments

• striking_labor_man_wm.gif
    striking_labor_man_wm.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 129
LavMan

As a mechanic I am sick and tired of hearing, from those who are not, threats of “doing things by the book.â€￾ This is what we agreed to when were certificated by the FAA. Those of us who work on the airplanes or their sub-systems take this responsibility extremely seriously. If you do not you are nothing more than a prostitute for the company. How would you explain this threat to a passenger LavMan; I’m allowed to take short cuts since I’m not mad at the company now?

If a plane is broke it is broke, regardless of how your day is going! The maintenance manual does not have a “happyâ€￾ sectionâ€￾ and an “angryâ€￾ section.

ata36bg said:
LavMan

. How would you explain this threat to a passenger LavMan; I’m allowed to take short cuts since I’m not mad at the company now?

If a plane is broke it is broke, regardless of how your day is going! The maintenance manual does not have a “happyâ€￾ sectionâ€￾ and an “angryâ€￾ section.
you explain in livid detail as to how,in the recent news media it has been reported that several airline disasters,ie:crashes have been caused by 3rd party maintenence facilities that have let shoddy work go unnoticed,due to a lack of governing regulations and safety checks and training as the FAA is under staffed to accomplish these goals.and furthermore you tell him as an aviation maintenence professional that you and your colleagues will not and cannot let things of this nature go unnoticed at us airways.you shouldn't have to be reminded of this as you are a highly trained maintenence professional and these things are expected of you.

Delldude,

Since you are acting as LavMan’s spokesman I’ll address this to you. You missed the entire point. Threatening to do your work “by the bookâ€￾ is another reason for management to look elsewhere for people to perform that work. Why should they pay people to do things by the book only when they are mad at the company? Shouldn’t they be allowed to expect this level of professionalism all the time? By saying that you are going to do things by the book implies that you have not been doing so in the past.

And in the future please don’t lecture me on professional ethics “my friend.â€￾

Latest posts