David Bronner''s Comments

Today Reuters reported, The management team and employees of US Airways continue to impress us with their professionalism, vision and commitment to a successful restructuring, said Dr. David Bronner, the dhief xecutive of RSA. As recently as this week, we have held high-level discussions with the airline''s leadership and reiterated our commitment to the company. The agreements recently reached with its labor unions for additional cost and productivity savings demonstrate to us that there is a dedicated workforce that will pull the company through and who will benefit from the future success of their airline.

Wonder if Doc Boner sat down with a calculator with Dave and estimated the 2.5 mil in severance pay to the 250 laid off Orlando agents taking severance will more than dwarf the amount of income these same agents would tally up in a day's work..
Avg. revenue(sales, chg fees etc) tallied per day is around 5,000.00 p.p.times 200 agts on the job a day times 5 days a week times an avg of 12 weeks severance is about 70 mil dollars in sales and revenue. 70 mil in revenue over 12 weeks time or 2.5 mil in severance payout for doing nothing?Who now will be writing all these sales up now? The remaining agents?(they can't, they have their own pre-existing burden of sales to ponder and share) Are these going to be lost to the 15 to 25 pct lost to OA calls files??Who is going to do the reissues now? The other offices are not heavily reissue trained according to folks in PIT and Winston. Are they in classes now? I didn't hear of any.
I imagine The 1st quarter is going to report hundreds of millions of dollars in losses of income both due to low inbound revenue and high payout of benefits. And then Dave and Doc will come back for a 3rd round to vote YES on. Will be too late to get me tho, I'll already have my 14 weeks free and clear.Yipee yi yay!

Wonder if Doc Boner sat down with a calculator with Dave and estimated the 2.5 mil in severance pay to the 250 laid off Orlando agents taking severance will more than dwarf the amount of income these same agents would tally up in a day's work..
Avg. revenue(sales, chg fees etc) tallied per day is around 5,000.00 p.p.times 200 agts on the job a day times 5 days a week times an avg of 12 weeks severance is about 70 mil dollars in sales and revenue. 70 mil in revenue over 12 weeks time or 2.5 mil in severance payout for doing nothing?Who now will be writing all these sales up now? The remaining agents?(they can't, they have their own pre-existing burden of sales to ponder and share) Are these going to be lost to the 15 to 25 pct lost to OA calls files??Who is going to do the reissues now? The other offices are not heavily reissue trained according to folks in PIT and Winston. Are they in classes now? I didn't hear of any.
I imagine The 1st quarter is going to report hundreds of millions of dollars in losses of income both due to low inbound revenue and high payout of benefits. And then Dave and Doc will come back for a 3rd round to vote YES on. Will be too late to get me tho, I'll already have my 14 weeks free and clear.Yipee yi yay!

i'd still like to know...anybody have any idea what revenue we lost due to customers thinking we were going ch7 last week,due to bronners threats?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new honcho of U will not be painted the fool so any information released, which it won't be, would be painted in bright colors. He has already toned down a few notches realizing, like Mr Lott, what a few words can do.

i'd still like to know...anybody have any idea what revenue we lost due to customers thinking we were going ch7 last week,due to bronners threats?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new honcho of U will not be painted the fool so any information released, which it won't be, would be painted in bright colors. He has already toned down a few notches realizing, like Mr Lott, what a few words can do.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/22/2002 10:34:39 AM cavalier wrote:
[P]i'd still like to know...anybody have any idea what revenue we lost due to customers thinking we were going ch7 last week,due to bronners threats? [BR]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR] The new honcho of U will not be painted the fool so any information released, which it won't be, would be painted in bright colors. He has already toned down a few notches realizing, like Mr Lott, what a few words can do. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]yeah,i saw thursday he was quoted as saying"no comment".big 'd' was in alabama on wed supposedly.must have toned him down a little.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/22/2002 10:34:39 AM cavalier wrote:
[P]i'd still like to know...anybody have any idea what revenue we lost due to customers thinking we were going ch7 last week,due to bronners threats? [BR]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR] The new honcho of U will not be painted the fool so any information released, which it won't be, would be painted in bright colors. He has already toned down a few notches realizing, like Mr Lott, what a few words can do. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]yeah,i saw thursday he was quoted as saying"no comment".big 'd' was in alabama on wed supposedly.must have toned him down a little.

All Dave probably relayed to Bronner was that no matter what he thinks, he has got to present a positive picture, that he and management are trying their hardest to make this thing work. Anything less and he could be sued by thousands of creditors (including employees) for not making a good faith effort if this thing dies. Therefore, I would expect nothing but positive or at worse neutral remarks from "Dr" Bronner.

All Dave probably relayed to Bronner was that no matter what he thinks, he has got to present a positive picture, that he and management are trying their hardest to make this thing work. Anything less and he could be sued by thousands of creditors (including employees) for not making a good faith effort if this thing dies. Therefore, I would expect nothing but positive or at worse neutral remarks from "Dr" Bronner.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 12:16:41 AM chipmunn wrote:

Today Reuters reported, "The management team and employees of US Airways continue to impress us with their professionalism, vision and commitment to a successful restructuring," said Dr. David Bronner, the dhief xecutive of RSA. "As recently as this week, we have held high-level discussions with the airline's leadership and reiterated our commitment to the company. The agreements recently reached with its labor unions for additional cost and productivity savings demonstrate to us that there is a dedicated workforce that will pull the company through and who will benefit from the future success of their airline."
----------------
[/blockquote]
Anybody else feel all warm and fuzzy now? I know I'll sleep good tonight.

INVOL

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 12:16:41 AM chipmunn wrote:

Today Reuters reported, "The management team and employees of US Airways continue to impress us with their professionalism, vision and commitment to a successful restructuring," said Dr. David Bronner, the dhief xecutive of RSA. "As recently as this week, we have held high-level discussions with the airline's leadership and reiterated our commitment to the company. The agreements recently reached with its labor unions for additional cost and productivity savings demonstrate to us that there is a dedicated workforce that will pull the company through and who will benefit from the future success of their airline."
----------------
[/blockquote]
Anybody else feel all warm and fuzzy now? I know I'll sleep good tonight.

INVOL

Latest posts