Day Last

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Tomorrow is Day 1.

Bye and good ridance to old USAir.
Tomorrow is Day 1- time for a new beginning.
Time to shed the old wounds and be ready for a new dawn!!!

Go US!

:up:

a320av8r said:
Tomorrow is Day 1.

Bye and good ridance to old USAir.
Tomorrow is Day 1- time for a new beginning.
Time to shed the old wounds and be ready for a new dawn!!!

Go US!

:up:
[post="305661"][/post]​

Otherwise known as Groundhog Day.

It has only been nine years since it has been US Airways, why do people insist on saying US Air, especially employees?

Probably because the wonderful marketing department never did their job in identifying the brand. As a matter of fact they did it so poorly even the employees don't even call it by it's name.

I was leaving work tonight (or should I say this morning) around 01:00 and the ticket counter was decorated with a baby shower theme. Stork decorations and banners all over the place. One in particular went something like this:
New Arrival: US Airways
Weight: 500,000 lbs.
Length: 20 feet

The BBQ should hopefully be a good time tomorrow.

700UW said:
It has only been nine years since it has been US Airways, why do people insist on saying US Air, especially employees?
[post="305860"][/post]​

From an AWA perspective at least we don't have to hear "AmericaN West" anymore :up:

Jonnyd said:
I was leaving work tonight (or should I say this morning) around 01:00 and the ticket counter was decorated with a baby shower theme. Stork decorations and banners all over the place. One in particular went something like this:
New Arrival: US Airways
Weight: 500,000 lbs.
Length: 20 feet

The BBQ should hopefully be a good time tomorrow.
[post="305910"][/post]​

Whatta ya mean "should be". I'll be cookin' at the hanger so ya know it will be good. See ya there :up:

Jonnyd said:
the ticket counter was decorated
[post="305910"][/post]​

We're getting married in TPA. Reception line at the counter, PARTY AT THE GATES!
Then we're going to Vegas to play some games on the honeymoon........
Hope everyone has a great day. Cant wait to see the pix.

MrAeroMan said:
Probably because the wonderful marketing department never did their job in identifying the brand.  As a matter of fact they did it so poorly even the employees don't even call it by it's name.
[post="305863"][/post]​
I always used to get a kick out how our Mgr. made a big deal about agents wearing uniforms with US Air still on them. In the mean time, we had a Big MD-80 sitting at the gate with US Air plastered all over it. I wonder if more people noticed my shirt, or that Aircraft.....I made my point with him, and he was baffled to have a sensible response. I know that the Company never intended to paint all of the A/C since some were being removed from the fleet, but changing the name only would not have been too much!!

wings396 said:
I always used to get a kick out how our Mgr. made a big deal about agents wearing uniforms with US Air still on them. In the mean time, we had a Big MD-80 sitting at the gate with US Air plastered all over it. I wonder if more people noticed my shirt, or that Aircraft.....I made my point with him, and he was baffled to have a sensible response. I know that the Company never intended to paint all of the A/C since some were being removed from the fleet, but changing the name only would not have been too much!!
[post="305960"][/post]​

stop and think about what you just said....tick tick tick....ok...times up. Now, dont you think that what you said made sense? There you have....it MADE sense, so management couldnt possibly go for it.

Welcome to the NEW USAIRWAYS....

Attachments

• US_Pig.jpg
    US_Pig.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 58
Cle had a catered affair- unfortunately the station mgr did NOT THINK Of HIS am part timers when doing this!

Catered food bet 11;00-11;30 how convenient when most of the p/t's leave at 10.30 and he WANTED us to come back for the food!

Also 2 cakes in the station, LOCKED UP IN THE SPECIAL SERVICES ROOM, when I left at 10:35, however AW girls were KIND enough to send 3 pieces at the gate for us and OUR MGR PISSED ALL OVER US!

After 21 yrs, and then he wonders why we have the ATTITUDES WE HAVE!

You can spend money on a friggin party,and the equip is THE SAME when I started back in 1985!

700UW said:
[post="305860"][/post]​

Its soooo tough to have to say that extra syllable you know! ;)

If people need to shorten it, both "US" and "Airways" alone have only two syllables compared to the three in "USAir." It's annoying. No one says "American Air" or "United Air."

700UW said:
[post="305860"][/post]​

Employees know better. However, it's a bigger problem in the media; they keep saying USAir. Now that US Airways has a REAL corporate communications management team with excellent PR people in Tempe, I suspect they'll be montioring the media more closely. It's up to them to get in touch with the media outlets that continue calling US Airways US Air, and also spelling it wrong. That's what REAL corporate communications media employees do -- they nurture brand loyalty and proper recognition by WORKING WITH THE MEDIA, NOT AGAINST IT. And, as you all know, we've had media nazis working at CCY. This company is long overdue on good public relations.