Dca & Phl Csa, Fsa, & Car Hiring

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways held open house sessions in Philadelphia and Washington seeking full and part time mainline and MDA CSA’s, FSA’s, and CAR’s. CSA and FSA’s will start at $9.59 per hour, receive a 401(k) retirement plan, medical/dental benefits, and unlimited pass privileges. CAR’s will receive the same benefit package, but their starting pay will be about $7.50 per hour.

Over 1,000 applicants have attended the job fairs and the company has completed its near-term hiring in Washington and now has a pool of new employees waiting to be hired. This week eight open interview sessions were held in Philadelphia from Tuesday, February 15 through Friday, February 18. US Airways has made hundreds of conditional offers, but there is a significant washout rate when people don't make it through the background checks or fail the drug test, and then Human Resources gets additional no shows and dropouts. Management is making progress to increase Philadelphia manning and it is just going to take some additional time to add new employees. US Airways now has its first new hires on the property working in Philadelphia and will add more personnel in the not-so-distant future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

One must wonder why the Company would be looking to hire so many people when displacements are just around the corner. This is just another way to screw the employees that will lose their jobs once their station is contracted out. By the time they are displaced, there will be no vacant positions for them to fill elsewhere on the system. You can bet that after they have been on furlough for over 60 days that they company will offer them something for STARTING RATE!!!!

700UW said:
You can still displace the junior person in the system.
[post="249261"][/post]​
Yeah right. Tell that to the people that were in the 10 stations that closed in October of 2001.

700UW said:
You can still displace the junior person in the system.
[post="249261"][/post]​

That may be the case for the MTC group, but not for FSA. They give us a list of stations that have openings, and if you want to go you can. In order for you to take the place of a junior agent there must be a System Wide furlough. The list usually has LGA,DCA, BOS & PHL, and maybe a few others.

Maintenance we have to bump in our station first if there is another bid area that has someone junior to you, otherwise you can bump down if you hold a lower classification to remain in your station, or you can bump the junior person at another station.

I was told by the CLT Fleet committee you can take an opening or bump the junior person in the system.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways held open house sessions in Phl and DCA seeking full and part time mainline and MDA CSA’s, FSA’s, and CAR’s. CSA and FSA’s will start at $9.59 per hour, receive a 401(k) retirement plan, medical/dental benefits, and unlimited pass privileges. CAR’s will receive the same benefit package, but their starting pay will be about $7.50 per hour.

They have got to be kidding.....how many will pass the drug test, background check, training and 90% passing grade on final....... hilarious_smiley.gif

700UW said:
Maintenance we have to bump in our station first if there is another bid area that has someone junior to you, otherwise you can bump down if you hold a lower classification to remain in your station, or you can bump the junior person at another station.

I was told by the CLT Fleet committee you can take an opening or bump the junior person in the system.
[post="249353"][/post]​
That is not correct, and in the case of the FSA group many will have ALL of their work eliminated within their station. The FSA group has never been able to bump the junior person in the case of a station closure. When there has been a systemwide reduction in force you can go where the junior people who are going to be furloughed are located. If you want to go to a station where there is a junior person, but they are not within the the bottom group getting furloughed you can't bump them. I know that this can be done at NWA for example, but it has never been the case here.

Sad to say, this is not the cas at US. I had been told they didn't want to deal with the Domino effect of bumped employees. Just another fine contract glitch by the IAM. I wish they would have referred to the NWA Contract when they drafted ours up. I also like the wording about Grandfathering in the employee's at stations that lose mainline service to RJ's.