Dear Captain Prater

Since we're quoting the transition agreement, how about this:

"The seniority lists of America West pilots and US Airways pilots will be integrated in accordance with ALPA Merger Policy and submitted to the Airline Parties for acceptance".

Might not have to worry about the transition agreement after all.....

Jim

USA320...

Of course that agreement you cite that you are bound by could always be ignored or rewritten couldn't it? Nothing is written in stone is it? It's all a matter of interpretation isn't it?

In such a situation I would certainly expect east pilots not to fly west routes. That would be scabbing and usually airlines go out of their way at the insistence of ALPA not to pounce on struck routes.

Bob

If the AWA pilots break the terms of the Transition Agreement and attempt to enter Section VI negotiations, without objection from the company, the US Airways pilots would still be bound by the terms of the Transition Agreement. Specifically, the US Airways pilots would need to comply with the Transition Agreement during an AWA strike and could not violate the law.

USA320Pilot
As I read it, the TA is a tripartite agreement and any one party who breeches it could nullify the whole thing. There are not 2 separate TA's.

I don't think the east sees how dire losing that firewall would be for them.

Jim, your logic in support of, and dedication to this pilot group has been outstanding.

Lately, you have lost me. This is not about payback for attitudes or past wrongs by this pilot group from or to ALPA.

Current events transend past opinons..for gosh sakes I am agreeing with 320.

I do not understand your current slant...anymore than you seem to NOT understand the views of the average U pilot.

This list will not be implemented.

It is a disgrace, unheard of in 75 years of ALPA.

It is a disgrace, unheard of in 75 years of ALPA.
Yet very little different from the Shuttle/US arbitration award (by the same arbitrator) - don't remember all this outrage then. Oh, that's right. Some of those EAL guys could trace their DOH back a pretty long way, couldn't they?

You see, greeter - my position on integrating lists hasn't changed in nearly 30 years. The East position sure has, however.....

Jim

Yet very little different from the Shuttle/US arbitration award (by the same arbitrator) - don't remember all this outrage then. Oh, that's right. Some of those EAL guys could trace their DOH back a pretty long way, couldn't they?

You see, greeter - my position on integrating lists hasn't changed in nearly 30 years. The East position sure has, however.....

Jim
[/quote]

Jim, refresh my time line on EAL, and the Shuttle, as far as it actually being a going concern. Not career expectations, not aircraft on order, nothing other that actually being in business for years..not months, but years..EAL was not even in exsistance..for years.
The shuttle integration has no bearing on this list. If it did, the slotting would have started at pilot #1, and not pilot #500+...what is up with that stupidity.

Let me see...700+ pilots PSA..DOH. 2500+ pilots PI...DOH...and now AWA...relative position.

But let that Shuttle award (yes..award) guide your logic. 44 pilots went ahead of me and retired in less than 4 years. It also, was wrong.

Greeter.

Jim
Jim, refresh my time line on EAL, and the Shuttle, as far as it actually being a going concern. Not career expectations, not aircraft on order, nothing other that actually being in business for years..not months, but years..EAL was not even in exsistance..for years.
The shuttle integration has no bearing on this list. If it did, the slotting would have started at pilot #1, and not pilot #500+...what is up with that stupidity.

Let me see...700+ pilots PSA..DOH. 2500+ pilots PI...DOH...and now AWA...relative position.

But let that Shuttle award (yes..award) guide your logic. 44 pilots went ahead of me and retired in less than 4 years. It also, was wrong.

Greeter.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head and marvel at the stupidity.

Jim, refresh my time line on EAL, and the Shuttle, as far as it actually being a going concern.

The 25 cent version - EAL sold the Shuttle to Trump (EAL pilots went with the planes under fragmentation protection), it was "repossessed" by the banks, US operated it for the banks for several years, US bought it. Apparently US thought it was enough of a going concern to pay a pretty good chunk of cash for it. As I recall, AMR made a bid which precipitated the US purchase under a first right of refusal clause. I'd say having two interested bidders could make the Shuttle more of a going concern at that time than US was with only HP interested in a merger.

Not career expectations, not aircraft on order, nothing other that actually being in business for years..not months, but years

I'd have to do some research, but the Shuttle had been in continuous operation for at least 20-25 years at the time US bought it.

EAL was not even in exsistance..for years.

EAL's history goes back at least as far as US'. If that's not years, I don't know what is.

The Shuttle "slotting" (have to be careful - 700UW says slotting and DOH are the same in the IAM :shock: ) didn't begin at #1. It started behind Group I US pilots since the Shuttle only operated Group II equipment (727's at the time). Sound familiar?

I no longer have access to it, even if it's still on the MEC site, but seems like there was something about the Shuttle engineers (US had retired the 727's by then) similiar to the furloughees in this award (but I won't guarantee that recollection).

Plus Shuttle - relative position. It was the Shuttle pilots that wanted DOH in that merger, not the US pilots.

As I said, my position hasn't changed since long before the Shuttle award. I'm not the one changing my definition of "fair" depending on the circumstances. But if it makes you feel better to think otherwise, go right ahead.

Jim

East twice the size as the West and cheaper labor costs too - Good luck with that.
Are you sure? Because East top of the payscale FOs make more than the average FO out West. If we keep operating as two seperate companies than I think the East FA group as a whole also makes more than the West due to length of service again. The rates may be less on the East but I don't know if the labor costs are really cheaper.