Dear Pilots,

trenchworker

Oct 29, 2009
Please stop all the shenanigans. You are hurting this airline and we are losing altitude fast. We all know that you are not fully satisfied with the contract at hand. The statistics of this airline over the past few weeks has been off the charts on the delays and cancellations, just because you want to 'show the company'. Guess what? There may not be a company if you keep this up. We all know your panties are in a wad, but please keep that to yourself. You are affecting a lot more people - fellow AA employees as well as all of the passengers our CUSTOMERS. Without customers, well.... we don't have an airline.
If the secured creditors get anxious and pull their investment in this airline, then chapter 7 liquidation is next, and I don't think any of us want that.

Sincerely,

A Proud AA Employee

Reactions: 3 people
Please stop all the shenanigans. You are hurting this airline and we are losing altitude fast. We all know that you are not fully satisfied with the contract at hand. The statistics of this airline over the past few weeks has been off the charts on the delays and cancellations, just because you want to 'show the company'. Guess what? There may not be a company if you keep this up. We all know your panties are in a wad, but please keep that to yourself. You are affecting a lot more people - fellow AA employees as well as all of the passengers our CUSTOMERS. Without customers, well.... we don't have an airline.
If the secured creditors get anxious and pull their investment in this airline, then chapter 7 liquidation is next, and I don't think any of us want that.

Sincerely,

A Proud AA Employee
Huh, are you factually confused? Chapter 7 huh? I think your time would be better spent worrying about your own day to day duties and not what the pilots are doing.

Reactions: 1 person
Did AA impose the LBFO on the pilots yet?

AA has begun imposing some of the terms from the term sheet (worse than the LBFO) and some of the terms from the LBFO. Sort of a mixed bag.

The OP is a day late and a dollar short - the delays and cancellations have decreased dramatically over the past few days. If there was a work slowdown in progress earlier in September, it has largely abated.

trench,
The direction this company takes is completely out of our hands.

The suffering our customers have endured can't possible be layed exclusively at the pilots feet.. I can think of 162 million reasons why, and probably 47 more reasons we're in the shape we're in...

It's the pilots fault? What floor of Centerport are you on?

Sincerely,

A Proud AA Employee

I hope this is just a joke, albeit a sad one.

Then again on the other hand, without motivated employees you don't have an airline either.

Proud Employee??? Are friggin' you kidding me. This has turned into one of the crappiest places to be employed. It didn't used to be that way. Now I just make sure they get exactly what they bargained for.

Its not The Pilots fault for standing up for themselves. Its managements fault for raping the employees...The Pilots are hurting Managements pockets not yours because whatever profits AA makes will just be bonuses for management...You will never see a dime from profits. I dont know how you can say your a Proud AA Employee...You should feel Violated...

The pilots are acting just like girl who something spilled on her prom dress. Crying like a bi---! They are pissed there hotel room is not next to the ice machine. It's only a matter of time till the Feds look at the right ups. It's not difficult to figure what's going on.

I think there are a lot more "once" Proud AA employees out there than proud ones and the only ones that are still that way are in management.

For mechanics what do we have to be proud of?

Lowest pay?
Least amount of vacation?
Least amount of paid Holidays?
Lowest holiday Pay?
Least amount of sick time?
Least amount of IOD?
Worst pension?
Worst Medical Insurance?
Worst work rules?

Pilots need to do their jobs and look the planes over carefully, they have been neglected for years compared to the past. The frequency and depth of checks were reduced to save money, and even in stations that are considered to be cornerstones pilots should not take it for granted that mechanics were given the opportunity to do a proper inspection. If a mechanic writes up an item in an area where he was not assigned to look he faces a disciplinary hearing, however once the pilot writes it up he has to address it.

The improvement in performance is most likely a reflection of the fact that everything they documented has been fixed by the mechanics. Ok guys, the cockpit is good, now its time to look at the rest of the plane, our mechanics can use the OT, got to start putting money into that 401K since the pension is gone and build up some savings for all the medical bills they wont pay anymore, never mind make up for the fact that we are still earning less per hour than we were 10 years ago and lag our peers anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 a year.

A few more years of this and we will have them planes as good as when they came out of the factory!

Reactions: 7 people
The pilots are acting just like girl who something spilled on her prom dress. Crying like a bi---! They are pissed there hotel room is not next to the ice machine. It's only a matter of time till the Feds look at the right ups. It's not difficult to figure what's going on.

I guess you've never seen a FED do an exterior preflight and hand a list to the pilots.

Far worse than any you seen done in the last month.

Getting a room near an ice machine or elevator, especially during a busy weekend, doesn't provide adequate rest. You do understand the issue don't you?

Reactions: 2 people

Who likes a room by the ice machine?

Reactions: 2 people
Three decades later the Pilots wake up and stop being a white collar union.

Safety first.

Latest posts