Delta+7%

lpbrian

Veteran
Mar 7, 2004
To follow USScare mgmt they want to pay AMTs Delta wages + 7% . Anyone done the math? That's 43-44$ an hour. Not to mention benefits. Vacation sick time holidays, yada . Is this true? Or an EOlsen trick.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered for daring to share an opinion, I'd say they may offer a fat bump in hourly rates but anything else is wishful thinking.No shift diff, no improvements in SK, VC,holidays or anything else for that matter.

Reactions: 1 person
JFK Fleet Service said:
At the risk of being tarred and feathered for daring to share an opinion, I'd say they may offer a fat bump in hourly rates but anything else is wishful thinking.No shift diff, no improvements in SK, VC,holidays or anything else for that matter.
I agree. But even more interesting is to see what survives in a JCBA with respect to TWU/IAM. The IAM contracts have more holidays and double time just to name two. They have to be looking at the TWU contract and saying to themselves that the TWU agreements are far more company advantageous than the IAM ones.

I can be bought by the association for that pay day. I wish the association luck.

I'm assuming we will get the x2 pay, VC, sick, holidays, shift diff, since we will be going into regular negotiations, plus they GAVE the FA's that, and the pilots will vote on that shortly.

To clarify which I'm sure is not only my opinion. I don't want the TWU total contract to be 7% above deltas workers, I want 7% above a delta line mechanic, just like the FA's and pilots are 7% above their respective counterparts.

How cool would it be for AMFA, if the NMB forces a vote, AMFA gets in, and AA gives us the 7% above delta mechs.

MetalMover said:
I agree. But even more interesting is to see what survives in a JCBA with respect to TWU/IAM. The IAM contracts have more holidays and double time just to name two. They have to be looking at the TWU contract and saying to themselves that the TWU agreements are far more company advantageous than the IAM ones.

It seems as though the FA's took the good parts of both contracts, but the TWU has no good parts, so what happens next? How the IAM guys are looking at the TWU and saying I want them to negotiate my contract is beyond me.

Reactions: 1 person
or profit sharing which is expected to be paid to DL employees at the rate of 15% this year.

every analyst in the industry expects 2015 profits to be even higher.

so very glad to hear that AA mechanics stand in line to get some money thrown at them. long overdue.

glad DL could do what the TWU could not.

Ill say it again, between twu idiots and management screwing. Expect nothing except more years.

Reactions: 5 people
You left out the IAM idiots
I agree we will get nothing until we vote out the IAM and the twu strap in boyz its going to be a cold day in hell before we see anything from this JCBA

lpbrian said:
To follow USScare mgmt they want to pay AMTs Delta wages + 7% . Anyone done the math? That's 43-44$ an hour. Not to mention benefits. Vacation sick time holidays, yada . Is this true? Or an EOlsen trick.
Never happen as long as the worthless union is on the property.

lpbrian said:

The pay rates for the APFA and the APA, if they ratify their JCBA, would be about 7% above the Delta rates. That is where that percentage came from.

And then you add in the 4% we all got on Jan.5th...oops, that's right, the TWU/IAM folks haven't seen it yet.
Doug, my hands are tied with this Association mess, but since you insist that the 4% is tied to something I have no control over, I will work to the best of my ability with my hands tied! Thanks Mr. Parker!

Reactions: 3 people
lpbrian said:
Yes some people have done the math in another thread.  It came more like 41-42 per hour.  Remember, the 7% is on top of "base" not top out rate.  And there is a difference.  But I also have another question. You posted that US mgmt is going with 7% above Delta AMT's, who has stated this?  I am not sure if it has been announced for the AMT's yet, has it?  I hope you guys do get it though.  I am just not under the understanding if the 4% will be on top of the 7%, if that is the case then yes you guys will be more like the 43-44 range as you posted I believe.  So who is saying you guys will receive the 7% over Delta plus 4% more???  Just curious where the info is coming from?

Well, Parker has given the FAs Delta+7 and its on the table for the Pilots.
If he offers any less than that to the mechanics, let's just say, " Houston, we have a problem".

As far as the 4% more, it's my understanding that With the 4% more it brings it to Delta+7.

Remember we are the welfare Union. They will figure out a way to pay us less and give us less benefits in order to keep more people on the clock doing nothing paying dues. We can only hope the company doesn't go along with it

What is sad is that we are not saying, "our union is going to get us at LEAST 7% better then delta"

What we are saying is "I doubt we will get the 7% above delta, that would be too HUGE a raise, we'll never get that"

The association, the TWU, and the IAM has an image problem.

Reactions: 3 people