Delta Anti-Merger Video

...that was quite amusing. Nice for propaganda purposes I guess. I'm not sure I could have gotten all riled up like everyone there. Kind of a joke, it's business and it's not your Delta.

it's business and it's not your Delta.

Well since you put it that way. I am a pilot for Delta Airlines and a member of DL ALPA. DALPA as you probably already know, just happens to be an official member of the unsecured creditors committee. As such it will have a vote in the final proposed resolution. That vote is already known and it will be cast in favor of keeping Delta my Delta.

Well, 757, the people I used to work with at DL agree with me. At least those who are still there. It's a bunch of hokey. Execs signing petitions that really mean nothing, a union chairman making grand statement that may or may not be what happens (fear tactics...gotta love 'em), Congressmen saying all kinds of great things probably right before they head to the Airtran hangar to say what a great bunch of folks those people are and how wonderful their company is, etc.

From what I hear on the line...it's a done deal and should be announced mid-January. No amount of rallying or buttons will stop this.

Not true. Even if the creditors agree with Parker (unlikely), this thing will be wrapped up in the regulatory process for a year or more. That's what the rallying is about.

Well since you put it that way. I am a pilot for Delta Airlines and a member of DL ALPA. DALPA as you probably already know, just happens to be an official member of the unsecured creditors committee. As such it will have a vote in the final proposed resolution. That vote is already known and it will be cast in favor of keeping Delta my Delta.
How much of a Vote did you have when "Your Delta" Stripped your pension away??? :shock:

How much of a Vote did you have when "Your Delta" Stripped your pension away??? :shock:

Well, as you may or may not know, the Delta pilots along with Delta management mutually agreed to terminate the pilots defined benefit and replace it with the current defined contribution plan. That plan now places 9% of our annual income in a 401k type investment that is in my name and is not predicated on Delta's viability.
That being said, what does your statement have to do with what I posted regarding DALPA's vote in the restructuring process? Best I can tell you were attempting to belittle those that have lost a pension. Is that what you were doing?

Either way, the suspense should end mid-month.

Highly unlikely. Delta's disclosure hearing isn't scheduled until Feb 7th. At that point DL will start soliciting votes on its POR. That process will most likely take several weeks.
US Airways cannot file a POR until the exclusive right of reorganization expires in mid February.
There is the possibility that DL management will have a change of heart and support the deal. I don't think that is going to happen. If anything, I believe another suitor will come into play, possibility UA. IMO, a UA/DL proposal would not meet the same hostility that the proposed US merger is generating.

That's funny. This from a person who's company eliminated the entire employee group's pensions and handed them to the PBGC and who's new CEO lobbied against legislation that allowed DL and NW to keep their non-pilot employee retirements. As Luv2fly said, the pilots did get to vote and were able to get some compensation for the cancelled plan.

cute video. too bad it's not gonna mean a thing. just a bunch yee-haws opening their big fat mouths and talking a load of garbage. vulture in the night .. gimme a break . what was that a curch revival . i was hoping for someone to start speaking in toungs or jumping up and down like borat.

If this merger goes threw the Delta employees sound like they will be determined to take it down. The bad blood that Delta has at US will not mix and match. They need to remember they are no longer the predator they are now the prey. There plan failed and we are still here.