Delta hiring pilots

TheWatcher

Senior
Aug 26, 2002
Delta Accepting Pilot Applications

ATLANTA, Dec. 20, 2006 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines today will officially begin accepting applications for new-hire pilots in anticipation of exhausting its pilot furlough list in 2007. Interviews for new Delta first officer positions are scheduled to begin in January.

``Starting the hiring process again is a significant milestone for our pilot group,'' said Steve Dickson, vice president of Flight Operations and a 757/767 Captain. ``It signifies the likely return of our last furloughed pilot, and provides hope for growth and career advancement for current pilots.''

Delta recently announced that it would need approximately 200 additional pilots during 2007 in order to meet the demands of the flying schedule due to network restructuring and international expansion. These pilots will come from a combination of pilots returning from furlough and new hire pilots.

``Clearly, this announcement, coupled with our recently announced order for new Boeing 737 and 777 aircraft as well as the planned acquisition of 13 Boeing 757s, shows that Delta's plan is working and the future for the Delta pilot group looks bright,'' Dickson said.......

Full Story Here http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/061220/110803.html

Delta Accepting Pilot Applications

And United is not too far behind - And isn't US recalling 30/mo for the first 6 months? it'll take 240 calls to get 30 to come back. That's 1440 phone calls out of 1900 that are on furlough - they'll call everyone by the end of August!! Then they'll start off the street!! :D
I'm just playing with ya - It's good news for all of us if they hire new pilots off the street next year!! - BCD

And United is not too far behind - And isn't US recalling 30/mo for the first 6 months? it'll take 240 calls to get 30 to come back. That's 1440 phone calls out of 1900 that are on furlough - they'll call everyone by the end of August!! Then they'll start off the street!! :D
I'm just playing with ya - It's good news for all of us if they hire new pilots off the street next year!! - BCD

2007 I will be in my 18th year at AAA. Sure would be nice to get a chance at recall.

2007 I will be in my 18th year at AAA. Sure would be nice to get a chance at recall.

Not trying to start a fight, but why would you still be waiting for recall to AAA after all this time? Have you not applied to JetBlue, Airtran, Southwest, FedEx, UPS, or anyone of the other airlines who have been hiring?

Not trying to start a fight, but why would you still be waiting for recall to AAA after all this time? Have you not applied to JetBlue, Airtran, Southwest, FedEx, UPS, or anyone of the other airlines who have been hiring?
------------------------------------------------------

Jet blue and air tramp are trash outfits...who wants to work for "Latest and greatest" when weve seen this story ntime and time again.

Do you really think southwest will grow to 1000 aircraft?? That is what it would take to make a newhire capt...a regular schedule wou;d require 1500 aircraft...fat chance.....

Fed-ex n UPS are good choices...Who wou;d of thought Grandma's ass wasnt worth as much as a box....

Do you really think southwest will grow to 1000 aircraft?? That is what it would take to make a newhire capt...a regular schedule wou;d require 1500 aircraft...fat chance.....

Yeah--I'm sure you were one of the ones saying the same thing a few years ago: "They'll never get 400 aircraft." They will keep growing until they run out of city pairs that will support a 737. Then they will add the infamous second fleet type and once again kick the legacies around in markets with lesser O&D.