Delta Labor Relations thread.

Eagle

Staff member
Nov 4, 2010
The previous thread is now archived. Included below are the last few posts. Please continue the discussion here.

Kev3188 said:
Those are valid points, but you can't have a discussion about APFA without having one about PFAA.

I just think that an in-house union would either get crushed really fast, or become a glorified EIG/FIT type deal in short order.

I also agree that any vote should be overwhelming. No one wins with 52-48, ya know?

As for 8's, I'm assuming that comment was a general one, and not directed at me; I've been pushing for 10's forever, and would take 13.3's in a heartbeat.
southwind said:
Yep, only gripe I have right now is no 12's or 13.3's and the only reason I can figure they did away with them is having to pay those, working those hours, 12 or 13.3 hours per holiday.
Do I want a union, just to get them back? Nope!
topDawg said:

Is your shop just a Monday-Friday shop? Guess just 8 hour shifts
Company said, at least in the hangar, production was dropping off hard in the last few hours of the shift and moving to 12s (plus a make up day) would increase production. How true is this? No idea

I know when we "voted" on what we wanted 4/10s won for the week shifts but the super seniors cried enough to get a revote. Magically the next vote 5/8s won.

But not joining a union to get them back. Dumb reason to want a union.

Honestly I don't know much about the PFAA

It was on the IAM/TWU opener.
Things like what times a shop is open, shifts etc. is stuff I don't want the union to worry about. Shop changes and you don't like it, bid out. You work for a 24/7/365 company and expect to work a 9-5 job? No go work at a bank if that is what you are looking for.
If I join a union I want the focus on the big issues, scope, pay, health care, retirement, and some work rules. I would want a clear proces when things do change we don't get a "whoops, revote" till we fit the company/Union/senior mamas agenda.
But at the end of the day deciding that a shop needs to add a line to run overnight cause volume is high is above my pay grade. Seniority makes it fair and we all have to or had to cut our teeth in this industry.
700UW said:

700UW said:
This is the new thread for Delta's issues with labor and unionization.

Are you a moderator now?

And hence all the useless union-shill-garbage you will regurgitate in this new thread.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't like it, don't read it.

You will just post the propaganda that Delta pays millions to Ford and Harrison to put out.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
What do either of those posts have to do with Delta?
I'm just pointing out how our resident IAM pimp wants to blame big business for the fall of the Middle class, when in reality it's big Government who's to blame!

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Government carrying big business' water, maybe...
efc1fa7606c9b38d29e998c9e989b739.jpg

700UW said:
This is the new thread for Delta's issues with labor and unionization.
Exactly.

And none of the crap you're posting has anything to do with DL specifically. Take it to the Cooler.

Sad as it is, this thread only exists because Delta does not treat "all" their employees fairly and pay them wages equivalent to union wages. It is difficult for some who have been union all their lives to understand the non-union, military style leadership that Delta promotes. That said, thE pendulum has swung in the direction of non-union. This will not change any time soon. The industrial union model is toast. People like 700UW are dinasours.

At the same time, this has not taken fire for several reasons. The employees are at-will, however, they are willing to trade that labor for what Delta is offering.

I am a big supporter of the right to bargain collectively.

The current workforce is more worried about their next Facebook post or instagram than they are putting in the work required to organize a campaign.

Do good work, and hope you get along with the boss.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
When did you become a moderator on this forum?
Believe me, if I were moderating here, you would have probably been gone long before WT was.

Back to the topic, though.... if the rank & file at DL were really interested in representation, you wouldn't need to keep posting your endless stream of Occupy Democrats supplied memes all the time to try and get a conversation going.

Time to move along already and admit that the DL employees interested in representation aren't in enough numbers to call for an election.

Reactions: 5 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
The current workforce population is more worried about their next Facebook post or instagram, or Kardashian than they are putting in the work required to organize a campaign.

Unfortunately it's hard to argue against this.

eolesen said:
Believe me, if I were moderating here, you would have probably been gone long before WT was.

Back to the topic, though.... if the rank & file at DL were really interested in representation, you wouldn't need to keep posting your endless stream of Occupy Democrats supplied memes all the time to try and get a conversation going.

Time to move along already and admit that the DL employees interested in representation aren't in enough numbers to call for an election.
You don't know that any more than anyone else on here E? The IAM can't even think about filing again until April and I have yet to hear what is going on with that DOJ investigation?