Delta mechanics getting raise again

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
Delta mechanics all in rate is  $38.28 per hour      Over 4 dollars an hour more than us

Delta mechanics are getting a 3% raise in April 2014

Delta mechanics all in rate going to $39.28 per hour (approx)

Delta still has double time........

How sad is it that we are lagging non-union labor

How do we sell TWU unionism with this?   

The answer is .........we can't

Reactions: 6 people
Pitiful, ain't it!! What does the TWU charge us for this piss poor representation, roughly $700 a year? 

Had enough of the TWU yet, morons?

Reactions: 2 people
Chuck Schalk said:
Delta mechanics all in rate is  $38.28 per hour      Over 4 dollars an hour more than us

Delta mechanics are getting a 3% raise in April 2014

Delta mechanics all in rate going to $39.28 per hour (approx)

Delta still has double time........

How sad is it that we are lagging non-union labor

How do we sell TWU unionism with this?   

The answer is .........we can't

But you have to wonder how many mechanics would be willing to go non-union just to have what the Delta people have?

Reactions: 1 person
And they farm out all their heavy checks, and most major interior mods, and use DGS mechanics at ATL TOC besides their own mechanics.

and yet DL outsources less total maintenance than all other carriers except for AA in 2012, the last year for which DOT stats are available.

I know, I know. In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... we'll get 700's revised definitions of outsourcing which are designed to show the great job the IAM did at US and how bad DL's non-union mechanics are.

problem for 700 is that the people that matter and actually vote in union elections know the truth.

Reactions: 2 people
don't forget the profit sharing DL employees will receive on Valentine's Day which will amount to about 8 percent more or roughly another month's pay.

MetalMover said:
But you have to wonder how many mechanics would be willing to go non-union just to have what the Delta people have?
Go non-union!!!!

I've paid nearly $14,000 for this representation !!! Are you kidding me !!! How much have each of us sacrificed to save OH, only to lose it in BK!!!! Along with retiree medical, pension in BK, and double time, holiday pay, sick days, vacation days, shift diff. full pay for a sick day, 5 paid holidays etc,etc, BEFORE bankruptcy!!

We pay for this kind of representation every month!!

WorldTraveler said:
don't forget the profit sharing DL employees will receive on Valentine's Day which will amount to about 8 percent more or roughly another month's pay.
Let's also not forget that the only reason they get what they get is to keep unions off the property.
Not that there is anything wrong with that from a  business standpoint. But that is the reality.

If all airline unions shut down tomorrow (for whatever reasons), Delta would have a field day with their non union employees. As well as every other airline. The cuts would probably go into effect so fast the non union employees wouldn't know what hit them. Our union dues help Delta employees more than they help us. They benefit from our unions more than we do. And they don't have to pay a dime in union dues. Not complaining just stating the truth. Why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free? I'd probably do it too if given the chance!

Reactions: 4 people