Delta named Airline of the Year by Air Transport World

you are the one who is spinning the fact that the ATW awarded DL in part because of its track record on labor relations.

You can't accept it.

DL won the award.

again, focus your attention on savings jobs at AA/US where Parker's hammer is certain to mean thousands of fewer jobs in the next few years.

Reactions: 2 people
And the ATW is an expert in Labor Relations?

Did they interview every single DL employee?

Spin away SpinMaster.

This topic is about DL, not AA and US, your typical you cant debate with facts so you change the subject.

Boy you certainly dont follow what you allegedly preach, there is so much I can say or do, hey do need another $1,250?

BABABOOY said:
Great job everyone!  
in choosing Delta, ATW noted:
editors cited leadership in several categories, including innovation and leadership by executive management; strong financial discipline; a consistent and excellent safety record; proven leadership in community, environmental and technological endeavors; consistent high standards of customer service; and excellent employee relations.   

repeat 
high standards of customer service, and EXCELLENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS  
I guess some just can't grasp this. 
Clean your own house before criticizing others no?

700UW said:
And thats why there are two active union organizing drives at DL.

You really are out of touch with reality.
The reason there are drives at DL, is these unions are losing members by the hundreds, possibly thousands at other airlines and need Mo' Money to fill their coffers !

bingo.... just wait 'til Parker cleans house. US has been trying to get DL to pay the bill for US for a decade now.... we're no more interested today than we were 10 years ago.

southwind said:
The reason there are drives at DL, is these unions are losing members by the hundreds, possibly thousands at other airlines and need Mo' Money to fill their coffers !

WorldTraveler said:
US has been trying to get DL to pay the bill for US for a decade now.... we're no more interested today than we were 10 years ago.

Who is we? I think I get your obsession now. You never left did you? Do you still get up each morning and put on your Delta pin, drink coffee out of your Delta mug, and pray towards Hapeville? Then sulk.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
No, the employees came to the unions, not the other way around.

Careful now... Say that too loud and the whole "3rd party" myth will be exposed...

we're no more interested today than we were 10 years ago.
Thehell?

Who's "we?"

You don't work at DL. You left. Wether or not you're interested is irrelevant.

Kev,
I have no idea how Q ever thinks he has the right to comment on the subject since he walked away from DL and is only back because of a massive strategic failure at his union that cost him and thousands of others their jobs... but he obviously still longs for his days in the airline industry even if he will never admit it.

you may not have thought you ever became part of the DL family but DL employees understand the concept of family to mean part of a permanent group.

You want to kick anyone out of your club that doesn't think just like you but we are capable of embracing diversity in our family. Hey, we accept you and are glad you are part of the family. :)

Yep, we - all of us - are not interested in paying the bill for US' strategic mistakes which is what asking DL employees to form unions now would do in the midst of layoffs that will be widespread at AA/US and UA over the next few years.

DL won this award because it didn't make the mistakes of other airlines including US.

Reactions: 1 person
That's amazingly creepy, even by your normal standards.

It also doesn't change the fact that you are no longer employed by DL.

I have no idea how Q ever thinks he has the right to comment on the subject...
He didn't. He commented on your delusions of still being an active part of something you bailed on years ago.

Reactions: 3 people
IOW, you want to kick out anyone that doesn't believe just like you do. Q never was a part of it. He bailed before gaining tenure and then joined a lawsuit to get some goodies from the airline industry after the strategic failure of AMFA that cost him and others their jobs.

Too bad you grabbed your first DL paycheck before reading the fine print or bothering to understand the culture that has made DL great. I'm in, Kev. Lifetime membership... you seem to be the that has had a hard time figuring out how the game is played here, Kev.

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
Who is we? I think I get your obsession now. You never left did you? Do you still get up each morning and put on your Delta pin, drink coffee out of your Delta mug, and pray towards Hapeville? Then sulk.
I think he needs to seek help.....