Delta passes out 4% raises to employees

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
No sooner than the recent talks of unionizing started up and Delta once again throws out another 4% raises to most all employees (minus Pilots)
Also very coincidental around the F/A's drive to unionize too. The king of anti union propaganda strikes again. Congrats to all the Delta employees who will enjoy another 4% increase.
And where will that put Delta Mechanics that are topped out??? Curious...

With the rampant inflation and gas price spikes, kudos to DL for doing this. Cost of living is going up for everyone.

Reactions: swamt
No sooner than the recent talks of unionizing started up and Delta once again throws out another 4% raises to most all employees (minus Pilots)
Also very coincidental around the F/A's drive to unionize too. The king of anti union propaganda strikes again. Congrats to all the Delta employees who will enjoy another 4% increase.
And where will that put Delta Mechanics that are topped out??? Curious...

right around $54 for 2 license shops.

With the rampant inflation and gas price spikes, kudos to DL for doing this. Cost of living is going up for everyone.
Unfortunately, our contract limits our pay raises. My daughter, who is a nurse, quit her union job at St Joes where her payscale limited her to 2% pay raise, and instead got a 30% payraise at new job.

4% raise sucks but better than 2%

Reactions: robbedagain
That type of "quit for a raise" activity has been happening in droves for those who aren't handcuffed to their seniority...

Everyone I know who quit at my airline for another job has seen at least a 15% pay raise. One guy saw 40%.

Cool, thx for info.
im a dumbass. I forgot license pay went up as well. I think it went to 8 an hour from 5 so add that in.
Unfortunately, our contract limits our pay raises. My daughter, who is a nurse, quit her union job at St Joes where her payscale limited her to 2% pay raise, and instead got a 30% payraise at new job.

4% raise sucks but better than 2%
its positives and negatives......
Did you get that 2% last year as well? Cause Delta didn't see ****.

generally American/United/Southwest have low but consistent raises where Delta tends to wait till they are lagging fairly far behind and then gives a huge raise for the flash factor. "Did any unions get its people a 14% raise this year?" all the koolaid drinkers are all "Hell no! wooo"
anyone who can do math is like "well no, but they got 13% over the last X years when we didn't get anything"

im a dumbass. I forgot license pay went up as well. I think it went to 8 an hour from 5 so add that in.

generally American/United/Southwest have low but consistent raises where Delta tends to wait till they are lagging fairly far behind and then gives a huge raise for the flash factor. "Did any unions get its people a 14% raise this year?" all the koolaid drinkers are all "Hell no! wooo"
anyone who can do math is like "well no, but they got 13% over the last X years when we didn't get anything"
I was gonna ask if that was correct because we are upper 50's with two more raises coming. So Delta guys are around 57ish if we add the new $3 increase in lic increases?

This is the current AA payscale.
AMTS all classifications.
GSE and Facilities.
All premiums listed separately.

Attachments

• TWU Pay Scale.jpg
    TWU Pay Scale.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 149
And then there is all of a sudden more and more. So after the just announced 4% raise passed out to F/A's and taking place this week (announced in March) another carrot dangling out there for the F/A's. Now the F/A's will get paid for boarding the airplanes instead of after loaded and doors closed. So Delta, "why at only 50% pay?" Why not full pay for boarding?? Just another jab at buying off the F/A's to get a no vote for a union when the time comes. Now let's see if the rest of the industry will follow Delta's lead.

I like my contract. The language regarding overtime and holidays bumped me past $100,000 easy in lil ole pbi. Delta booted all their rampers here a long time ago.

Since Delta has doled out this recent 4% raise to all their employees, I have been reading where a bunch of more companies have been also passing out 4-6% raises in many, many other related industries as well as non-related industries. And even some has mentioned the Delta raises helped to trigger. So I will tip my hat to Delta for starting a new wage range higher than the past typical (and still below COLA) of 1.5-3% raises. With all this rampant inflation and the cost of living, on average, increasing as much as 600-1500 per household. The newly wage ranges are more prevalent than ever and should be more like 5-8% raises in order to offset the huge cost increases that are still growing at this time...

+1

It's what they do best. And why would they stop? The Kool Aid drinkers eat it up . Every time.

+1

It's what they do best. And why would they stop? The Kool Aid drinkers eat it up . Every time.
Agreed. Delta is well known for doing these things in the industry. Playing catchup after years of no raises, then Delta finally makes the catch up move and usually putting their employees at the top making them look like the ones making the first move while most others are ending or close to the end of nego new contracts giving a bar, if ya will, so when all the others come out of nego's they top Delta's "catch up" raises that they timely make it look like they are the first to give the raises in the general publics minds AND yes, all the Kool Aid drinkers think the same as well. All perfectly timed moves to keep the unions out as much as possible...