Delta Shuttle and Delta Connection

czerny

Advanced
Mar 24, 2004
Dumb question, what is the difference between Delta Shuttle and Delta Connection? Our jumpseat agreement with Delta does not include flights operated by Delta Connection. Reason being, since the LGA-Bos shuttle service may be operated by Shuttle America next year, are these flights going to be classified as Delta Connection? If so, I can no longer jumpseat for free going to and from LGA back to Boston, and may have to go over to US Airways.I'm trying to plan ahead for January. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Dumb question, what is the difference between Delta Shuttle and Delta Connection? Our jumpseat agreement with Delta does not include flights operated by Delta Connection. Reason being, since the LGA-Bos shuttle service may be operated by Shuttle America next year, are these flights going to be classified as Delta Connection? If so, I can no longer jumpseat for free going to and from LGA back to Boston, and may have to go over to US Airways.I'm trying to plan ahead for January. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Not dumb at all...

Delta Shuttle= Same as US shuttle, eg. hourly flights between BOS-DCA-LGA.

Delta Connection= Term given to any airlink partner. Akin to US Airways Express, or NW Airlink.

Where it gets fun is that now part of the Delta shuttle will be flown by a Delta Connection carrier, who just happens to be Shuttle America. :lol:

No idea on J/S agreements, but it sounds like you know way more about that than me...

As of now the LGA-BOS flights are still going to be operated by DL mainline and not Shuttle America. No telling what the future may bring.