Delta Shuttle being outsourced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalbalpa

Senior
Dec 4, 2008
By January 1/2 of the operation will be operated by Shuttle America and by March 100% of the flying will go to Shuttle America.

Delta will be...

...Losing up to 29 daily departures out of LGA.
...Losing up to 15 daily departures out of BOS.
...Losing up to 14 daily departures out of DCA.

But its all in our best interest, right?

:eek:
By January 1/2 of the operation will be operated by Shuttle America and by March 100% of the flying will go to Shuttle America.

Delta will be...

...Losing up to 29 daily departures out of LGA.
...Losing up to 15 daily departures out of BOS.
...Losing up to 14 daily departures out of DCA.

But its all in our best interest, right?
:eek: Is this for real, or rumor? Can someone please confirm. Thnks

:eek:
:eek: Is this for real, or rumor? Can someone please confirm. Thnks

Absolutely for real. LGA-DCA, anyway....Came out in today's Delta Daily that's emailed to all employees.

"Delta Shuttle ops will move to Embraer 175s early next year

In January, we’ll begin the transition to Embraer 175 jet aircraft on our Delta Shuttle operations between New York-LaGuardia and Washington, D.C.
We fly the LGA-DCA route currently with MD-88s except for two daily flights operated by Shuttle America with E175s. On Jan. 5, half the LGA-DCA schedule will be operated by MD-88s and Shuttle America E175s offering the same ground and in-flight service as today. On March 28, the route will be operated entirely by Shuttle America E175s."

What an awesome company. Hooray! :rolleyes:

Absolutely for real. LGA-DCA, anyway....Came out in today's Delta Daily that's emailed to all employees.

In January, we’ll begin the transition to Embraer 175 jet aircraft on our Delta Shuttle operations between New York-LaGuardia and Washington, D.C.
We fly the LGA-DCA route currently with MD-88s except for two daily flights operated by Shuttle America with E175s. On Jan. 5, half the LGA-DCA schedule will be operated by MD-88s and Shuttle America E175s offering the same ground and in-flight service as today. On March 28, the route will be operated entirely by Shuttle America E175s."

Hopefully US gets the DL shuttle customers...we still have F ;)

IF Delta can't make money using the MD-88/737-300/737-800/727-200
why not try something smaller (with F/C) that may make money? Whose best interest is it, if Delta operates these routes at a loss?

Thanks for the heads up. I commute on Delta Shuttle to LGA from Boston and it's been a wonderful experience and a great convenience for me. I guess I'll have to trot over to US air and/or JetBlue from January on.

There is nothing offical about LGA-BOS. I think the hand writing is on the wall though.

Sorry to take the thread on bit of a tangent, but:

Does anyone have any idea if the handling of the Shuttle flights is outsourced in BOS?

I've been told that at LGA, "regular" flights are handled by M/L ramp, but the shuttle is DGS.

I wonder if the outsourced flights are included with the capacity cuts recently announced? or..the outsourcing is on top of the capacity cuts?

Hopefully US gets the DL shuttle customers...we still have F ;)

Sure. And not getting 500 miles for the flight. The shuttle was a better product on US when it did not have F.

You would have to be smoking crack to do US for DCA-LGA versus DL.

Anymore, I take the train. Less hassle all the way around.

Sorry to take the thread on bit of a tangent, but:

Does anyone have any idea if the handling of the Shuttle flights is outsourced in BOS?

I've been told that at LGA, "regular" flights are handled by M/L ramp, but the shuttle is DGS.
All of BOS is handled by DL. I think they can outsource easily at LGA due to the Shuttle operating out of Marine term

I just got back from DFW where they are going from under wing contract to all Delta. You always seem to give your doom and gloom/we need a union scenarios. You obviously have never had your own business and if you did it probably failed with your attitude. This is a tipsy turvy time where business is concerned. Of course you wouldn't understand that being a non business person. Maybe you should try reporting the stations that are going back to company operated. You only want to report the negative. This is an awesome company! If you don't think so. You fill in the rest.

ITs just the first of many new outsourcing projects that is on the horizon. The new NWA DAL team has lots in store for you guys. You can call it the Raping of NWA part 2 except now the name is DAL. Nah, you dont need a union.
Good luck. :angry:

I just got back from DFW where they are going from under wing contract to all Delta. You always seem to give your doom and gloom/we need a union scenarios. You obviously have never had your own business and if you did it probably failed with your attitude. This is a tipsy turvy time where business is concerned. Of course you wouldn't understand that being a non business person. Maybe you should try reporting the stations that are going back to company operated. You only want to report the negative. This is an awesome company! If you don't think so. You fill in the rest.

1. How would you know if I have (or have had) a business? You do not know me well enough to comment on my business acumen/history. Do not make that mistake again.

2. I have commented on what stations are coming back "in house" on this site quite a bit. Maybe you should do some research before lashing out.

3. If this is such an "awesome" company with benevolent leaders, they should have no problem putting things like Scope, pay, and benefits in a binding agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.