Delta Starved Me!

Carthik

Nov 8, 2005
:down:

Issues have been numbered as (1),(2),(3).

Issue 1: The Flight that I was supposed to take from CINCINNATTI- MADRAS on 15th Oct, was cancelled due to Aircraft Breakdown, and was rescheduled to 16th Oct. As a result of which, I had to loose an entire business day at India, and postpone some vital client meetings.

Apart from this Delta had put me through a whole range of harassment both at the Airport (for accommodation) and on board the flight

Issue 2: The accommodation given to me had a check-out time of 12 noon, when my flight was scheduled to leave only at 7:20 pm. As a result, I have to leave the hotel early, and had to do around 7 hours of “sitting†at the Airport. Dinner was not provided both at the Hotel & the Airport. I had however waited, as I was going to have Dinner on-board the flight…

Issue 3: I boarded the flight after the prolonged wait. Half-way thro the flight at Dinner time, I hear from the hostess that “THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY DINNERâ€, as they ran out of Vegetarian Food!!!! HOW ABSURD CAN THIS GET??? Affected with the health issue of “ULCERSâ€, I have been medically advised to NOT skip any meals! AND NOW I HAD TO STAY HUNGRY ON A 8 HOUR FLIGHT + DELAY OF 2 HOURS, till I reached Paris. This above the fact, that I had not had any food during the 7 hour wait at the airport. The hostess, in fact had the cheek, to tell me to eat meat, when I have been a vegetarian for all my life!!! My Itinerary booking clearly said “ASIAN VEGETARIAN MEALâ€. The least Delta could have done, was to inform me about this non-availability of food at the airport, I would have at least grabbed some food before boarding!!! The Delta staff were certainly aware that the vegetarian food supplies were low, long before the flight took off…

IS THIS HOW DELTA TREATS A CORPORATE TRAVELLER??? I WAS TRAVELLING FOR MY COMPANY, ON A BUSINESS TRIP. A few colleagues, who were traveling with me on the same flight, had to go thro the same harassment! It’s a shame that despite my Company flying most of its employees on Delta as a preferred airline, this kind of treatment is being meted out to us!!! This goes as a STRONG FEEDBACK to my Organisation, and ensure that Delta is wiped out of the preferred airlines list!!!

Before getting off the flight at Paris, I had also given a written compliant about this (on Delta Feedback form) to ‘Tammy’, chief of the on-board crew, clearly specifying that I required a response from Delta regarding this harassment. It’s a shame that such Customer feedback, has generated no importance from Delta, that I have till today, not received “NO RESPONSE†from Delta. Is this the idea of leaving the feedback forms at all the Delta Agent Desks?? IS THIS THE PSEUDO-CARE THAT DELTA PORTRAYS WHEN IT DOES NOT BOTHER TO EVEN RESPOND????????

Flight details

Date: 16th Oct
Flight : DL44
Origin : Cincinnati
Destination : Paris-Degaulle
Seat : 49 J

IS DELTA GOING TO BE ANSWERABLE FOR MY HEALTH ISSUES CAUSED BY THE ULCER???

I await a response to the above, and Delta’s compensation to me for all the harassment caused!!!

I also require the contact details (email, Phone, Mailing Address) of the chief of Customer Service at Delta Corporate!

With Utter Disgust!!!

Carthik

I'm trying to figure out HOW & WHY you would go all day with no food just so you could eat an airline meal. This amazes me. I've even had diabetics onboard saying they need food immediately when we don't have a scheduled service. If food is this big of an issue, get your own and don't rely on others to get it for you.

Stop crying. :down:

I'm trying to figure out HOW & WHY you would go all day with no food just so you could eat an airline meal. This amazes me. I've even had diabetics onboard saying they need food immediately when we don't have a scheduled service. If food is this big of an issue, get your own and don't rely on others to get it for you.

Stop crying. :down:
BTW, who DOESN"T take a snack on a flight across the pond? Besides you?

Sir/Ma'am

You are the most irresponsible excuse of a human being that I have EVER encountered on theses boards. Perhaps you should reread your post so that you too can see how stupid you sound.

You are just plain WRONG!! :down: :down:

Albeit Delta should have provide the requested meal, I am completely astonished at your complaint. How can you have a medical condition that requires you to eat, but not be responsible enough to take it upon yourself and have a meal at the airport? I find it odd that you work for what is appearently a multi-national company, but cannot afford the $10 to purchase a meal? Unfortunately you come across as a complete whiner and complainer. It seems that it is time that you grow up and take personal responsibility for your own health concerns. If you fly as much as you allude, you should know that one doesn't rely on an airline to provide your three balanced meals. Not to mention, airline food really isn't that great. I certainly don't plan my travel day looking forward to Roadside Chicken Delight.

BTW, who DOESN"T take a snack on a flight across the pond? Besides you?

:up:

Airline food is a well known disgrace. To wait for it is beyond most peoples comprehension, most people eat before they fly to avoid it!

It sounds like your ulcer is stress related as opposed to neglect by Delta.

You should however get some compensation for your delay.

I have to think that if this were a real complaint, they would actually try to reach Delta and not post to an airline board that you know is just going to end up badly. What would you expect to get from all of us ranters and ravers? A free flight?

I tend to think that this was somebody's alter-ego (hence the first post) trying to bash DL. How would a customer that feigns a lack of knowledge of the industry know how to find an industry board in the first place? And again...why waste time writing to us.

Flame bait :down: :down: :down: :down:

I find it odd that you work for what is appearently a multi-national company, but cannot afford the $10 to purchase a meal?

Note that he was sitting in seat 49J - deep in the back section of economy class on the 777-200. If his company isn't paying for a lower numbered seat to meet his obviously needy condition than it's quite possible his "multi-national" company has less concern for his well being than Delta does.

Agree with ch 12 -- flame bait!

very interesting responses given that none of the people here so far as I know are Delta employees.

It is well documented that emotional responses are a far bigger determinant of one's health than what one eats. Some companies offer anger management classes but, if not, just about every religion has something to say about it.

which is precisely the point.
...and as the airlines continue to morph into the WALMART of the travel industry, you shall see even less compassion for the whiners who want a $99.00 ticket served up with lobster and vintage wine.....dont like it? TAKE THE BUS!

very interesting responses given that none of the people here so far as I know are Delta employees.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You don't think that this is a phony? Sure...when I have a problem with my cable bill, I call Exxon. I figure that it he most logical way to take care of the situation.

I am a compassionate person but somebody who acts as an innocent pax is not going to just stumble onto these boards ("oh...what is this 'usaviation' thing...guess I'll go here!"), become a first-time poster, and be completely proficient and comfortable with us nuts on this board. This is somebody that has been here...lurking...and is just looking to get a rise. Hardly worth the effort. However...my ONLY advice for such and individual would be CONTACT THE CARRIER. A bunch of debaters on these boards will get you a hot cup of jack squat.

Latest posts