Delta Still Shining Big...

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Another engine contract signed for 6 years at Delta Tech Ops. They just continue to make positive moves towards padding that already premium PS plan shared with their employees. Keep it up Delta. Always taking care of their employees. Always great to hear about expansions. Congrats to all who benefit from this new contract and maintenance coming into Delta.

Delta inks engine maintenance agreement with Austria's largest carrier

Reactions: Kev3188
+1

There’s a few people on this site that pout a lot and bellow that DL outsources a ton. Things like this just prove them dead wrong. Again.
Agree robbed. They too have slammed us about how much we outsource. Not in our control as all this crap was set by the IAM and the teamsters for the last 30 plus years.
We've been at 69-72% outsourcing since day one of SWA's birth. Anyway, as long as I get a paycheck and have great job security, it's all ok with me...

Delta still winning!
Delta still #1 for bus. travelers.
United closing the gap on Delta in 2nd place.
AA is 3rd and last of the legacies.
SWA falls in at forth as expected being a LCC, however, SWA will be launching new bus traveler options starting in 2nd half of 2020. I still don't see us getting any higher than 4th place as long as we don't have first class optional seating.

BusinessAmerican City Business Journals
American, Southwest score at bottom end of business travel rankings

Delta still winning!
Delta still #1 for bus. travelers.
United closing the gap on Delta in 2nd place.
AA is 3rd and last of the legacies.
SWA falls in at forth as expected being a LCC, however, SWA will be launching new bus traveler options starting in 2nd half of 2020. I still don't see us getting any higher than 4th place as long as we don't have first class optional seating.

BusinessAmerican City Business Journals
American, Southwest score at bottom end of business travel rankings
I expected AA to fall due to multiple issues but SWA i thought wld been better despite lack of FC

I expected AA to fall due to multiple issues but SWA i thought wld been better despite lack of FC
Hopefully I am wrong and we get 3rd after the launch of the new bus model and the additional aircraft with the return of the Max's and hopefully the extra aircraft other airlines have canceled.

When u say bus model...is SW getting the A220? I read an article whereas they may be looking into that?
No. Kev., I was referring to business travelers. SWA is working on a new bus model for the bus travelers. SWA wants to start working on getting more bus travelers, so a new bus model is being worked on and will or should be out by mid to late 2020.
However, yes to the part about AirBus. SWA has been seriously considering other manufacturers and AB is one of them. SWA will even look at purchasing another airline to acquire the aircraft. Hence the rumors about Alaska, JB and even Spirit...

Latest posts