Delta TechOps/Roll Royce Announce Service Center Deal

topDawg

Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
finally, the worst kept secret have been publicly announced.  

ATLANTA - Oct. 26, 2015—Delta TechOps, the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)  business of Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL), and Rolls-Royce are teaming up, bringing advanced jet engines from Rolls-Royce to a 100,000-square foot expanded engine shop at Delta’s Technical Operations Center in Atlanta.

Rolls-Royce has named Delta TechOps an approved maintenance center for Trent civil aircraft engines to better serve jet engine customers throughout the life cycle of Rolls-Royce engines for the upcoming generation of aircraft. Delta TechOps will add the Trent XWB and Trent 7000 commercial jet engine types to its MRO portfolio.

PR Link. http://www.deltatechops.com/news/view/rolls-royce-names-delta-techops-as-approved-maintenance-center

New RR page for DeltaTechOps

It doesn't say it in the PR, but judging from some things I'm hearing/seeing looks like the Trent 1000 is also included. 

FWIW the Trent 7000 is basically a Trent 1000 with bleed air and some Trent XWB added in. It will be interesting to see if DTO does just the Trent XWB-84 of if they also do the Trent XWB-97.  

Also new test cell will be the largest in the world. 

I would also like to point out, this is the first time, IIRC, RR has let a MRO join the TotalCare/Trent services Network without being in a JV. I would love to see how that contract works out because for airlines that have a TotalCare agreement with Rollers that work could be heading to Atlanta. (generally its done in zones, so we will cover North America and possible South America. Airlines like HA who have T7000 TotalCare agreements in place should be sending that work to ATL.)  

congrats, dawg.

You nailed it and you and your Tech Ops colleagues should be toasting!

it will be great to celebrate when it comes online

WorldTraveler said:
congrats, dawg.

You nailed it and you and your Tech Ops colleagues should be toasting!

it will be great to celebrate when it comes online
Fwiw its not good for Dawg. 

Engine shop is going to be in TOC1. Not good news for the airframe people. (but I'm use to it) 

see, "it's all about ""ME ME ME"""

and is DL working on space for airframe maintenance elsewhere at ATL or not?

WorldTraveler said:
see, "it's all about ""ME ME ME"""

and is DL working on space for airframe maintenance elsewhere at ATL or not?
you aren't very bright 

lets try some simple math and see if you can figure it out 

TOC1 does 4 lines of airframe work 
TOC1 is becoming and engine shop
TOC2/MSP doesn't have the room to do said airframe work 
No extra hangar space is being added for those lines of work

What do you think happens to that work? I'll give you a hint, the L checks for the 320/757 are starting to be done in SAL/IND respectively as part of the mods. QRO does 737 checks like we do in house for AM. 

Figure it out WT. 

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:
you aren't very bright 

What do you think happens to that work? I'll give you a hint, the L checks for the 320/757 are starting to be done in SAL/IND respectively as part of the mods. QRO does 737 checks like we do in house for AM. 

Figure it out WT. 

What this means is that DL wins!

you aren't very bright 

Figure it out WT.
funny how you are the one that was touting the new airframe work in MSP just a week ago and now you are convinced the company can't come up with enough space to do the work you were celebrating just a week ago?

It is clear that in your rabid fear-driven rage, you don't think thru what you post because the inconsistency from what one week to another is nothing short of stunning.

When DL Tech Ops is decimated of airframe work at the expense of engine work, let us know.

For now, you are consumed by yet another biased, emotional driven and factually based phobia.

If DL brings in more business and it costs them nothing to do so, then yeah, DL wins.

Since you claim to be a stockholder, you should celebrate too.

When dawg says that DL wins by bringing in airframe work last week but it's now all doom and gloom this week because it is engine work, the phobias are not only evident but devoid of reality.

WorldTraveler said:
funny how you are the one that was touting the new airframe work in MSP just a week ago and now you are convinced the company can't come up with enough space to do the work you were celebrating just a week ago?

It is clear that in your rabid fear-driven rage, you don't think thru what you post because the inconsistency from what one week to another is nothing short of stunning.

When DL Tech Ops is decimated of airframe work at the expense of engine work, let us know.

For now, you are consumed by yet another biased, emotional driven and factually based phobia.
Okay know it all

Where are those 4 lines of work going then? 

Reactions: 2 people
maybe, just maybe, they haven't figured it all out just yet.

Did you bother to read and comprehend when the construction is all supposed to start?

WorldTraveler said:
maybe, just maybe, they haven't figured it all out just yet.

Did you bother to read and comprehend when the construction is all supposed to start?

They have till 2018 to find a place to put the work. (and that is pretty much at the very latest) 

which would mean a new hangar will have to be coming along in the next few months, if it isn't already to late. 

Reactions: 1 person