Delta to follow on $25 second bag

Cant find any other press release or news article as second verification, but ATW has a note HERE on Delta following UA and US.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanx scot, for that Info.

I must say, that the DELTA.."chain of events" lately,.....Has been Interesting...to say the Least !

First,

DL wants to DISMANTLE Northwest,(A company with a pretty good looking Balance sheet) by having them eradicate their very Existence(ex: give up the Northwest name), so NW could Join the DELTA family, and have their 747-400's PAINTED/(Emblazoned) with the WORLD Renouned DELTA logo !

Second,

Delta ...Slashes ...4% of the COMPANY, ..offers severance packages to...."30,000" of its employees, and WILL "FORCE OUT".. management jobs, if it does NOT get enough people to take severance, within that group !

Third,

DELTA pulls 20+ A/c out of service. NO surprise there,....EXCEPT that some of the A/C are 757's !
(I know of a company in FT Worth TX. that can't get ENOUGH 757's)

(and) Lastly,

DELTA is considering charging their passengers $25 to "check a 2nd bag" ! :shock:
(kind of reminds me of the commercial that Southwest shows(tounge-in-cheek) about PAYING to recline your seat)

I'm guessing,...that the DELTA employees WON'T be BUYING DELTA any new 777's in the near future :down:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I must say, that the DELTA.."chain of events" lately,.....Has been Interesting...to say the Least !

First,

DL wants to DISMANTLE Northwest,(A company with a pretty good looking Balance sheet) by having them eradicate their very Existence(ex: give up the Northwest name), so NW could Join the DELTA family, and have their 747-400's PAINTED/(Emblazoned) with the WORLD Renouned DELTA logo !

You have a very difficult time staying on subject don't you? This thread addresses a charge for luggage. What does it have to do with the proposed DL/NW merge? Weren't you just warned not to long ago about duplicate threads as well?

Third,

DELTA pulls 20+ A/c out of service. NO surprise there,....EXCEPT that some of the A/C are 757's !
(I know of a company in FT Worth TX. that can't get ENOUGH 757's)

And here are the facts. You know, those pesky little things you tend to ignore or skew.
15-20 mainline aicrcraft. 20-25 50 seat RJ's. If AA can't get enough 757's Bear, why is Delta taking 19 ETOPS rated 757's away from AA. I guess I really should say thank you because I flew one just the other day with a big red widget on the tail. Keep em coming.
Another little tidbit for you. Delta is scheduled to take delivery of 22 new aircraft by the end of 2009.
I would wait and see what happens at AA here shortly enough before running your mouth about other airlines. See APA's latest press release.

I'm guessing,...that the DELTA employees WON'T be BUYING DELTA any new 777's in the near future
Employees... no. Delta... yes.
Anyway, back on topic. It is regretful that DL has elected to charge for baggage, but it is also readily apparent that ALL airlines will be struggling to generate the extra revenue needed to cover oil expenses. The employee turnip has run dry.

NHBB-

I think that in your working life you must have been rejected by DL once or twice. You are really digging deep everywhere you can to make non-sensical comments. Bravo to your AMR pom poms and cheerleader outfit but is that really going to help the most cost-burdoned carrier? While AMR's execs keep writing in more bonuses for themselves and sharing nothing with the employees, and while AMR sits back hoping to be saved by the grace of God rather than react to very severe and exponential changes in the world economy, the rest of the industry...including DL...seems to be taking proactive approaches to soften the blow. Looking at DL's financials, I would say that they are not in dire straits at all like you seem to think...but rather are being proactive to get out ahead of most of the other carriers. Good luck to AMR. I hope their magic leprechaun comes to save them since they don't seem to be doing anything except lining their execs pockets more disproporionately than any other US carrier.

...and yes...I took your flame bait.