Delta's 3q Loss Narrows

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Delta Air Lines Inc. lost $164 million in the third quarter, the Atlanta-based carrier said Tuesday morning. Without special one-time charges, the nation's No. 3 airline lost $172 million, or $1.43 per common share, slightly better than a consensus estimate of a loss of $1.46 per share. The airline lost $330 million, or $2.67 a share, in the same period a year ago.

dallas morning news , Delta's loss narrows

That is a good sign :) but many investers and analists were disappointed with this.
They are calling for DL to get concessions from their workers in order to be competitive with AA and Ual but I don't think the pilots union is going to follow the other airlines because they have said that DL is not financially in trouble and with the industry slowly recovering it would make it even harder for DL's management to get the pilots union to do the same. However, even without the concessions I think Delta is on the right track of trying to lower other costs and to operate efficiently.

I have noticed that the yields at Delta has risen and I figure that this was so mainly because DL has replaced most of the mainline flying with RJs in markets such as Dallas and this would have resulted in more pricing power since there would be less seats to sell and also they have cut alot of capacity.

I am looking forward to the other majors financial results for the quater and I am expecting good things from them (especially AA). TC

Was disturbing to see they managed to payout, which added to there loss, dividends of 4 million dollars on some prefered shares. I wonder how many of those shares belong to Mr Mullin?