Delta's Counter Us Airways Announcement

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040826/clth033_1.html

Look guys can’t you see past the end of your noises. For the past 15 years Delta’s success has resulted form taking ole Piedmont passengers from US Airways in RIC, ORF, CHS, RDU, GSO, the heart of the old Piedmont system. Piedmont built and a great airline centered on offering the best service out of the mid-Atlantic. This is the same ole strategy from Delta. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that they have chosen to counter US Airways announcement by adding new no-stop FLL service out of these cities . Until US Airways reinstates superior service from these cities the company will continue to die. Delta certainly realizes it!

Lets keep this on the U Board ...... please?

That's certainly true, However the way things are going right now, Delta is not in much of a position to withstand losses either.

I'm going to spin this into good news(for those who remember what good news is on this board).....The DL flights will feed the intl. US flights to carrib and latin america!

so what the destination that dl will have from fll would yield that many traffic..
the only airline that can hurt US in FLL is AA if they increase schedules from mia

Until US Airways reinstates superior service from these cities the company will continue to die.

Do you call 3+ hour ERJ treks in and out of FLL "superior service?" I'm sorry, but it's going to take a little more romance than that to scare US from putting this plan together. They're much more concerned with AA in MIA than they are DL's half-hearted attempt to respond.

USAir757 said:
Do you call 3+ hour ERJ treks in and out of FLL "superior service?"
[post="173318"][/post]​

Wake up ... my point has very little to do with FLL. Delta has slowly taken 1/2 of US Airway's passengers in ORF, RIC, GSO, RDU, CHS, ROA, AVL, SDF, CRW etc. The heart of the system. In GSO Delta flies non-stop to MCO, FLL, LGA, BOS, ATL (about 10 md-80's), CVG, DFW. We fly 30 seaters to PIT and BWI. Mostly 37 seaters to CLT and stinky RJ's to LGA and BOS. A couple of 37's and a couple of rj's to PHL???? US Airways only has about 4-5 mainline flights a day out of GSO.

My point is when U made it's move in FLL you see were Delta went to protect it's self!!!!!! GSO RIC ORF CHS RDU!!!!!!!

i doubt that you'll see orf fll on usair without a connection but i could be wrong
if usair does i'd love to see them put a 319 or a 37 onit and steal as many delta people away due to the erj 145 weight restrictions.

You have to start somewhere...

I for one am very interested to see how the whole FLL plans pan out. This is provided US Airways still exists come February when FLL is scheduled to "take off".

I don't think it's a stretch that US would add other city pairs if the FLL operation proves to be a success. Cities like RDU, BTV, BUF, SYR and possibly CHS, ORF and RIC could certainly see direct flights to/from FLL.

By Piedmont I mean the old Jet Piedmont

And whats wrong with the Prop Piedmont???????????????

Heinrich said:
Wasn't there even a USAIr club in ORF years or maybe even a decade or 15 years ago?
[post="173366"][/post]​

NO never was a club there but before Delta came to town Piedmont had 30 mainline flights and the old Usair had 17 a day. I think Usair has about 5 there now.

My point is when U made it's move in FLL you see were Delta went to protect it's self!!!!!! GSO RIC ORF CHS RDU!!!!!!!

Well sure DL can protect itself pretty well in the piedmont, as it has in the past decade or so. But it still doesn't really "counter" the US FLL announcement... it indicates that the new RJ flights to GSO, ORF, CHS, RDU, RIC, etc... are in response to demand for FLL-bound local traffic. The US plan is concentrated on Caribbean-bound traffic. US knows that it will continue to have difficulty competing in the FLL-bound market against WN, DL, NK etc., and so your argument about DL's response doesn't fit what US is doing. So DL throws some RJs on capacity routes that US is neither currently nor planning on servicing? Granted, it will help preserve those piedmont markets, but it's kind of like putting a band-aid on your forehead to help out your headache. The solution doesn't fit the problem.

deltawatch said:
NO never was a club there but before Delta came to town Piedmont had 30 mainline flights and the old Usair had 17 a day. I think Usair has about 5 there now.
[post="173522"][/post]​

5? More like 30 or 40, between regular CLT & PHL service (just added one or two more frequencies), regular directs to DCA & LGA, 2 a day to RDU, several to PIT....

Lets see, DAL has issued a counter in FLL, Spirit has issued a counter, Airtran has isued a cunter, swa has issued a different counter by increasing service into PHL. Seems like the saturate andsuffocate theory is in effect. LCC's competing against LCC's its about time! :D

Latest posts