Democrats Upset Romney OVERPAID His Taxes

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
http://dailycaller.c...aign-complains/

http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=po_c1

http://www.foxnews.c...over-2-decades/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Whorehouse Harry Reid is forgetting his past accusations about Romney not paying any taxes, and claiming that
Romney's returns were manipulated....

Last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to not deduct charitable giving...

Even more interesting is the total amount that Romney, Ryan, Obama and Biden have been giving to charity.

Not only are Romney and Ryan paying their fair share, they're also giving freely to charity, something Biden and Obama haven't been quite as good at.

Mitt Romney has donated nearly 13.5 percent of his income to charity over the last 20 years, according to a statement from his accountants at PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Those charitable gifts reached 29 percent of his income in 2011 when he donated $4 million out of his $13.7 million income, according to a Sept. 21 statement describing the Romney’s 2011 tax returns.

The combination of Romney’s charitable donations and tax payments to federal and state authorities – which averaged 20 percent, and never fell below 13.66 percent — amounted to 38.5 percent of his income over 20 years.

Romney’s generosity contrasts with President Barack Obama’s donations.

Obama gave 1 percent of his income, or $10,772, to charity between 2000 and 2004, according to tax data provided in January 2012. In 2005 and 2006, Obama increased his charitable giving to 5 percent of of his income, or $137,622 on $2.6 million in income. That figure grew to 5.7 percent in 2007.

In 2011, however, Obama’s charitable donations jumped to 22 percent of his income — $172,000 of the $792,000 he earned.

Obama’s donations were far higher than his running mate Joe Biden’s. In the 10 years leading up to the 2008 election, he donated an average of $369 per year, or roughly 0.3 percent of his income.

Since his election to vice-President, however, Joe Biden upped his charitable giving $5,350, or 1.46 percent of his income, in 2010.

Paul Ryan, the Republican vice presidential nominee, donated nearly $13,000 to charity in 2011, or about 4 percent of his income.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz279V9zWXh

The Dude paid almost 2 freakin' million dollars, in taxes last year....................I think he paid his "FAIR SHARE!"

I'm sure that's not enough, for a lot of you ! Don't like it............vote for the "Fair Tax!"

My question Harry is "How much do YOU make in a day?" I guarantee, your overpaid !

Where's Barrack school records ?

Reactions: 1 person
Last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to not deduct charitable giving...

Nope, just hypocritical

"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due, I don't think I'd be qualified to become president," Romney told ABC News in July. "I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."

"I pay all the taxes that are legally required and not a dollar more," Romney said, one day before he released his 2010 return. "I don't think you want someone as the candidate for president who pays more taxes than he owes."

The only reason he did not deduct the charity is because had he done so he would have only had to pay 15% tax instead of 14%. That will go over like a lead ballon for the voters. He pays less in taxes than someone who works for their money.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope, just hypocritical

The only reason he did not deduct the charity is because had he done so he would have only had to pay 15% tax instead of 14%. That will go over like a lead ballon for the voters. He pays less in taxes than someone who works for their money.

So what percent of your earnings do you give to charity?

Why would Ronmey re-open this can of worms by releasing a summary of his last 20 years?

It makes no sense. It seems like the equivalent of Obama putting out a 'notarized' copy of his birth certificate.

Just when he started to change the tide of the news cycle, he steps on it again. I am thinking Peggy Noonan is right.

My standard is what Romney said. By Romneys statement, he is a hypocrite.

Oh. If that's your standard for Romney, is it your standard for Obama?

Obama said:
  • He'd close Gitmo
  • He was going to reduce the deficit.
  • He was against gay marriage
  • He was going to create the most transparent administration in history.
  • He was going to ban lobbyists from serving in his administration.
  • He was going to simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes.
  • He promised to ensure that 10% of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012.
  • He was going to demand higher standards and more accountability from our teachers. (remember the strike last week?....)
  • He also stated that the uninsured would get the same kind of health insurance that members of Congress get. (Congress seems to be exempt from Obamacare...)

I know, all those large social, economic, and national security policies are minimal, especially when compared to the monstrous issue of someone's personal income taxes, but hey, I'm sure you have to have priorities, right?

Why would Ronmey re-open this can of worms by releasing a summary of his last 20 years?

It effectively allows the issue to die before the debates.

Given the way that the Democrats are responding by saying "he deliberately overpaid!" it is also going to make someone difficult for Obama to try and use the "he didn't pay his fair share" argument.

It's also going to take away any sympathy for trying to use Warren Buffett's secretary as an example.

The best he can do is try to call Romney a hypocrite for understating his charity. And that's a dangerous place to go, given how little Biden and Obama (and most other liberals) are with their donations to charity.

It will also probably help his likability scores. Giving to charity isn't necessarily looked down upon in the flyover states.

The whole "47%" kerfuffle has the media painting him as a soulless, greedy bastard.

This effectively takes the wind out of that, and in a rather large way. $4M to charity last year, and not for the tax writeoff?....

I guess so. The deadline for the tax extension was the eve of the debate, was it not?

He is already bruised, so rip off the band aid.

He can recover. This is far from over.

It effectively allows the issue to die before the debates.

Given the way that the Democrats are responding by saying "he deliberately overpaid!" it is also going to make someone difficult for Obama to try and use the "he didn't pay his fair share" argument.

It's also going to take away any sympathy for trying to use Warren Buffett's secretary as an example.

The best he can do is try to call Romney a hypocrite for understating his charity. And that's a dangerous place to go, given how little Biden and Obama (and most other liberals) are with their donations to charity.

It will also probably help his likability scores. Giving to charity isn't necessarily looked down upon in the flyover states.

The whole "47%" kerfuffle has the media painting him as a soulless, greedy bastard.

This effectively takes the wind out of that, and in a rather large way. $4M to charity last year, and not for the tax writeoff?....
Do you think it opens up the Mormon debate with the giving (Tithing)?

I personally commend him for his charity. I am quite sure he could have found a way to not give that much and still hide/shelter his income. He chose not to. And that is knowing that he has been running for POTUS for the last 8 years.