Disappointed with TWU

Duke787

Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
ord
The APA, calls in sick while doing a illegal work action, gets fined by the judge, I think it was $26 million and AA forgives the fine, then they get 14% matching 401k, and no layoff's, the APFA goes on strike in 1993, they pay have as much for insurance as the TWU, and were the industry leaders for a contract.

The TWU does nothing but show up for work and we get 5% matching 401k and 1/2 pay for a sick day, and we have to count on the management from Delta for a pay raise, loyalty doesn't swing both ways.

APA and APFA get uniform points from AA to buy their uniforms, we pay for our uniforms through our contract (based on the fact that in 2003 there was a monitary value when we gave back half our uniforms) now that is some real swift negotiating, TWU says "we want uniforms" AA says "it's worth $300 million" TWU says "we won!"

I can see not getting them same money as the APA, but not getting the same % for 401k matching, is a kick to the plums.

Reactions: 1 person
1459 M&R "saved" in tulsa. Looks like they are fishing for some yes votes

"Saved" ?? For how long? Read the contract you can't vote for this. Pack sand
LOL, you misunderstand brother. I`m firm NO whatever they bring back. I was just pointing out the difference in the March 22 and July 10 numbers. Obviously they are pandering to the tulsa crowd. There are so many reasons to vote NO I would not even know where to start!

I can see not getting them same money as the APA, but not getting the same % for 401k matching, is a kick to the plums.
You are correct, we are not supposed to make as much as the Pilots. However we can strive and should get a compensation ranking equal or better than them.

Reactions: 3 people
If you guys are so disappointed, then why don't you get rid of them? Good God, quit bitchin, and take action, fire the TWU and get a new union. I would recomend AMFA personally, however, if not AMFA, by all means DO NOT go with the teamsters. They are much more worse than the TWU!! Open your eyes people, get a clue, it is time for change at AA for a new union. Grow some brunswicks boys and girls and move on with your lives to a more positive. Man, what will it take for you guys to get a clue. Need I remind you all of the early 90's, 2003, 2010 as well as the current issue at hand. Gee, let's all praise the TWU for all the paycuts, layoffs and ALL the company favored deals they have done throughout all the years at AA. You guys can keep them...

Reactions: 3 people
A change of heart Duke?

In a way yes, I still think voting down the 2010 TA was foolish, and attacking those presidents as sell outs I still think is wrong, but these contracts the TWU keeps bringing back for votes is just insulting. Also the TWU is putting our future and the future of other AMT's career's at risk by enabling AA with such concessionary contracts.

I would like to know if this TA is a consensual agreement or is this a LBO from AA that the negotiators voted to take back for a vote.

Reactions: 1 person
If you guys are so disappointed, then why don't you get rid of them? Good God, quit bitchin, and take action, fire the TWU and get a new union. I would recomend AMFA personally, however, if not AMFA, by all means DO NOT go with the teamsters. They are much more worse than the TWU!! Open your eyes people, get a clue, it is time for change at AA for a new union. Grow some brunswicks boys and girls and move on with your lives to a more positive. Man, what will it take for you guys to get a clue. Need I remind you all of the early 90's, 2003, 2010 as well as the current issue at hand. Gee, let's all praise the TWU for all the paycuts, layoffs and ALL the company favored deals they have done throughout all the years at AA. You guys can keep them...

This is the first time that TUL is actually feeling some pain from the TWU, so we might be switching this time, but I'm sure once again AA will put dead, retired, or non AMT's on the list provided to the NMB. If you ran a company wouldn't you want to keep the TWU on the property.

1459 M&R "saved" in tulsa. Looks like they are fishing for some yes votes
Yes, but don't you think that because of the potential job losses in TUL that the "yes" votes were already substantial on the last last LBO?
You would think they would've pandered to the line guys for yes votes.

Yes, but don't you think that because of the potential job losses in TUL that the "yes" votes were already substantial on the last last LBO?
You would think they would've pandered to the line guys for yes votes.

I agree with you here, it doesn't seem like the tweek to this picked up any line votes and the TUL vote should be largely unchanged. The wild card in this is the nearly 2000 folks that didn't vote last time.

I would venture a guess and say that if a YES vote occurs this time.....That the vote results would almost mirror an AMFA vs TWU vote. Let alone a vote to have an election.

I would like to know if this TA is a consensual agreement or is this a LBO from AA that the negotiators voted to take back for a vote.

Well the vote is out there. The five cornerstone city Presidents, AFW and MIA T-II voted against bringing it back. Some call it a TA, some are calling it a Modified LBO or LBOII. Even though the company dictated what the changes were to the first "Last Best and Final Offer, since it was voted by the majority of the negotiating committee to bring it back, including two FSC Presidents, (if those two were not there, and no weighted vote was allowed it would have been a tie and the International would have been the tie breaker) it is a TA in the legal sense but so was the last one we rejected. (By the way the International is using the numbers from 2007 for the weighted vote, since then DFW and some of the other line stations have grown while Tulsa has shrunk).

Mark Burdette started off by saying that they had no plans to renegotiate the offer and that all they were interested in doing was "tweaking it" to get the 600 votes they need to get it to pass. In other words "screw the line mechanics". Thats what they feel about you. They were throwing a few crumbs at T-II and Tulsa knowing that between them they had the majority in the committee by either a straight vote or a weighted vote. They hope thats enough to get it to pass. Jim Ream, who had met several times with just Tulsa, refused to even talk to the Line representatives, said he was done, not interesrted in anything the line had to say and walked away from Gary Peterson.

Reactions: 4 people